What's new

Do Mother Plants Smell? Do I Even Need A Carbon Filter For A Mother Tent?

MajorGrindage

I am starting up my first mother tent with a 5x5 tent.

All of my other 5x5's are filtered with ac infinity 8 inch carbon filters.

Ive never kept a mother plant tent, and so im curious if you guys have any experience with the smell or not.

If i could avoid a carbon filter in that tent that would be great, but i like to avoid any smells in my house.

Thanks in advance for any help, i appreciate it very much!

MajorGrindage

Put this tent on the intake of a filtered tent. You don't even need a vent, and exhaust is filtered for free.
Im lucky enough to have a whole bunch of AC Infinity 8 inch Exhausts laying around that i got for quite cheap, so i figured why not give the mother tent its own AC infinity T8, and just turn the power way down since mother plants dont need as much exhaust.

I really appreciate the idea, and think it is a great idea. I will keep it in mind for sure.

Thank you!

stiff

Veteran
They do smell..but not that intense.
I also would run it into another tent.
You'll need a light trap...secret jardin is selling them or you got a diy job coming up.
But honestly those secret jardin things look like they're perfect. I haven't used one myself though. Maybe someone here who did can chime in

mme_oscar

Hey,

Like many stated. Mums are smelly even it's far less intense than blooming ones

Put this tent on the intake of a filtered tent. You don't even need a vent, and exhaust is filtered for free.

That's a great way to have Rh issues in bloom or temp issues in the mums area (specially with LEDs). Can work in some specifics setups tho.