What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

Mountainkush

These seem to be building roots quite well
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

5 weeks 12/12
#1 was the fastest to flower and the most manageable in size. No real distinct smell on this one yet but hopefully it gets better as this one is the easiest to grow.
picture.php

#4 was next to start flowering and is extremely stretchy and branchy compared to the others. It has an incredible fruity scent already which I hope it keeps.
picture.php

#3 stretched a lot with not much branching and was the third to flower funny enough. This one has a great fruity scent with a stem rub and has since late veg.
picture.php

#5 was the runt but is now the tallest thanks to how long it took to flower. It has the closest node spacing and not much branching. Kind of a skunky smell with a stem rub.
picture.php

Last edited:

Mountainkush

Started training the next four for flower. One from each pheno. And a little Pck that made its way into the photo. These have been quite easy to grow and clone so far, especially since it was my first time taking cuttings.
picture.php

Top 1&4 Bottom 5&3
picture.php

G

Really enjoying watching the progress!
Do you still have the 5 seed girls or did you drop down to just 4?
I know that your #3 has the most variation, but what have you noticed from the other seed girls?
I've popped about a dozen Lilly seeds altogether, usually 1or 2 at a time. Working from experience they all seemed very similar and I never thought to pop more.
But I am enjoying looking for the nuance with each of your girls.
Looks like I might need to pop a higher # the next time I grow...
And Lilly will be the #1 strain on my list. Never want to do without her.
And thank you for keeping us up to date!

Mountainkush

Where did you get the plant stand?

The one in that pic is a grit guard for a 5 gallon bucket to wash your car or whatever. Got mine at Canadian Tire but you should be able to find them anywhere. Perfect size for a 3 gallon fabric pot. The black ones I’m using in veg are from amazon. Hope that helps

Mountainkush

Really enjoying watching the progress!
Do you still have the 5 seed girls or did you drop down to just 4?
I know that your #3 has the most variation, but what have you noticed from the other seed girls?
I've popped about a dozen Lilly seeds altogether, usually 1or 2 at a time. Working from experience they all seemed very similar and I never thought to pop more.
But I am enjoying looking for the nuance with each of your girls.
Looks like I might need to pop a higher # the next time I grow...
And Lilly will be the #1 strain on my list. Never want to do without her.
And thank you for keeping us up to date!

Thank you. I got rid of my #2 in flower and the mother because it was full of male parts at 2 week 12/12.
#1 is getting close to done at 6.5 week. Not much of a fruity smell, more of a floral sweetness smelling the flowers and rubbing the stems. Nice tight buds. Getting some purple on certain fan leaf edges. Good leaf/calyx ratio and looks the closest to the first one I grew.
#3 still doesn’t have much smell to the flowers but the stem rub makes my mouth water. Pure tropical fruit juice. A little too much leaf and won’t be fun to trim. Also has these odd twists and curls to the leaves. I removed a lot of fan leaves but it’s still really dense compared to the others.
#5 has the thinnest, longest fans that seem to just drape down. Very different from anything I’ve grown before. Wasn’t expecting the light skunky scent and I’m quite surprised at the level of resin it has for being so early in flower compared to the other.
#4 smells the best so far and leans more towards a pineapple dominat tropical scent. It’s been the pickiest eater mostly with nitrogen. It’s filled in quite a bit since the last pic and is getting some really pointy buds. Top fans are turning purple now. Very thin stems and the main truncates is half the size of the others. Can’t think of much else at the moment. I just love this stuff as well. The smell taste and high surprise everyone I share it with. Gave a couple cuts of each to a buddy of mine to try. He mainly grows autos but has just killed off a couple he started to grow these clones instead as I made too many.
I’m hoping the clones will flower closer to the same time when I put them in compared to the seed plants. The late flowerers took up a lot of room and I’m trying to fit a few Ace ladies in with them next time.
Another thing I noticed was the fan leaves of each are really different shapes and colours from each other. Honestly, none of these really look much alike or smell anything alike. Gonna be hard to pick just one to keep.

Last edited:

Mountainkush

If I didn’t say before, these were vegged for 7 weeks from seed and flowered in 3 gallon coco under 2 600w hps.
This was my #1 and it was very fast. I let it go 8 weeks 12/12 and cut it down yesterday. I probably could of cut it earlier at 7 weeks and will for the clone that went in to replace it in my tent last night. No fruity smells on this one at all, just a vague sweet scent. Really pretty flowers with lots of resin though. It’s more purple in person.
This was at 7 1/2 weeks just a few days before the chop
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

I mixed up my labels for a bit and had 4&5 switched but fixed everything up and I’m back on track.
This is #4 and was my runt but is my favourite so far now. Still need to smoke them of course. It has a great tropical fruit scent similar to pineapple and is getting really purple now. I’ll let this one go another week as the last reflowering is just finishing up and I’m still flushing/feeding with plain water.
Took these at 7 1/2 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

#3 still smells fruity but in a more candy way. These are both taking their sweet time to flower but are putting on weight faster this week. They both got way more leafy than the other two as well. Maybe a bit too much nitrogen in flower. They all were a bit sensitive to it.
These were taken at 7 1/2 weeks like the others
picture.php

picture.php

#5 is the only one that’s stayed green even on the stems and only one that doesn’t smell sweet in any way. Just a light skunky smell.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

mobi50

Hi Mountainkush, you' ve done a good job! Some suggestions, put some sugar in the flushing water, like a spoonful per gallon of water. More is not better, and remember that Lilly does,t want to much fertilizer. All the best

Mountainkush

Hi Mountainkush, you' ve done a good job! Some suggestions, put some sugar in the flushing water, like a spoonful per gallon of water. More is not better, and remember that Lilly does,t want to much fertilizer. All the best

Thank you. I’ve been trying my best with these.
I think I was feeding a little too heavy at times. I’ll go lighter with the clones.

Is the sugar still helpful in pure coco coir feeding with salts? I just started growing a couple years ago and switched to coco 9 months ago so I’m still trying to figure this stuff out.

G

@Mountainkush,
you can add sugars to coco in the same way as soil-less. I do with great success.

unnamedmike

None of my 12 upstream has germinated ... :cry: Does anyone know if there is fresh stock? O.Delicatessen continues making seeds? I would like to buy several packages, lilly is one of my favorite flavors/effects.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hopefully you waited long enough. They took an extra day or two for me to germ but all ofem germed and once planted awesome vigor. I don't know if it was due to age or it just germs slow but they definitely took longer than everything else and I was very happy I did not chuck them. I always wait at least 5 days now on seeds.

unnamedmike

Hopefully you waited long enough. They took an extra day or two for me to germ but all ofem germed and once planted awesome vigor. I don't know if it was due to age or it just germs slow but they definitely took longer than everything else and I was very happy I did not chuck them. I always wait at least 5 days now on seeds.

high 40amps, big thanks for the support:tiphat: The 12 are already in wet cococoir after 48h in h2o/h2o2, hope they are only slow germinating. i wait before discarding ungerminated seeds, when they do not germinate I put them on keepers pot soil, some germinate after weeks ... months ... my last was a NL keeper.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahh cool I really hope they pop for you. I had a ton of seeds popped at the same time and was so down at first after 2 days in straight water and no sign of anything at all. I put them in paper towel plastic bag after that and it was the longest I have ever had for seeds to germ, but they did and all of them to boot.

Mountainkush

@Mountainkush,
you can add sugars to coco in the same way as soil-less. I do with great success.

Thanks. I’ll pick some up and try with the clones so I can compare. Before coco I was using general organics full line and I think a lot of the bottles had molasses in them.

Mountainkush

None of my 12 upstream has germinated ... :cry: Does anyone know if there is fresh stock? O.Delicatessen continues making seeds? I would like to buy several packages, lilly is one of my favorite flavors/effects.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope a couple pop up and surprise you.