What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

First grow since 2002 - Sensi Seeds Purple Cookie Kush

HalfPipe97

So this was my first grow after a long absence from growing. I will only post some late pics to show the results. I would have more photos (made some every week from beginning), but I wouldn't know what to write about the earlier phases.

I made many mistakes, but the plants were very forgiving. My worst mistake was to plug in my analogue timer the wrong way around. This caused the light to flicker during dark phases - which I never noticed until after harvest, because I didn't dare to disturb the plants during dark phase. So this is probably what caused the plants to herm - only partly though because I never spotted any male calyxes.

My setup was quite basic, cheap tent, cheap 250W LED, oversized Mars Hydro inline fan + carbon filter, cheap office clip fan, 10 liter fabric pots, the basic Bio Bizz fertilizers (Bio Grow, Bio Bloom, Top Max and Fish Mix) and Bio Bizz Light Mix soil.

After about 6 weeks of flowering, I decided to take a sample. Dried it with my Arizer table top vape at 100 degrees celcius and spotted some seeds. One of my samples had so many seeds that I thought the harvest was ruined, but for some reason I managed to select the bud with the most seeds. No other bud had this many seeds after harvest. First I considered my options, but it became obvious that the only way to save the run, was to harvest early. So I did and the result was much better then expected. The yield kinda sucked but lasted me for a good 2 months anyway. Effect was great, much nicer than expected. First it would hit you like a typical sativa, very uplifting and cerebral and then the indica effect crept in slowly.
I liked that the indica side of things never became too overpowering unless I smoked alot - which is partly due to the early harvest of course.

Here are some photos from the day I harvested and some flowers after drying. Keep in mind that I kept many of the sugar leaves on purpose to protect the trichomes, but removed them before smoking the buds.

1.JPG

This was the stinkiest of them all - so I named her "Shipoopi" (the girl thats hard to get)
2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited:

HalfPipe97

In case anybody wondered if my post was only bs, here are the seeds I got of these plants -besides the first 5 or so that I threw away. You might notice that most arent even ripe which is due to the early harvest:

322.JPG