What's new

DIY Coliseum On The Cheap

RicoT

Saw a MUCH smaller version of someone stacking a few pots like this vertically a while ago. This is just impressive man! I can't wait to see the final product and yield.

PoorBoy

Yes, thats the bulb I have. I'm going to switch them out for Sylvania Growlux for the next run. I've had good luck with those in the past.

The buds are starting to swell. I cut one out to look at it under the magnifier earlier and the trichomes are lightly cloudy but with very few amber ones and still alot of white hairs. 72 days now, I'm going to give them 7-10 more then I need the space.

Very interesting and creative solution. Managing the growth inside the rack must be quite unique with this setup. Wonder if yields are higher with a setup like this?

PoorBoy

Sorry Guys, no more pics of that grow. I harvested at 84 days. The buds are still drying. I'll post a final weight when I have it. I took a couple pre harvest pics, but they looked pretty much the same as those previously posted

I have the next round already started. This time I moved the lights up. They were positioned way to low before. I wasn't effectively using alot of the light. The top light is now at ceiling level. I'm running 98 plants instead of 60. (7 rows of 14)

First three rows are S1 fem seeds vegged to 8" with the bottom three branches pruned. Middle three rows are 8" clones also pruned. The top row is fem seeds vegged to 6-8" with no pruning. It will be interesting to compare the yeilds from each. These were flipped to 12/12 24hours after going in.

I have sylvania grolux bulbs on order. Until they arrive, the dual arc bulbs are running.

PoorBoy

1092gms - 2lbs 7oz(.61gms/watt) - Not as much as I would have hoped, but I'm not disappointed either. Quality is excellent. This grow has been a learning experience. I let it get way too overgrown before flipping and I didn't thin it out as I should have. There were more than a couple plants that I didn't get much of anything out of cause they were so shaded by overgrowth in front. There were also a couple 4+ ounce monster plants trying to take over. Much of the growth in the top row was up above the light. Also the bottom most light was way too far down and mostly being wasted. I don't think the dual arc bulbs were all they were cracked up to be either. I will do much, much better on this next run.

I've addressed the above issues, and I'm trying to break the 1gm/watt mark on this run. That would be 4lbs. With 98 plant sites I just need to harvest 18gms per plant to achieve this.

Che

Veteran
almost 2.5 lbs that's really good for a shakedown run PB, thank you for taking the time to share :D Great work man once you get it dialed in a bit more I'm sure you'll hit your goals (and then some)

rastalifestyle

nice run good luck on the next one. should run much better after working out the little issues. Vert is the ish. How did you like flushing with molasses/water?

full time daddy
Veteran
That would be 4lbs. With 98 plant sites I just need to harvest 18gms per plant to achieve this.

easyly done buddy, get her dialed, your plants yeilding the same with a even conopy and you should jump up in #'s as well.........
i have seen 6 pounds from 2k @ 90 plants in a coli

and even more with a set up like your's :whistling:

Last edited:
1092gms - 2lbs 7oz(.61gms/watt) - Not as much as I would have hoped, but I'm not disappointed either. Quality is excellent. This grow has been a learning experience. I let it get way too overgrown before flipping and I didn't thin it out as I should have. There were more than a couple plants that I didn't get much of anything out of cause they were so shaded by overgrowth in front. There were also a couple 4+ ounce monster plants trying to take over. Much of the growth in the top row was up above the light. Also the bottom most light was way too far down and mostly being wasted. I don't think the dual arc bulbs were all they were cracked up to be either. I will do much, much better on this next run.

I've addressed the above issues, and I'm trying to break the 1gm/watt mark on this run. That would be 4lbs. With 98 plant sites I just need to harvest 18gms per plant to achieve this.

great and inspirational grow you have got going
please let us in on the next run also
ill be watching :)

Latest posts

Latest posts