What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Finally back at it, with a better setup. Exotic Genetics and Cult Classics Seeds Run.

DoloDankness

I finally managed to find another spot to put up another couple tents. Me and a buddy got a 3x3 and my older small tent for veg. Got a 3000 Watt spider farmer LED. We germinated July 11, so they are only seedlings at the moment. I don't have any pictures at the moment either but will soon in the future. Our environment is prime, 74 degrees average and sitting at an average 60% humidity. The seeds we started were 2 Cement Shoes (fem) from Cult Classic Seeds, a Night Moves (fem), and a "Flo-See" a mixed freebie fem pack from Exotic from his latest line. We started out with 24 hours of light because we were only planning on using my 18in x 2ft x 3ft tall tent to do everything in and do a micro grow. Things happened and we ended up buying a whole new tent to run 4 in. Now since they have been moved into the 3x3 they have been on 18/6. We plan to do the first topping next week sometime, depending on how vigorous the plants growth are. I don't want to stunt anything, but I wanna make sure they are bushes so they can fit into this 3x3 and still give a nice yield. For substrate we are using Happy Frog from Fox Farm because that is what I'm familiar with. To amend the soil after a little I have the full line of Flora Flex. I am going to introduce the nutrients at a smaller ratio recommended by Flora Flex since the soil is already pre amended in the mix. We also have the Bluelab pH pen and EC meter to make sure we know what's what with the water, I've had too many terrible experiences with cheap pH pens. Anyone is welcome to come and hang out, give advice, ask questions, etc. :)
:smoweed::smoke out:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
my man doh! good to see you back man
sounds like you have a decent set up going, you get a new place man?
ive never hear of these strains but i bet they are dank
/what do you know about them?
go easy on the amendments at first and im sure you will have a great grow my man
glad to see you back brother and ant wait to hear about all the trouble you have been up to since you been gone my friend

DoloDankness

my man doh! good to see you back man
sounds like you have a decent set up going, you get a new place man?
ive never hear of these strains but i bet they are dank
/what do you know about them?
go easy on the amendments at first and im sure you will have a great grow my man
glad to see you back brother and ant wait to hear about all the trouble you have been up to since you been gone my friend
So good to see you pop!! Yeah a lot has changed since I've been gone, the little operation I have going isn't even at my current living space. Which is nice for a change lol. I'm still able to monitor everything daily. For the strains, the Night Moves is a hybrid of Midnight Runtz x Scotty 2 Hotty, basically a whole lot of cookies. The names aren't my favorite but I didn't breed 'em lol. The Flo-see is a freebie that came with the Night Moves which is just a random selection of beans from the Scotty 2 Hotty lineup. The Cement Shoes is 09 Animal Cookies x OGKB x Wet Dream. I have 2 phenos in the tent right now and the one I'm naming the Sawtooth pheno because of the leaf variegations. I've never really seen anything like it before. We just fed for the first time yesterday and they responded great so far, we topped the Flo-see as well. It was planted directly into the peat moss seed starting pod and it has outgrown everything in the garden exponentially. The rest of them will be topped by the end of next week at the latest as they are catching up.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
that sounds rad man! im glad you have some nice plants
its always fun to see what you get
did you just top them or did you take cuts?
/what are your plans with these guys
so a place where you an grow but not your own spot is cool as long as the other person is on point
that sounds good you can monitor them every day and spend time with your grow
everyone loves the cookies i guess and i hope this is some dank weed you grown brother!

DoloDankness

that sounds rad man! im glad you have some nice plants
its always fun to see what you get
did you just top them or did you take cuts?
/what are your plans with these guys
so a place where you an grow but not your own spot is cool as long as the other person is on point
that sounds good you can monitor them every day and spend time with your grow
everyone loves the cookies i guess and i hope this is some dank weed you grown brother!
We just topped for now, we have another smaller tent to use for veg for next round. It's actually the tent that I had used to flower in the last time I grew. This is their first grow, but I'm able to control everything still. Even down to how much they are getting watered a day. I got to see them again yesterday and they look amazing. The Flo-see has responded great to the topping and the rest will definitely be getting topped by the end of this week. All the plants also responded great to their first feeding of the Flora Flex. We don't plan on cloning anything this run because I would like to pop 6 more seeds once these current plants get flipped into flower. I plan on running Masonic Genetics next run, not sure which strain yet as I have over 15 different ones to choose from... Masonic Genetics are not feminized which is the reason I'll be popping half a pack, just to prepare for a couple males to show. I'm gonna be heading over to the spot tonight so I will definitely take some pictures of everything to throw up here. Thanks for stopping in brother!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
thats rad doh and it sounds like you have a decent set up going in the new spot
if i remember correctly you had troubles in your last location
i hope this new spot is better
when you say this is their first grow, you mean your partners in crime where you grow?
hopefully they dont mess with too much stuff and let you do your thing
two tents are great and i hope you get everything dialed in and growing smoothly
holy crap man, 15 types of beans to choose from, this could get good
best of luck to you and keep kicking ass brother

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
how do you like the cmh
is this your fist time growing under that light

DoloDankness

thats rad doh and it sounds like you have a decent set up going in the new spot
if i remember correctly you had troubles in your last location
i hope this new spot is better
when you say this is their first grow, you mean your partners in crime where you grow?
hopefully they dont mess with too much stuff and let you do your thing
two tents are great and i hope you get everything dialed in and growing smoothly
holy crap man, 15 types of beans to choose from, this could get good
best of luck to you and keep kicking ass brother
Thank you brother!! I was at the spot yesterday and the plants look incredible!! I'm gonna post some pictures up here after this post. Yes, this is their first grow but they understand that I have experience before so they are allowing me to make all the calls. I'm breaking every little thing down to him and honestly it's good to go through all of the super simple basic shit so that we know we are dialed in that department. The plants seemed to have taken extremely well to the Flora Flex nutrients. We decided to cut their recommendation in half and its working perfectly. The Flo-see responded great to the topping, the lowers are starting to catch up and the two new tops are just barely showing. Also when I was over yesterday I noticed the Sawtooth pheno is extremely lanky and isn't really growing lowers so we decided to top her. I read or heard somewhere that when feminizing beans, all the seeds will be female, but some of the plants will express male traits. Such as the lankiness in the plant I'm referring to. So I believe she was supposed to be male but because of the feminization process it created a female with male traits. I could be completely wrong, but its some food for thought. And to answer your other comment pop, yes I struggled very much at my last spot. The environment I was in was very subpar to what it should have been, plus I didn't spend the money on a good nutrient line until I ended up having to pack it up. This environment I'm working with now is the best I've had so far. I've been doing this off and on since I was 16 and I'm 22 now, not saying I know more than anybody, but I do have some experience. I've had 8x4 and 5x5 tents in the past and they both aren't as good setups as the one I have now with this 3x3. I'm very excited to see what is about to come out of here, I wanna show my buddy that you won't ever smoke anything better than your own haha.
sounds good.
check out my box - it's 3x3 under 315w CMH
with nutes less is more IMO
Will do! And yessir you got that right..

DoloDankness

Here's an overhead shot of everyone.. Front Left: Flo-see. Front Right: Night Moves. Back Left: Cement Shoes (normal pheno). Back Right: Cement Shoes (Sawtooth pheno)
Garden Shot.jpg

This is the Flo-see, as you can see we topped her and she seems to have a care in the world!
Flo-See.jpg

This is the Night Moves, was stunted at first but now has vigorous green growth.
Night Moves.jpg

This is the Cement Shoes (Sawtooth pheno), you can see why I named her that. First time I've seen the second set of leaves to be also single bladed as well. You can see the other set in the other pictures.
Cement Shoes (Sawtooth).jpg

This is the normal pheno of the Cement Shoes, seems to be doing fine, nothing crazy, but nothing to complain about.
Cement Shoes (Normal).jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
looks great doh! what size are those pots man
i like the strain you call flo-see, i always like stacked leafs like that and she looks pretty robust
sometimes the runts are the best ones, i like that one too
how long are you going to veg for
going half strength on your nutes is a good place to start; i would also alternate watering, one feed and the next clear water unless you see some deficiencies
looks like a fun line up you have going there and i cant wait to see how they grow
went for a hike with the mrs and then out for fancy sandwiches this weekend
the sandwiches were good but nothing too special
the mrs just likes the place because they have a good veggie sandwich

kick ass this week man

Last edited:

DoloDankness

looks great doh! what size are those pots man
i like the strain you call flo-see, i always like stacked leafs like that and she looks pretty robust
sometimes the runts are the best ones, i like that one too
how long are you going to veg for
going half strength on your nutes is a good place to start; i would also alternate watering, one feed and the next clear water unless you see some deficiencies
looks like a fun line up you have going there and i cant wait to see how they grow
went for a hike with the mrs and then out for fancy sandwiches this weekend
the sandwiches were good but nothing too special
the mrs just likes the place because they have a good veggie sandwich

kick ass this week man
Thank you pop! Been really happy with how everything has been looking, and yes the Flo-see has the best structure so far. The lowers were growing close to the top before we were even able to top it. She will probably be the biggest plant in the garden. We are using 2 gallon fabric pots right now and are going to transplant into 5 gallons for flower. 30 days of veg will be on 8/10 and from the size they're at now I'm thinking another 4 weeks of veg before flip. That's good to hear you and the mrs are doing well!! This weekend I went over to the spot and had a few drinks with my buddies, had a good time but a rough morning lol. I moved in with my grandparents this past winter and we did a vegetable garden this year, 2 big boy tomatoes, 1 cherry tomato, some peppers, and we tried cabbage but the bunnies got to it and broccoli but for some reason it seemed to all turn into pollen pods??? Didn't really know what happened there but everything else looks and tastes great! Hope you have a good week as well pop!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
thats rad that you put in a vegetable garden man! enjoy every minute with your grandparents
its nice to have fresh produce you can just go out and pick plus you will learn a lot about growing from this garden (you are in the ne, correct?)
i like the big boy tomatoes, those and the beef steak are good big fat matters'
are the rabbits pets or pests?!? we used to raise rabbits (or my sister did) when we were kids
bury your chicken wire a few inches deep with an outward curve under the ground to discourage them from getting at your stash
peppers are good too and a few pepper plants will keep you eating good all summer
sounds like you are doing good and keep us all updated on how things are growing

DoloDankness

Went over to the spot on Friday and the girls are looking great. 8/10 is 30 days in veg so far. I'm very happy with the size of the plants considering the first two weeks we had them in 24 hours of light because we were working with much less space than we have now. I got some pictures of everything that I will post. I realized when I was over there my dumbass totally forgot that Flora Flex didn't make their own Cal-Mag supplement when I bought the line, and it's not featured in any of the nutes so you have to add your own. Luckily I had bought a bottle of Cal-Mag from Botanicare, I just had totally forgot about it. I think that might what might be going on the with the Night Moves. It doesn't really look like a nutrient burn, which I've seen plenty of times lol. You guys can decide in the pictures. I'd like to go for another 4 weeks in veg and really get some nice sized plants to flower out. I'm not too worried about height, I'm more worried about width. As you saw before that Sawtooth pheno of the Cement Shoes is like a popsicle stick lol. We had already topped it once which finally started to promote the bottom growth, but still not enough for my liking. So I topped it again lol. It seemed to have taken well to the first topping, and bounced back rather quickly so it should be alright. I'd like to tie her down to the side of the pot and do some LST but the stem is so damn thick already if I try and bend it to the side of the pot it will snap. None of the plants really have a crazy stem rub which is surprising to me considering almost every other strain I've every grown had SOME kind of scent in veg. The most scent I get is when I open the tent and get hit with a wave of skunk for half a second lol. That being said these plants are looking great regardless. Forgot to mention I did a small defoliation of the large fan leaves for the lowers to get some more light. Hope everyone's weekend is going well!!!

DoloDankness

Overhead Shot of the ladies, Day 32 of veg
Overhead Shot.jpg

This is the regular pheno of the Cement Shoes, nothing to complain about besides those purple stems on the leaf. I think the Cal-Mag may fix the problem lol, or it could be genetic as well. She also seemed to take the topping the hardest, this was topped 2 days ago and you can see she is stunted on the top trying to get herself back to normal. All in due time haha. Also to note, I didn't top this particular plant myself, and it almost looks like my buddy may have taken the new two growth tips off when he topped it.
Cement Shoes (Normal) 1.jpg

The Flo-See looked too good I had to post it twice, she has absolutely blown the fuck up. I was just going back over the last pictures I posted and realized how much she grew lol. They seem to like the Flora Flex!
Flo-See 1.1.jpg

Over the top shot of the Flo-See
Flo-See 1.jpg

This is the Night Moves in the front. You can see the leaves becoming a little rusty. I think it could be a Calcium deficiency after doing a quick Google search.
Night Moves 1.jpg

Here is the oddball, the Cement Shoes Sawtooth Pheno. You can see this is pre 2nd topping. The first topping seemed to start to promote the lower growth, but not enough for me. So I topped her again.
Cement Shoes (Sawtooth) 1.1.jpg

DoloDankness

I was at the grow a couple days ago and everything is still looking great. The plants have responded nicely to adding the cal mag to the water. We started low stress training by tying the branches to the edges of the pot. Whichever branches couldn't be held down with some wire got pinched and bent. Did a little defoliation here and there as well where it was needed. The only plant that seemed to show a little more stress than the other was the normal pheno of the cement shoes. She's got a decently purple stem, but I'm sure once the cal mag gets worked into the soil we will see those disappear. One thing to note that I noticed, the leaves on both of the cement shoes are gritty like sandpaper and the other two plants have a silky texture. Not sure if that means anything or if that's just genetic. I'm sure I will be over there this weekend so I will have pictures up after that. Hope everyone's week is going well.

Mattbho

May want to back off the light some. 3000w is a lot . 2 look really compact imo . it may help

I'm gonna hang out on the bucket and zip my lips..

Big fan of 1x foliar cal/mag night b4 flip

DoloDankness

May want to back off the light some. 3000w is a lot . 2 look really compact imo . it may help

I'm gonna hang out on the bucket and zip my lips..

Big fan of 1x foliar cal/mag night b4 flip
Yeah it's dimmable we have it set at 50% right now.

DoloDankness

Alright here are some more pictures as promised... Everything's doing nice for my standards. The Cal-Mag issue seems to be getting better the more we feed it to them. The plants don't seem to mind the half dose of nutrients so we are going to try and bump it up to 3/4 dose. If they respond nicely we will continue from there, if not then we will revert back to half dosing. We picked up these new LST clips that I've never used before, they seem to work well for the tops that can't really make it to the side of the plant when you wanna tie 'em down. I'm pretty happy with how vigorous the plants growth have been week to week. I'm planning on doing a few more weeks of veg and then flipping to flower once this new growth I am exposing is up with the rest of the tops. Gonna do a scrog for a week before flower to get them webbed through and try and get even a few more tops out of the plants. Hope everyone's weekend is going well!
Overhead Shot Wk 5.jpg

The Flo-See is still the biggest plant in the garden, seems like anything I do to her she doesn't give a fuck and keeps chugging.
Flo-See 2.jpg

This the normal pheno of the Cement Shoes, and yes she looks weird cause whoever topped it took a little too much off lol. Oh well, it'll hurt the yield for sure, but it will still have some good smoke on it. Hopefully we can get some new tops in the scrog.
Cement Shoes (Normal) 2.jpg

This is the Night Moves, she has absolutely exploded over this past week. Really has bushed out and created some branches for me to pull apart and open up.
Night Moves 2.jpg

This is the Sawtooth Pheno of the Cement Shoes. You can see it has a very slight tip curling going on, but other than that she is happy as can be. I hope the Cal-Mag additive will be able to straighten the leaves out. Another thing I noticed with this plant is that it has very gritty leaves, almost like sandpaper. The other Cement Shoes pheno has this trait as well, but not nearly as much as this pheno. It also gives you goosebumps when you rub your thumb across it haha. I've read things that have said that it could happen when the plant is too dry, and well that just isn't the case here. We water as needed and we aren't letting the soil even get that dry at all. I'm going to chalk it up as genetics if anyone else doesn't have an idea.
Cement Shoes (Sawtooth) 2.jpg