What's new

fce 4800 and fc4800 side by side...or...unclefishstick's 9600 problems

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
calling this the week one update...technically it's been 10 days of 12/12,but wednesday was where i had a slot on the wall calendar to keep track of the grow...

plants are filling in nicely,been doing plenty of tucking and weaving to get the screen as full as possible,just need to get in and do some under the canopy management and get rid of any branches that aren't going to make it to the screen...and one more chance to spray for bugs before budset starts in earnest...

DSC08484.JPG
DSC08485.JPG
DSC08486.JPG

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
should be a colorful grow,the tropicana cherry usually has reddish-purple buds and the gg4 a pale green

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looking great, brother! Dunno how I missed the start but I am here now and I'll follow! :lurk:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Are you manually controlling the lights, or on a timer?

With the soil mix I was using I had to add a lot of cal-mag in early veg. Does your medium require the cal-mag, and is the new light changing that requirement? I suspect the light as a factor because when I took the plants outside under the sun for a while the "deficiencies" went away.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you manually controlling the lights, or on a timer?

With the soil mix I was using I had to add a lot of cal-mag in early veg. Does your medium require the cal-mag, and is the new light changing that requirement? I suspect the light as a factor because when I took the plants outside under the sun for a while the "deficiencies" went away.

lights are running on 220v from a lighting controller box,a timer triggers the contractor switch that powers the controller...

it's sterile medium,so yes i use cal/mag and epsom salts

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
two weeks in now,so far so good...room conditions have been good in spite of a recent hot spell...plants are getting the regular nute program along with the additives at this point,need to get in and strip some stuff below the canopy,otherwise down to the waiting part...

IMG_20210608_183216636.jpg
IMG_20210608_183222306.jpg
IMG_20210608_183227422.jpg
IMG_20210608_183234905 (1).jpg

TheDarkStorm

Mars generously sent me a new fce4800 to try out,(thanks joy!) so on with the show!

for this thread i will be running the fce4800 side by side with the fc4800. what's the difference you ask?

the main differences are the fce4800 is built to have adjustable bars and the leds are laid out in a different pattern to even out the spread of light.the other features are more of less the same as far as wattage,coverage area,and spectrum.

more information on the lights specifics are of course available on the mars website...

the grow will be in my home built led room,the grow area is 4x8,two 6 inch fans with 6x24 filters for exhaust,one 6 inch fan for intake hooked into the house cooling ducts.

plants are in #5 nursery pots
ProMix HP for medium
General Organics veganic line for nutes with/
Roots Organics HP
Roots Organics HPK
silica
Garden of the Gods olympus up for pH

plus every 4 waterings they will get a tea of roots organics terp tea,molasses,orca,fish sh!t bubbled for 48 hours

Hello uncle fishsticks, just to clarify...does the E model have extra deep red diodes towards the centre that the other model dont have..or is that just due to the pictures. The E model does seem to be a more cleverly thought out fixture....should be a interesting grow to see. Thanks man.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello uncle fishsticks, just to clarify...does the E model have extra deep red diodes towards the centre that the other model dont have..or is that just due to the pictures. The E model does seem to be a more cleverly thought out fixture....should be a interesting grow to see. Thanks man.

don't know actually,that info will be on the website,just click on the banner ad at the bottom of the page

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
FCE models use more LED chips compared to the same power FC models.
Few suppliers are willing to show the chip quantity info because they use less chips to lower the light cost. But their light price is much higher than us. :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
21 days in now,moving right along...starting to see some difference between the sides,the fce side seems a bit larger in bud size at the edges...

IMG_20210616_182359029.jpg
IMG_20210616_182402544.jpg
IMG_20210616_182409181.jpg
IMG_20210616_182413264.jpg