What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

DIY leds Discussion Thread for all your how tos and doubts and anything related

Is DIY led worth it.

• No idea never tried and it seems complicated.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i tried it and it was just shit/i burnt down my house/im just a negative nelly about it

• No, its too expensive nowadays, can find cheaper than diy growlights

• No, it takes up too much time and work for the results it gives

• Yes! The time and effort it takes is what actually makes it enjoyable

• Yes, with my prices considerations and needs its actually cheaper than bought lights

• Yes, its actually safer with me doing the work since i know what im doing and can choose parts

• Yes, it means i can repair it myself if it breaks

• Yes, it means i can get a light that is perfect for my unique space and needs

• Yes, cause i cant get the results i want which i cannot find in any light on the market

• All of the above yes answers

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I dont know but im leaning yes

• I dont know but im leaning no

• Total voters

Rocket Soul

Hello everyone!

Made this thread for anyone who wants to just generally chat about DIY leds, where to start getting knowledge about it, how to design and build help, where to source parts and anything random

Lets start out with a poll: is DIY Led worth all the effort, and if so (or not) why? Also post if you want more poll options.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello everyone!

Made this thread for anyone who wants to just generally chat about DIY leds, where to start getting knowledge about it, how to design and build help, where to source parts and anything random

Lets start out with a poll: is DIY Led worth all the effort, and if so (or not) why? Also post if you want more poll options.
Thanks, Rocket, that is a very interesting subject. I'm going to ride with you and maybe I can learn something.

Rocket Soul

@exploziv / @DARKSIDER or any mod:
- with regards to buying parts for diy projects, theres a bunch of use full sites for distributors and search tools for parts.
Id like to see if you could look at them and see what would be approved as external links so i or others dont post stuff you then have to come and clean up. Im thinking of :
- digikey
- arrow electronics (they have fantastic deals from time to time which may be hard to find unless somebody links them, once they were selling half a quantum board worth of diodes on pcb ready to fit to your grow for 2$!)
- mouser
- TME electronics sales
- octopart component search engine
- Ebay
And brands:
- Samsung, Bridgelux, Cree, Lumileds and maybe a few more
Could you please check up on them and say if there is anything you feel we should avoid posting here. Ill avoid them for now and not post anything to aliexpress or alibaba

Latest posts

Latest posts