What's new

First Autoflower grow question

I have grown for a long time but I have thrown my first auto into a tent by itself under some homemade COBs that I have had great success with. I received a free Red Mimosa XL seed with an order and have a question for anyone familiar with autos.

The seed is supposed to take 67 days and many growers say it finishes in 60. I am at 72 days and none of the trichs have even turned amber. I have read that some more sativa plants won't turn amber (I really don't even like sativas for personal use but I like the challenge of growing them). This plant looks amazing and many of the branches are falling over due to their weight and need to be strung up to the top of the tent.

My question is, do autoflowers usually follow the same rules of 70-80% amber? Are their exceptions?

I am in no hurry just don't want to overdo it. Thanks

I am awaiting approval as I am a new member but I had an account here years ago.

I am also doing a Wedding Cheesecake Fast and a Sweet Skunk Fast in my backyard along with a crazy fast growing Wedding Cheesecake Fast that I will clone and scrog, this plant has the most amazing growth of any plant I have ever seen.

Back to the Mimosa, I am just not sure on how to handle an auto.

Thanks guys, smokes on me, I have some good old school Skunk #1 and some really nice Green Crack that recently cured.

Last edited:

CannaZen

I grew mine to almost 4 months before cutting mine, in fact some wanted to continue until October but when it gets to the point that the quality of flowers starts to decline. Outdoors I was able to determine on one specimen of mine that it had mostly grown out and resin would deteriorate in areas.

Last edited: