What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

DIY CArbon Scrubber

Tonyton

Day-o, thank you. If I inspired you and others, then I would like to say I've done good works. It's about making it work and making it better over all teaching and sharing your knowledge with others.

Rolldaddy

This is a great looking design. Please correct me if I am wrong but I am looking into getting a carbon air filter. Online it seems the whole system can be purchased for under $200 including fan and everything.

After purchasing all parts to build one plus time spent putting it together how much $$$ is really being saved?

nukklehead

Nice job tony.. wish i had your skills.. well i did at one time...
Cant believe I spent my time in shop class getting high in the
closet and making one hitters and bongs when i could have been
doing that...
Bet that teacher would have givin me an A instead of a B..:):headbange

Uberknot

I had all my parts picked out for a DIY and then came across this thread and it's almost exactly what I came up with. The Rivet thing is just awesome instead of screws btw. I used metal window screen double layered on the inside of both tubes as a way to hold the carbon inside better.

http://imgur.com/a/wJHn0

X9VNF0e.jpg

js9mPAy.jpg

EWqwt8O.jpg

bU4c2FN.jpg

X9VNF0e.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyton

I'm making a smaller version that's battery/12v corded. Were you can use a detachable cord or use batteries.

Tonyton

This idea came up when the lights went out and I had to hook everything up on seperate voltages. This is for a clone/mother chamber.

Indiva710

Great diy and pry one of the best ones for a filter I've seen however fleece for a prefilter might work a bit better and easier to work with..but great job..I got my 8x24 for $25 brand new and it's def doing it's job zero smell outside the tent just like it should be however it was like $54 but when it came it was dented during shipping that wasn't even a issue but asking doesn't hurt and saving half I'm not gna say no too..plus the 54 for a 8in filter is dirt cheap anyways I'll def be buying one again when needed..but if you need a custom size or just prefer to diy great way to do so