What's new

Ducksfoot/web hunt

midwestkid

Veteran
i imagine you will have more luck the longer you stick around here? youve been here since june and only asking asking asking...

sublingual

Aloha !

Feeling inspired, so I decided to see if hunting for these here would be successful. Its something we had at one point & I would love to try to keep it again.

Many mahalos
Hey Paradox, Welcome to the forum. The duckfoot I grew on Hawaii came from California. This was a haoli dude who brought his seeds with him. I do know of other duckfoot that had been floating around Hawaii for some time. The locals called it "Elephant" because the leaves looked like a trunk and two ears.
There are (or were) some really special plants I came across in that line, but not all duckfoot were equal.

i imagine you will have more luck the longer you stick around here? youve been here since june and only asking asking asking...
So what if I've recently joined? How many years do you imagine I've been growing flora ...?

Perhaps I'm trying to source seeds that are seemingly just as impossible to find here, in Hawai'i where it was a common staple before "better" genetics filtered it out

Hey Paradox, Welcome to the forum. The duckfoot I grew on Hawaii came from California. This was a haoli dude who brought his seeds with him. I do know of other duckfoot that had been floating around Hawaii for some time. The locals called it "Elephant" because the leaves looked like a trunk and two ears.
There are (or were) some really special plants I came across in that line, but not all duckfoot were equal.
Aloha. The true Webb comes from an Australian landrace. We had two variations here, the one I'm looking for with real, round Webb leave. The latter pulled more sative, straight leaves that did not fold & often pink hairs.

The elephant you speak of is actually an old GDP variant that had 8 finger leaves. Hence the elephant

sublingual

Aloha. The true Webb comes from an Australian landrace. We had two variations here, the one I'm looking for with real, round Webb leave. The latter pulled more sative, straight leaves that did not fold & often pink hairs.

The elephant you speak of is actually an old GDP variant that had 8 finger leaves. Hence the elephant
Aloha, with all due respect, sure there are many stories and versions, and, does anyone really know which ones are true and which ones made up or conjectured? I tend to believe my version for my reasons, I could be wrong, sure, but that is what a sizable group seems to affirm.
Never heard of 8-finger leaves, 9, yes, but not 8-fingered. I believe (IIRC) 11 fingered leaves.