What's new

DigiBerryHaze F1 - Original Haze x Digital Berry bx1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, these seeds have been in my freezer for 10 years or so. I made them at the same time as i made my BlueDigiBerry F1s, after @dank.frank sent me some dried male flowers from his Digital Berry Bx1 male. I think Frank is the only person i ever told about these....
more about that male here:

My memory of making these is a bit hazy lol... but after the flowers had been in transit across the pond there was little visible pollen, and it had been sent to cross with my Blueberry mother plant to make the BlueDigiBerry. This second cross i made to Original Haze (seedsman) was really an afterthought... perhaps i wiped my finger around the empty bag and rubbed it onto a few pistils.. i can't remember - but sods law - i ended up with 10 BlueDigiBerry F1 seeds which i used to make the F2 generation (which has become popular and now we are on F3s) and i got 13 of these Original Haze x Digital Berry seeds !

They then sat in my freezer until last week. I had been thining about this cross recently because Frank said that the DigiBerry clone was fast to flower and bred fairly true for this trait - or at least reducing flowering time, - and also frank described the high: "He breeds very consistently for the glorious blueberry smells / flavors, extreme vigor, excellent lateral branching - and most importantly - a given cannabinoid profile. An epic third eye, self-awareness, spin in a field of flowers; anti-anxiety, stress relief, one with the world , EPIC high, that is consistent with the Digi clone mom" - i thought this might blend well with the Haze high

I'm thinking there is a possibility that F2s of this cross could end up giving some plants that are (simplistically speaking) 75% Haze and some that are 25% Haze and a few around and inbetween - which could be interesting
I went with 9 of the seeds to give me a few left if something goes wrong. I was lucky to get 100% germ after 10 years (keep your seeds dry and in the freezer !)
here we are:
DBH.jpg

1666001170200.png

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @Dogtown - yes, one of the seeds was quite small and at that size i probably wouldn't have put it in a pack to sell .. but it still germed with the rest! . i don't usually have a problem with seeds from the freezer but i did wait until they had germinated before posting the thread lol !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy to see you run these VG. Good luck on the run and I hope you can take the line forward and offer these at some point...I'd be interested for sure.
thanks, they are looking quite good so far. Stretched a little bit due to being a bit close together but coming on quite well. In some ways i hope the F1s are quite uniform because this should mean a good bit of variation in the F2s - that was certainly the case with the BlueDigiBerry
DBHx6.jpg
dbhplant.jpg

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @elanius , sorry for the late response.... it was the mex/columbian original haze plant. I'll dredge up some old pics at some point if i can.
So lets have a quick look at them... they haven't been treated particularly well but are doing ok, just growing branches after topping... they will get a repot tomorrow hopefully.
First group.
5BDH.jpg
5bdhtop.jpg

close up of one of them:
BDHplant.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and 4 more:
4bdh.jpg
4bdhtop.jpg

this one of those 4 got broken down to one pair of leaves a while back but has recovered. you can see the haze i think.
bdhbroke.jpg

oh yes and if you notice that there is no longer a cement mixer on the right side of the pics, its because i have built myself i little insulated room at the back of the garage for my cabs! this should make my life easier..
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the DBH plants were potted up today... about a week later than they should have been, but i had flipped them pretty early after repotting last time so they don't seem to have suffered rootbinding too badly, and the cold temps have probably slowed things down. 2 males one tall one short. 7 girls and so i used 5.7 litre pots which i can fit 9 of in the cab.. and more suitable after the later repot than the 4 x 12 litre that i was originally planning to use
had to be butchered a litte to reduce their height but i'll only be showing you the top half of the plants so ....
i'll grab some pics later this week when they've settled in. Need to take cuttings of them too.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@MAHA KALA thats the general idea i guess... but the digi has a subtle burnt rubber/skunky element along with the loud blueberry muffins that should be interesting. also they will be F2s so hopefully there will bw a haze pheno and a Digi pheno and whatever inbetween which will give folks some different plants and options if they want to take the lone forward or have a keeper.

hi @manohman - GL with the BDB, and thanks for the support!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are some pics. These look pretty good fr saying that they haven't been very well looked after and it is very cold... but forecast to warm up at the weekend thankfully.

the plants show a lot of variation in height but they have not been treated all the same and they stretched quite young when repotted and left for a week ,got crowded etc , so i won't be drawing too many conclusions from that. Bud structure looks quite uniform but i need to take a closer look at that over the next few weeks.
Here are the to males. one was about the shortest plant and i like the look of it... but i will likely use pollen from both (if all goes well) unless i see a reason not to..
the taller one on the right is actually the shorter one and that is its natural height. the other one has been shortened.
DBHmales.jpg
malesabove.jpg
BBHmaleflower.jpg

this flower above is from the shorter one but they all look very similar

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are two with the tallest one. pretty much all or them were shortened on repot as i mentioned above . this one may be a different pheno we will see
DBH2nd2.jpg

flower of the tall one:
dbhtall.jpg

other one
DBH2nd2left.jpg

and the last 2
DBHlast2.jpg

left hand plant flower:
last2left.jpg

last2right.jpg

VG

Latest posts