What's new

End of MMJ in Washington State

Permacultuure

Veteran
I have heard about and now have read letters from the city of Seattle threatening any MMJ producers, processors and access points.
They are saying that any business involved in "Major marijuana activity" must stop or apply for a permit that doesn't exist. Major marijuana activity is defined by more than 45 plants or more than 72 ounces.

You potentially have a termination date of January 2015 unless you have been operating under a business license, then you have until July 2015. I've also heard they started to audit people and the DOR has been sending threatening letters.

Is this what Oregonians have to look forward too?

Can any of our northern brothers shed some insight on this mess?

Z

z-ro

So what, people with real life medical need are just supposed to pay tooth and nail for subpar recreational products?

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Luckily colorados medical seems to still be intact and has been active longer than washingtons recreational. Oregon so far seems to be taking notes from co and WA. Washington doesn't allow home grows, they want all the paper, Colorado allows home grows, oregons rec laws allows home grows also.

I heard that the olcc approached a commercial grower my buddy knows to be the head of the recreational branch. I think he denied but it would be cool if a grower got the job.

A6 Grower

Veteran
I don't understand how people in WA are growing more then 45 anyway. That's all you can grow at a collective garden. So ya those people who go letters are people breaking the law. Im not worried for me or my store, just a humble quality small store. So far they just keep making treats but no laws have been passed or anything, for the meantime MMJ in WA is growing more and more everyday. At least for the next year. WA has a huge MMJ community and fought very hard last time they tried to mess with our laws and they ended up trashing their proposals because of all the commotion

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
not going to happen.... already proven that the REC side cant produce or provide enough product to meet the recreational needs..... now imagine making all the medical patients lump into one category that cant provide enough medicine....w/ the recreational folks....

as is U think the recreational folks are going to stand in lines w/ sick debilitated folks for pot.... or vice versa.... never going to happen

there separate and should stay that way..... BUT.... WA will enforce new directions, and policies for the MMJ... trying to streamline sum controls.....