What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Feeding sativas with Canna Bio line

Tranquilidade

I'm working on mastering the growth of sativa plants using the Canna Bio line. While I can finish my plants, I notice some yellowing when I switch from Bio Vega to Bio Flores. I use rainwater and supplement with Biobizz Organic Calmag at 0.2–0.3 EC with every watering during flowering. My total EC during flowering is around 1.2.

I'm curious about how and when you transition nutrients if your plant has a 12-week flowering period.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm working on mastering the growth of sativa plants using the Canna Bio line. While I can finish my plants, I notice some yellowing when I switch from Bio Vega to Bio Flores. I use rainwater and supplement with Biobizz Organic Calmag at 0.2–0.3 EC with every watering during flowering. My total EC during flowering is around 1.2.

I'm curious about how and when you transition nutrients if your plant has a 12-week flowering period.
I assume you are fertilizing one day and then watering a few days before feeding again. If you run a low dose and feed with every watering you can maintain a steady growth.

Tranquilidade

I assume you are fertilizing one day and then watering a few days before feeding again. If you run a low dose and feed with every watering you can maintain a steady growth.
My pots are 1 gallon from seed to harvest, so I must feed them every watering in flower. Some say they keep Bio vega almost till mid flowering, so my question is do they use only bio vega till mid flower, or 50%/50% of bio vega/bio flores or any other ratio.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
My pots are 1 gallon from seed to harvest, so I must feed them every watering in flower. Some say they keep Bio vega almost till mid flowering, so my question is do they use only bio vega till mid flower, or 50%/50% of bio vega/bio flores or any other ratio.
I would switch when you flip because you are using an organic fertilizer that's slow. Nitrogen is a flowering hindrance when it's given in excess and can will slow the flowering hormones florigen or florets way down. There is a downtime between veg time and flowering time when a plant changes stages. If the nitrogen is kept high longer then the flowering hormone will slow way down.

Vegetation hormones refer to the group of plant hormones that regulate general plant growth and development, including stem elongation, leaf growth, and root development., while flowering hormones specifically control the transition of plants from vegetative growth to flowers with the primary flowering hormone being known as "florigen".

Key points about the difference:
Function:
Vegetation hormones manage overall plant growth, while flowering hormones trigger the initiation of flower development.

Examples:
Common vegetation hormones include auxins, gibberellins, cytokinins, and abscisic acid, whereas florigen is the primary flowering hormone.

Regulation:
The balance of different plant hormones determines when a plant transitions from vegetative growth to flowering. Google

Give your plants some nitrogen downtime between the two stages instead of excess. High nitrogen during flowering promotes diseases like mold or blight. Good luck friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts