What's new

dragonfly frenzy?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
just got back from a run through Kentucky, MO, Arkansas, & LA again for little to no reason. no work really involved except the drive. third night there, i moseyed out to a point on Toledo Bend to burn one. stood there hitting it before i realized that i was surrounded by dragonflies, hundreds of them! big ones, small ones, red, blue, black, and those big metallic green ones, it was so cool! damn things acted like they were doing a re-enactment of the Battle of Britain around me. once in a lifetime...:cool:

exoticrobotic

Interesting to hear..i never knew they were a pest. Do you know why they got introduced?

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider that wriggled and wiggled and tiggled inside her. She swallowed the spider to catch the fly. I don't know why she swallowed a fly

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird. How absurd to swallow a bird. She swallowed the bird to catch the spider, She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.

I don't know why she swallowed a fly

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Interesting to hear..i never knew they were a pest. Do you know why they got introduced?
english (or House) sparrows came as stowaways on boats and as pets in bird cages. the starlings were introduced by a dimwit Shakespeare fan that wanted all of the birds mentioned by the bard brought to the US and started a society that worked towards that end. :dunno:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I don't see how the sparrows could have survived months at sea as stowaways as there would be no food for them, it is likely they were brought in cages where they were fed, just like rabbits and foxes.

buzzmobile

Veteran
What the hell is a spadge?
Urban Dictionary says

Oh you dirty bird.
1696673812801.jpeg

Old Piney

I don't see how the sparrows could have survived months at sea as stowaways as there would be no food for them, it is likely they were brought in cages where they were fed, just like rabbits and foxes.
They likely could have ended up on board and bored crew members flipped them morsels like in McDonald's parking lot. They are good little beggers and adaptive to like living in Home Depot on broken bags of seed

Last edited: