What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Electrical tingle felt from plants. Not hydro!

gmanwho

Veteran
So ive been growing on an off since i was 15 an that was 22 years ago. in my eyes i've Been growing pretty hard the last 6 years, an really full time in the last year. but i never experienced this before....

yesterday i reached over to do some lower level pruning on a few ladies an i got a small electrical tingle into my skin, above my wrist an on the my sensitive skin on my forearm.

really awesome i thought, an it stopped me in my tracks. was i bugging out????

so i let go an then slowly reached out an touched the main stalk area again where i had just pruned an unwanted node. I then lowered my baskside forearm into the same fan leaves on the branch. the "points" of the fan leaf kinda pricked my skin some an then i felt the " current " again. It was as if i was making a "connection" from the stalk to the branch.

an some basic info to clear up. i have a reclaimed rubber roof on my grow room floor. they weren't watered for a few days an i was not in any wet areas. soil is an organic " michigan made mix". To the best of my novice electrical knowledge , there as no explanation of pumps or electrical polarity issues that could cause that " leakage".

really interesting i thought. anyone have any other similar exerpiences?? or insight? prob has to do with some type of breakdown in the soil but im curious.....

bsafe

vostok

Veteran
I guess she really didn't like you clipping her leafs

...chill dude its the biz where in!

ps
gurgle that Carpel Tunnel Syndrome ..!

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
I have neck issues and get a similar feeling when I reach out or over my head, I hope the is not the case with you!
shag

I then lowered my baskside forearm into the same fan leaves on the branch. the "points" of the fan leaf kinda pricked my skin some an then i felt the " current " again. It was as if i was making a "connection" from the stalk to the branch.

You were in more than just an electrical way (the current is voltage).
We are exchanging mRNA's :huggg:

gmanwho

Veteran
got carpel tunnel in both hands an thoracic outlet syndrome in my left neck shoulder into arm. this sensation was not related, an 2ndly the sensation was on the skin an pin pointed where the fan leaf points touched my skin.

i get numbing sensations in my arms etc working high, rotator cuff clicking etc...................... this was not realated, ive been shocked or slightly shocked many times.

this was def current related... a real low level current flow. it didn't shock then stop like a static discharge. It lasted for how long i touched the leaf, which was like 15 seconds the 2nd time, then i moved on.

anyways... thought i'd share. def low level current flow...

b-safe

It is really an electric shock from the static charge.
At the points of the leaves the electrical field is stronger.
It must have happened shortly after the lights switched on.