What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

FBI can't find Cyber Experts, cause they all smoke pot!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old article but still valid.

The FBI, like a shit load of other useless alphabet gov orgs, needs to be abolished.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Old article but still valid.

The FBI, like a shit load of other useless alphabet gov orgs, needs to be abolished.

i would not abolish them, they are necessary for investigating interstate crime (honest, it exists) bank robberies, kidnappings etc. but they DO need to be put on a short, tight leash regarding spying on the general population...as does every OTHER police/intelligence agency out there, both real & imaginary. oddly, the military has a similar problem finding fluent speakers of Farsi & other Arabic dialects- they tend to be nearly exclusively homosexual for some reason...:biggrin:

SourDank

Veteran
Lol that's funny how the FBI director put it though, "these kids just want to smoke weed on there way to the interview" HAHAHA that shit had me rolling

SourDank

Veteran
Lol right man, that's too funny. It's 2016, our lovely govt needs to get with the times. EVERYONE SMOKES WEED.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I thought this was kind of interesting too.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
"Regardless of the federal government’s stance, the FBI will apparently consider the issue, and is encouraging anyone who has recently got stoned to apply for a job."<o:p></o:p>

How the hell are they going to know if you haven’t smoked in 3 years, 10 years, or 6 months? Is someone going to tell in the first place (let alone apply)? I’m sure they would run a background check to check priors but...
<o:p></o:p>
I can see it now, a new branch of the FBI, another acronymic agency... SHIT... Stoned Hackers Intelligence Team.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
<!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /--><o:p></o:p>
"Regardless of the federal government’s stance, the FBI will apparently consider the issue, and is encouraging anyone who has recently got stoned to apply for a job."<o:p></o:p>

How the hell are they going to know if you haven’t smoked in 3 years, 10 years, or 6 months? Is someone going to tell in the first place (let alone apply)? I’m sure they would run a background check to check priors but...
I can see it now, a new branch of the FBI, another acronymic agency... SHIT... Stoned Hackers Intelligence Team.

You would be surprised what they can find out and who they talk to when running high level background checks.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Not sure how far back they can see but...
Hair follicle testing is big...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"You cannot vote on any more threads today"
Thats a first for me.

i would not abolish them, they are necessary for investigating interstate crime (honest, it exists) bank robberies, kidnappings etc. but they DO need to be put on a short, tight leash regarding spying on the general population...as does every OTHER police/intelligence agency out there, both real & imaginary. oddly, the military has a similar problem finding fluent speakers of Farsi & other Arabic dialects- they tend to be nearly exclusively homosexual for some reason...:biggrin:

Maybe not all abolish but definitely cleand out &, as you say, put on a tight leash.
There are quite a few, however that could be outright abolished, imo.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
open apology to MJPassion... i just tried to give you positive rep for your post. when i finished typing my message, it said "thank you for deducting reputation from this user". well, FUCK! that was NOT what i was trying to do, as my typed message will show. my apologies yet once again, sir.