What's new

dream car

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh this is a hard one.nay impossible.fuck.i mean it's hard to pick one.a Dodge Daytona 500 is awesome..so is a GTO.then you got Lamborghini and Ferrari.fuck I gotta stop.i love cars

dlxtpnuo

Like me, you guys love your petrol and diesel cars. But I am sorry to reveal that the UK government plans to tax your beloved gas guzzlers off the road in just 7 years time!

The UK's Ban on new petrol and diesel cars starts in just 7 & 1/2 years, from 2030.

For those who missed the UK government's green vehicles legislation, heres a newsreel video to illustrate this better:

We think the UK public will remonstrate with knee-jerk reaction'; and demand higher emissions standards for vehicle inspections (MOT's), very old vehicles will be MOT'd off the roads immediately, while all industry will be demanded to stop using oil-fuels and oil-based-products; which will ground aircraft, and stop shipping, rail and HGV/PSV large vehicles from operating!​

In short the UK could stop operating!​

The UK has already legislated a virtual overnight ban on petrol & diesel fuelled cars from 2030, when it will be illegal to sell new petrol and diesel cars!

ONLY NEW ELECTRIC CARS TYPICALLY COSTING FROM £28,000 WILL BE AVAILABLE.

Older vehicles look set to be taxed off the roads by emmissions legislation. In short, everyone will be expected to migrate to electric vehicles, as well as any other green alternatives like hydrogen vehicles.

The ban on new petrol and diesel car sales had initially been planned for 2040 but has been brought forward under Boris Johnson's 10-point plan to tackle climate change.

However, the RAC has warned that charging infrastructure will need to be expanded at an 'incredible pace' and prices will have to come down to make electric vehicles a realistic choice for many drivers.

The ban on new petrol and diesel cars has been moved forward to 2030. With only seven years to go, are we really ready to switch to electric vehicles? Let’s take a look.

To avoid the most serious effects of climate change, carbon emissions will have to drop to net zero by 2050. The government has signed a legally-binding contract to reach this target. To reach the goal, the government will have to cut emissions from cars and transport in general.

The ban will only apply to new cars and there are no plans as yet to ban the sale of petrol, although the price of petrol and deisel is likely to go up as an incentive to use greener vehicles. A ban on hybrid petrol and diesel cars will come shortly after 2030, perhaps by 2035 is a guide.

With a ban on new petrol and diesel cars the political landscape will place more emphasis on the remaining old petrol and diesel cars. This means vehicle inspections are likely to MOT old and dirty engines off the road. This is where old cars and industrial HGV & PSV vehicles have been lifelines for commuting workers for decades. These will simply not be allowed to be used!

Focus will also be placed on other forms of dirty engines that use fossil fuels. Heavy goods vehicles, heavy passenger vehicles, trains, aircraft and even shipping will also be under huge pressure to use much cleaner engines. That is if they survive pressure from the public and the ballot box.

The clock is ticking towards 2030, and the UK has less and less time to confront this huge issue. The UK is about to undergo immense social changes. It is thought that the emphasis for the production of food will be sourced more locally, and of course from more environmentally friendly methods of farming. People may well not have the freedoms petrol and diesel cars yield, but may be limited much more humble uses of greener transport. This could lead to a much more localized community compared with the commuting workforce today. This is going to happen almost overnight, where the UK has a very minimal green transport infrastructure. Farming could be forced to use electric tractors, and this is taking farming back 100 years to the dawn of steam tractors in agriculture.

Will the UK continue on its path to becoming a net zero, or will the UK renege on its green energy commitment? This is an extremely important question, when the UK is thought to be heading towards less prosperous times. With a UK national debt over £2Trillion, will the UK in reality really be able to ban petrol and diesel?

Political pressure from disgruntled motorists will demand that heavy goods vehicles, heavy passenger vehicles, trains, aircraft and even shipping also be banned from using fossil fuels. And how will the UK's electricity network stand up to the increased demand? How will low income families heat their homes without gas and heating fossil-fuel oil? These are questions that pose a clear and present danger to all UK citizens.

Why are electric car prices and their finance so important?

UK motorists have become extremely reliant on cars for everyday living. For many people, and you could say the majority, the motor car provides essential everyday access to things like work. Cars have become essential for vital day to day necessities, like getting the kids to school, shopping for food, hospital visits, providing care for the elderly, and many other vital tasks which are too many to list. Much of car use is also attributed to the goverments design of out of town amenities and work. For example, the NHS has centralised hospital care to newly built hospitals often on the outskirts of large towns (where services have been cut, and services have been taken away from small towns). Many supermarkets and retail parks are all but inaccessable without cars.

The UK has already passed laws in Parliament to stop manufacturers making and selling petrol and diesel cars by 2030. By 2035 UK laws are thought to ban existing petrol and diesel engine cars from the roads. This means hybrid cars will also be forced off the roads by 2035, when UK motorists will be forced to go completely electric from 2035.

Why the UK government allowed the construction of out of town amenities, in virtually the same time frame they were set to ban combustion engines from the roads will be a matter for the relevant enquiry - as the UK economy is set to tumble due to the attributed green-energy reversal of the UK's oil led economy, albeit the UK's frantic construction-economy since Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's so-called 'Popular-capitalism' greatly increased UK settlement expansion since the 1980's.

Guys, this is going to happen fast! It is not conjecture or science fiction. The legislation begins 2030. We already know how tricky it can be to obtain a viable second hand vehicle, where low income families have low budgets for their transport needs. Obtaing very old vehicles is nearly always fraught with difficulties. Let's fast forward to 2030. Low income workers will be forced to either buy a new electric car typically costing from £28,000 , or try to obtain a viable second hand car. With unprecidented numbers of people also trying to obtain the same second hand vehicles, which are not likely to meet emmissions standards anyway, the difficulties obtaining second hand very old cars will become so difficult it will be almost impossible for low income families to obtain work-transport vehicles.

Let's face it, many of us currently depend on 15 to 20 year old vehicles to get to work. This is not going to be an option in just 7 & 1/2 years.

Will you have at least £28,000 for the typical starting price of an electric vehicle in 2030? Will your current vehicle pass higher MOT emissions standards?
Sorry guys, start thinking electric cars - or go bust!

Last edited:

420PyRoS

Any political leader or celebrity's private jet.

I know it's not a car, but that shit is exempt from carbon rules, plus you can self pontificate your green bs while jet setting around the world and telling those car owners they are the problem for all of mankind's woes with zero regard for your own.

Hopefully it comes equipped with lavish meals and lots of booze paid for by others also.

My dream vehicle! 😍

*Disclaimer - if I offended a politician or celebrity, oh well ;) *

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Oh this is a hard one.nay impossible.fuck.i mean it's hard to pick one.a Dodge Daytona 500 is awesome..so is a GTO.then you got Lamborghini and Ferrari.fuck I gotta stop.i love cars
what is a dodge daytona 500??? - never heard of one... if u r referring to 1969, it was a charger 500 in the begining with a flush front grille, and the flush rear window, which they found to wanta lift at a certain speed, so it got modified into the charger daytona with the nose, flush window and the wing...

Brother Nature

What is this, a car for ants??? It needs to be at least 4 times bigger...

Right now, given the push for non-fossil fuel burning vehicles, I want a Weineck Cobra. This thing has a 12.9 litre v8 stuffed into a cobra body. One of the most beautifully wasteful vehicles ever, but imagine the exhaust note and the burnouts....

12.9-Litre-Weineck-Cobra-V8-9.jpg

Slim Pickens

Veteran
53'-55' Studebaker President or 55"Studebaker Speedster restro rod...or failing that, a 55'-57' Ford Thunderbird resto rod.

Nothing less than 600hp and fully updated.

Ca++

Lotus Elise SC

Lotus Elise SC

I'd go for a Lotus Elise SC in Krypton Green.

I'm also thinking a smaller lotus. I'm not interested in doing 200mph, or a car that can't fit in it's own lane. I like something without weight transfer lag, with low un-sprung weight. That can get through gaps, and stop on a dime. Good power:weight without needing a fuel truck nearby. Though it has one problem. It's too competent. It won't slide around at safe speeds. Even at silly speeds, it just behaves. It's still a super-car.

What I really need, is the bzr/scion/toymota. It's made for drifting, and has the trunk volume to put subs in the rear bulkhead. You can't do that with the mx5/miata. It's a bit flabby at 1250kg but the F/R layout's balanced enough. It's hardly a 'bad mans car' but I would still rather have the 5s anonymity/distaste.

Any of the 3 would tackle a twisty country road with some zest. Only one comes with tyres to make it a handful though. Actually made for fun.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I've had a 65 Coronet 500 with a 426 and a 4 speed,,several 69' Darts one was a 383 4spd car and 340 4spds had a 68' Barracuda 340 fastback and a 69 Super Bee. The Bee was my all time fave. I liked my 66' GTO as well.That one was spotless and as stock as it came from the factory. I've had so many cars I can't even remember them all. They were all fun,and some were really memorable.
View attachment 18743310
57 Corvette. Black or this Cascade Green.
I had a 58' back in 73-75. I invested way too much money in that car. One of the biggest car mistakes I ever made was selling the Super Bee and the Barracuda.

Ca++

Like me, you guys love your petrol and diesel cars. But I am sorry to reveal that the UK government plans to tax your beloved gas guzzlers off the road in just 7 years time!

The UK's Ban on new petrol and diesel cars starts in just 7 & 1/2 years, from 2030.

For those who missed the UK government's green vehicles legislation, heres a newsreel video to illustrate this better:

We think the UK public will remonstrate with knee-jerk reaction'; and demand higher emissions standards for vehicle inspections (MOT's), very old vehicles will be MOT'd off the roads immediately, while all industry will be demanded to stop using oil-fuels and oil-based-products; which will ground aircraft, and stop shipping, rail and HGV/PSV large vehicles from operating!​

In short the UK could stop operating!​

The UK has already legislated a virtual overnight ban on petrol & diesel fuelled cars from 2030, when it will be illegal to sell new petrol and diesel cars!

ONLY NEW ELECTRIC CARS TYPICALLY COSTING FROM £28,000 WILL BE AVAILABLE.

Older vehicles look set to be taxed off the roads by emmissions legislation. In short, everyone will be expected to migrate to electric vehicles, as well as any other green alternatives like hydrogen vehicles.

The ban on new petrol and diesel car sales had initially been planned for 2040 but has been brought forward under Boris Johnson's 10-point plan to tackle climate change.

However, the RAC has warned that charging infrastructure will need to be expanded at an 'incredible pace' and prices will have to come down to make electric vehicles a realistic choice for many drivers.

The ban on new petrol and diesel cars has been moved forward to 2030. With only seven years to go, are we really ready to switch to electric vehicles? Let’s take a look.

To avoid the most serious effects of climate change, carbon emissions will have to drop to net zero by 2050. The government has signed a legally-binding contract to reach this target. To reach the goal, the government will have to cut emissions from cars and transport in general.

The ban will only apply to new cars and there are no plans as yet to ban the sale of petrol, although the price of petrol and deisel is likely to go up as an incentive to use greener vehicles. A ban on hybrid petrol and diesel cars will come shortly after 2030, perhaps by 2035 is a guide.

With a ban on new petrol and diesel cars the political landscape will place more emphasis on the remaining old petrol and diesel cars. This means vehicle inspections are likely to MOT old and dirty engines off the road. This is where old cars and industrial HGV & PSV vehicles have been lifelines for commuting workers for decades. These will simply not be allowed to be used!

Focus will also be placed on other forms of dirty engines that use fossil fuels. Heavy goods vehicles, heavy passenger vehicles, trains, aircraft and even shipping will also be under huge pressure to use much cleaner engines. That is if they survive pressure from the public and the ballot box.

The clock is ticking towards 2030, and the UK has less and less time to confront this huge issue. The UK is about to undergo immense social changes. It is thought that the emphasis for the production of food will be sourced more locally, and of course from more environmentally friendly methods of farming. People may well not have the freedoms petrol and diesel cars yield, but may be limited much more humble uses of greener transport. This could lead to a much more localized community compared with the commuting workforce today. This is going to happen almost overnight, where the UK has a very minimal green transport infrastructure. Farming could be forced to use electric tractors, and this is taking farming back 100 years to the dawn of steam tractors in agriculture.

Will the UK continue on its path to becoming a net zero, or will the UK renege on its green energy commitment? This is an extremely important question, when the UK is thought to be heading towards less prosperous times. With a UK national debt over £2Trillion, will the UK in reality really be able to ban petrol and diesel?

Political pressure from disgruntled motorists will demand that heavy goods vehicles, heavy passenger vehicles, trains, aircraft and even shipping also be banned from using fossil fuels. And how will the UK's electricity network stand up to the increased demand? How will low income families heat their homes without gas and heating fossil-fuel oil? These are questions that pose a clear and present danger to all UK citizens.

Why are electric car prices and their finance so important?

UK motorists have become extremely reliant on cars for everyday living. For many people, and you could say the majority, the motor car provides essential everyday access to things like work. Cars have become essential for vital day to day necessities, like getting the kids to school, shopping for food, hospital visits, providing care for the elderly, and many other vital tasks which are too many to list. Much of car use is also attributed to the goverments design of out of town amenities and work. For example, the NHS has centralised hospital care to newly built hospitals often on the outskirts of large towns (where services have been cut, and services have been taken away from small towns). Many supermarkets and retail parks are all but inaccessable without cars.

The UK has already passed laws in Parliament to stop manufacturers making and selling petrol and diesel cars by 2030. By 2035 UK laws are thought to ban existing petrol and diesel engine cars from the roads. This means hybrid cars will also be forced off the roads by 2035, when UK motorists will be forced to go completely electric from 2035.

Why the UK government allowed the construction of out of town amenities, in virtually the same time frame they were set to ban combustion engines from the roads will be a matter for the relevant enquiry - as the UK economy is set to tumble due to the attributed green-energy reversal of the UK's oil led economy, albeit the UK's frantic construction-economy since Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's so-called 'Popular-capitalism' greatly increased UK settlement expansion since the 1980's.

Guys, this is going to happen fast! It is not conjecture or science fiction. The legislation begins 2030. We already know how tricky it can be to obtain a viable second hand vehicle, where low income families have low budgets for their transport needs. Obtaing very old vehicles is nearly always fraught with difficulties. Let's fast forward to 2030. Low income workers will be forced to either buy a new electric car typically costing from £28,000 , or try to obtain a viable second hand car. With unprecidented numbers of people also trying to obtain the same second hand vehicles, which are not likely to meet emmissions standards anyway, the difficulties obtaining second hand very old cars will become so difficult it will be almost impossible for low income families to obtain work-transport vehicles.

Let's face it, many of us currently depend on 15 to 20 year old vehicles to get to work. This is not going to be an option in just 7 & 1/2 years.

Will you have at least £28,000 for the typical starting price of an electric vehicle in 2030? Will your current vehicle pass higher MOT emissions standards?
Sorry guys, start thinking electric cars - or go bust!

I have a dream car already, that won't be having an MOT in 2030 as it's too old. No road tax either.
Thankfully it is just cars. Not planes and HGV's so I stopped reading at the first line.
Fuel will certainly go up, so you need to like your car to keep it. This is something to think about as we buy cars now. In 2030 many people will want a nice car, but not a nice new one. The 3-5 year old cars ending their lease, might be new car money. One year old cars are right now, due to chip shortages. So totally remove new cars and look what will happen.
Don't be dismayed though. Lots of battery cars are not that bad. We could do with re-working the regs to allow more micro-cars though. Which just need a commuting battery. 55mph like the lorries and no motorways like small M/C's. Then rental scheme's for high voltage/capacity packs you drop in the boot for motorway work. As voltage=top speed.
In any case, the UK won't fall apart due to fuel tax. We can't change the entire fleet in a year anyway. Nobody expects that. Cars last 14 years on average. So in 2045 half the fleet may be battery, if people really do want to stop scrapping the liquid battery cars.

420PyRoS

I have a dream car already, that won't be having an MOT in 2030 as it's too old. No road tax either.
Thankfully it is just cars. Not planes and HGV's so I stopped reading at the first line.
Fuel will certainly go up, so you need to like your car to keep it. This is something to think about as we buy cars now. In 2030 many people will want a nice car, but not a nice new one. The 3-5 year old cars ending their lease, might be new car money. One year old cars are right now, due to chip shortages. So totally remove new cars and look what will happen.
Don't be dismayed though. Lots of battery cars are not that bad. We could do with re-working the regs to allow more micro-cars though. Which just need a commuting battery. 55mph like the lorries and no motorways like small M/C's. Then rental scheme's for high voltage/capacity packs you drop in the boot for motorway work. As voltage=top speed.
In any case, the UK won't fall apart due to fuel tax. We can't change the entire fleet in a year anyway. Nobody expects that. Cars last 14 years on average. So in 2045 half the fleet may be battery, if people really do want to stop scrapping the liquid battery cars.
Electric cars, bah humbug!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I want an electric cloud connected car which is illegal to be disconected from the network, to benefit my overlords. The offer is so cool guys, the data plan is paid by the car dealer as a bonus for the whole life of the surveilance vehicle.. er.. I mean "car". Entertainment console with useless smart vocal comands will make sure they have data to sell everytime or your car passengers talk as well, extra to the gps data. What the heck, just add "unskipable" ads to the entertainment console and show us some real hints about how we won't own the cars "of the future".
If you don't agree.. prepare to "repay" your polluting car every few years in taxes, so they have funds to steal and misuse!
Yeah, the future is bright!

Ca++

I don't imagine having an electric motor makes much difference.
I plugged into my 2005 ford and found a voice module. I had no idea it was listening. Voice control for all the stuff I don't use. Like the radio volume. Which is also on a stick. Which I can touch at the same time as the knob on the stereo. With one hand.
I must admit I do like some of the fancy gadgets. I have electric rear windows, so I don't have to reach back for the winder. Fookin A yo.

iu

It's not too ghastly. The latest is boosted, but the 200bhp of the old one would let you work it hard, without certain death. Perhaps 600kg over them fairly narrow tyres. It should work.

Ca++

That would be interesting. 335bhp and the 50% heavier beemer does 60 in 5 seconds. The 1.6 boosts to about 280 before bending rods. The rod swap takes you towards 400 without a big weight gain. You have to look after that weight distribution. Many conversions end up like playing darts. Though that inline 6 would sound and pull well.

I got a mk3 to put the 2.3 in, but didn't know the engine comes out the bottom. I couldn't live with the 2.0 and the knowledge they don't last, so had to pass it on. It was okay, but felt like someone had took the seats out of a saloon car, the doors and dash were so high. I couldn't see well out the back, which is crazy for a tiny car. I wanted a cushion lol

I do like the 1 series cab but no lsd