What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Finally back at it, with a better setup. Exotic Genetics and Cult Classics Seeds Run.

DoloDankness

I took a visit over to the spot yesterday because we were transplanting, took them from 2 gallons to 5 gallons. I learned I don't really like to transplant with fabric pots, most of the root ball gets attached to the fabric making it quite difficult to get the plant out. The plants didn't seem to mind, but we were left without looking at a full root ball. Not sure if we transplanted a little too early or not but we were watering everyday to keep to soil moist so who knows. I didn't do anything special after the transplant, just watered with a small amount to introduce them into their new homes along with sprinkling in some mycorrhizae in the soil and a little on the roots. I did take a few pictures of what they looked like after transplant, so here those are now...

Here's the overhead shot for this week, nothing to complain about...
Overhead Shot Wk 6.jpg

This is honestly a bad shot of the Flo-See but she is going nuts, it's becoming a straight bush. I picked a few of her leaves off this morning before I left to open her up a little more.
Flo-See wk5.jpg

Here's the Sawtooth Pheno of the Cement Shoes, she seems to be the most finnicky plant in the garden, we upped the dose of nutes for them this passed week and she is the only one that decided to have a little tip burn and leaf curl... not sure what that's about but she still seems happy for the most part.

Sawtooth wk5.jpg

This is the normal pheno of the Cement Shoes, she's looking way bushier than she was last week. After training her we learned she would much rather be tied down than topped... She takes too long to come back from a topping for me.
Normal Cement Shoes wk 5.jpg

This is the Night Moves, from being the smallest seedling we had, she has absolutely crushed it. For having 3 different strains in one tent I am very pleased with how even the canopy is.
Night Moves wk 5.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
you should see some nice growth in the weeks to come doh
i like to flower in 5g pots
i would not sweat the loss of some roots, when i repot i usually rough up the root ball a little (discarding the older soil) and will even trim off some of the roots if they look like it needs it
your plants look great and i like how some of them have the fat,overlapping leaf structure
are you going to put up a screen at some point to support the flower growth or do you plan on using sticks at some point
is this a close friend you brought over to see your grow?
/im still of the old school, you dont show people your spot unless they are top tier
got any plans for the weekend man?

DoloDankness

you should see some nice growth in the weeks to come doh
i like to flower in 5g pots
i would not sweat the loss of some roots, when i repot i usually rough up the root ball a little (discarding the older soil) and will even trim off some of the roots if they look like it needs it
your plants look great and i like how some of them have the fat,overlapping leaf structure
are you going to put up a screen at some point to support the flower growth or do you plan on using sticks at some point
is this a close friend you brought over to see your grow?
/im still of the old school, you dont show people your spot unless they are top tier
got any plans for the weekend man?
Thank you for the kind words pop!! Yes we will be putting a net up to support them during flower. And I don’t know what I typed up there, but nobody sees the spot unless they are basically family. Total of 4 people have seen it. I’m keepin it very lowkey. Everybody’s on vacation but me so I’m by myself this weekend, checkin up on the girls. Gonna watch the Formula 1 race tomorrow morning, after that I got nothin haha. You got anything exciting goin on?

DoloDankness

So last weekend my buddy was on vacation so I was taking care of the plants all week. They are doing phenomenal! I am so pleased with how things are going in this garden. The only thing that I am slightly worried about is since we have transplanted them into the 5 gallon pots, the environment has increased humidity to around 70% average with the tent closed. It isn't problem now but it does raise concern for when they are in flower. We will probably have to buy a cheap dehumidifier from Walmart or something. Other than that there really isn't anything to complain about... Now time for some pics!

Here's the overhead shot for this past week. I just did the math we are on day 58 of veg from germ. We are going to be flipping real soon and have the real party begin! Another thing to add, these plants were under 24 hours of light for the first 2 weeks of their life. So it most likely is the reason these plants aren't as large as some others at 60 days.
Overhead Shot Wk7.jpg

Here is the Flo-See just absolutely killing it in the garden. This is my favorite so far. They all have similar stem rubs, which doesn't surprise considering their genetics.
Flo-see wk7.jpg

Here is the Night Moves in all her glory! So far she is the only one to show pistils. I've been picking leaves almost everyday to open her up. As you can see she doesn't mind at all.
Night Moves wk7.jpg

Here is the normal pheno of the Cement Shoes, looking like she's about to explode with that middle growth. I noticed as I was defoliating her lowers, the purple stem of the leaves. So I decided to take the stem and juice it with my fingers to see what would happen. And lo and behold, purple juice came of the damn leaf stem and stained my fingers!! Which means this one is carrying anthocyanins pretty heavy I'm assuming. Hopefully will make for some nice colors.
Normal Cement Shoes wk7.jpg

Here is the Sawtooth pheno of the Cement Shoes. Looking beautiful as well. Nothing much to say about her besides the fact it almost looks like the plant is looking more normal without the 3 fingered leaves everywhere haha.
Sawtooth wk7.jpg

DoloDankness

This week marks 60 days in veg, and for my first run in a few years I am more than happy with how everything is looking. As you can see we installed the trellis in the tent... I couldn't seem to get real proper tension on the netting. In the end it was good enough for me. Recently the humidity has been a little high on average lately, staying around 70% throughout the day. We just bought a small dehumidifier so we don't have to deal with PM or at least deal with it before it happens. I'm seeing pistils on all of the plants except for the sawtooth pheno of the Cement Shoes. They are getting their light schedule flipped sometime this week. I wanted to give them a day or two because we really stripped them down this week. Idk if it'd be considered lollipopping or not, but we took a lot off of the plants. Gonna let them go for 3 weeks in flower and then on day 21 they are gonna get their last defoliation. The smells we were getting during the defoliation was incredible. From cookies to candy we have a decent range of terps in here considering everything in here has cookies in it somewhere. My fingers were so tacky afterwards it was cool to show my buddies what its like. He really seems to be learning quickly and easily picks up things. If he doesn't understand something he asks instead of assumes, which is pretty much all I ask.
Overhead shot wk8.jpg

Here's an example of what we did this week, this is the Flo-see. Nice and clean.
undercarriage wk8.jpg

Here's the normal shot of the Flo-see, she didn't seem to mind the training we did.
Flo-See wk8.jpg

Here's the Night Moves sitting pretty.
Night Moves wk8.jpg

Cement Shoes #1 aka Normal Pheno. This is the plant that we incorrectly topped, it doesn't seem to care though lol. This is my favorite looking plant in the garden. The amount of growth tips that are on this plant is comical considering the size of the tent hahaha. Lets just hope she'll stretch up and not out.
Normal Cement Shoes wk8.jpg

Cement Shoes #2 aka the Sawtooth Pheno. I've noticed that this plant doesn't want to bush unless you make her. LST was crucial to get this plant to be even this spread open. I think she'll be a stretcher come flower.
Sawtooth wk8.jpg

DoloDankness

Long time with no update... I wasn't over at the garden last week so I didn't have a chance to take photos. When I was over there this week, I was in a rush and completely forgot to snap some photos. I will have pictures soon. Otherwise I can just tell you guys what's been going on. So on Sept. 13th we changed the light cycle to 12/12 so the plants have been in flower for 11 days at this point. They look amazing, everything is stretching for the sky and nothing is deficient or has any issues. The only kind of issue we ran into was in the past week since we turned the light intensity up along with the plants needing more water, the RH went up significantly. So our solution was to invest in a decent dehumidifier for outside of the tent. Now our environment is back in check and my only worry is the light on the damn dehumidifier lol. It's an easy fix but important to ensure no light will get to see the plants at night. The girls are absolutely loving the Flora Flex solution, and at this point we are going full strength and they still seem to love it. I understand Flora Flex isn't everyone's go to nutrients, but is simple and it works well from my experience. Is there better ways to grow organically? Absolutely, this is just the easiest and most simple way to get back into horticulture in general for me. Caring about the health of the plants is one thing but also having to care about the health of the soil when I can't be at the spot everyday is nearly impossible for me. I want to get involved in building my own living soil in the future, and becoming more organic because I believe that is the best way to grow this or any plant. If you're going to take the plant out of its natural environment you need to try and recreate that environment as best you can to achieve the results you want. Alright enough with my rant, hope everyone's been doing well. Have a good weekend everybody!!