What's new

FertilPots

ice minus

Has ICMAG ever tried a FertilPot?

Screenshot_20240929-002403.png

Fertilpots are wood fiber biodegradable pots composed primarily of Spruce (Picea Abies) fibers, and are manufactured without the use of glues or binders. Fertilpot is OMRI listed and USDA Bio preferred.

Fertilpots are truly biodegradable and are intended to be planted directly in the ground or the next larger container. Unlike rice-hull pots, or starch-based polymers, and ‘biodegradable’ plastics Fertilpots do not require a composting situation to degrade.

No other container; biodegradable, compostable or plastic, can allow a more natural development of the plants’ root structure.

Because water, air, and roots will penetrate the walls of the Fertilpot so easily, there is no need for drainage holes. The natural root structure that develops helps to ensure a successful transplant.

They're on promotion for 15 cents a piece, so I grabbed a stack of 10 for $1.50 to give them a try

Will be looking to start a Drago x Cherry Queen, just watered it

PXL_20240929_010006123.jpg

Think it's worth loading up on some more at such a cheap price?

Any experience with them?

I'm all ears!

Last edited:

ice minus

Ah, okay, I was under the impression these were a different material or patented formula of some kind

I have no idea why they'd bring them to compete with established brand like Jiffy then, strange