What's new

First time seeing this.... extremely fast flowering!

Lesnah

Hi, so I have been growing cannabis on and off for about 12 years at a micro level (just a few plants from seed here and there) and this is my first time seeing this...
PXL_20240628_162811071.jpg

This seedling is only 2 weeks old from breaking soil, as you can tell from only having just formed the third node. Yet, it has already developed male flowers.

Is this normal? The closest thing I've seen to this is a male siberian seedling I managed to germinate a few years ago when Russian Landrace Bureau first offered them.

Any feedback/information will be much appreciated. If this thread is in the wrong section I do apologize in advance!

cbotany

I've bred with small males before, and the results are pretty cool, I don't remember the story of lowryder word from word, but the first plants came from a male just like yours! I wouldn't kill it, play around make some seed, who knows what secrets this little guy has to offer! You can always save pollen as he grows, I'm not a commercial breeder, but novel traits like this are fun! I've been on a search for a strain I think called betty boop that was an auto made from lowryder x mazar that would finish out at 60 days, (anyone who is going to suggest 60 day wonder, thats an 80 day strain) and would flower much like your male! With some time, and some perseverance you can make an auto, even if for your own enjoyment, the world has never seen before.

Lesnah

I've bred with small males before, and the results are pretty cool, I don't remember the story of lowryder word from word, but the first plants came from a male just like yours! I wouldn't kill it, play around make some seed, who knows what secrets this little guy has to offer! You can always save pollen as he grows, I'm not a commercial breeder, but novel traits like this are fun! I've been on a search for a strain I think called betty boop that was an auto made from lowryder x mazar that would finish out at 60 days, (anyone who is going to suggest 60 day wonder, thats an 80 day strain) and would flower much like your male! With some time, and some perseverance you can make an auto, even if for your own enjoyment, the world has never seen before.
Eventhough this is a volunteer/unlabeled seedling...since it seems to be ruderalis... it's 1 of three options. It could be Sinai from RSC, Siberian from RLB or a "gomer" from Afterthought Autos(most probably it's this third option). Gomers are unlabeled seeds I have gotten from Arid Bud because i was bored and couldn't make up my mind as to which seeds to purchase. Honestly though, I'm impressed so far, this bastard is already taller than the other 4 seedlings and it's healthy af with minimal inputs.

I wouldn't mind exchanging seeds if I end up making a batch from this male.

cbotany

Eventhough this is a volunteer/unlabeled seedling...since it seems to be ruderalis... it's 1 of three options. It could be Sinai from RSC, Siberian from RLB or a "gomer" from Afterthought Autos(most probably it's this third option). Gomers are unlabeled seeds I have gotten from Arid Bud because i was bored and couldn't make up my mind as to which seeds to purchase. Honestly though, I'm impressed so far, this bastard is already taller than the other 4 seedlings and it's healthy af with minimal inputs.

I wouldn't mind exchanging seeds if I end up making a batch from this male.
Yeah man, I'm always down to trade :)