What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

DEA Chief Michele Leonhart To Resign

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
It's the devil you don't know that replaces her that worries me. Glad the bitch is gone.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Five'll get ;'cha ten that something is about to happen. And that is why She abruptly quit.

Cool. A 42O gift... Will be a surprise, but the press has been ramping up the tolerance lately.... Usually, also an indication of impending changes.

Buh Bye whateveryournameis....

It's the devil you don't know that replaces her that worries me. Glad the bitch is gone.
I think with Obama still in office, and the new AG coming in this week, the new head of DEA will be more open to rec and medical Cannabis, and hemp, than the current nitwit that heads the DEA.

I think the new DEA head they'll instate will be likely more open to medical and rec, for sure.

It's no secret she and Eric Holder, and Obama, have been at odds over her stance on Cannabis. She got a 'talking to' by Holder over the issue some months back, when she publicly disagreed with Obama and Holder on reducing mandatory minimums, as well as disagreeing with them (publicly) on the issue of state's legalizing recreational.

Also, when she wouldn't say if Cannabis is less dangerous than meth, crack, cocaine, and heroin, she get them (Holder and Obama) mad at her at that time too:

[youtubeif]JFC2IZe04EY[/youtubeif]

"DEA Head Criticizes Obama For Telling The Truth About Marijuana"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsu...-obama-for-telling-the-truth-about-marijuana/

"DEA Chief Slams Obama For Pot Remarks: Reports"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/25/michele-leonhart-obama_n_4666606.html

Last edited:
She really is a total fool! She said her lowest day in 33 years at the DEA was when CO state house used a US flag made from hemp last year...say whaaaat?! That was her lowest day? Seriously?

Bristol County, Mass., Sheriff Thomas M. Hodgson told the Herald that "she said her lowest point in 33 years in the DEA was when she learned they’d flown a hemp flag over the Capitol on July 4. The sheriffs were all shocked. This is the first time in 28 years I’ve ever heard anyone in her position be this candid."

Betterhaff

Veteran
Her lowest was probably when she found out about the agents in South America whooping it up with hookers furnished by the cartels.

And yet she didn't even punish most of them, some got promotions. That issue is what drove her to resign. Good videos of her wiggling like a worm on a hook:

[youtubeif]mszpeNNO7DQ[/youtubeif]

[youtubeif]-JVA8Ng78UU[/youtubeif]

"DOJ Inspector General: Handling of Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Allegations"
http://oversight.house.gov/hearing/doj-ig-handling-sexual-harassment-misconduct-allegations/

"House Oversight Committee Expresses No Confidence in DEA Administrator Leonhart"
http://democrats.oversight.house.go...s-no-confidence-in-dea-administrator-leonhart

Last edited:

OldeMann

With her phobia of marijuana she should never been appointed head of the DEA. I mean for her to say cannabis is as bad as heroin was utter BS, she should have been fired then!

Good Riddance!

This forum is funny! It's the only one at this site with most of the threads getting a single star. There must be a 1 star ninja who likes to give out 1 stars to threads in this forum, LOL.

I mean, if any thread at this forum should get 5 stars shouldn't it be one that is about the head of DEA getting fired?!

Oh you 1 star ninja, you are funny :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this official yet all I see is assumptions . I hope it's real

It's not over until it's over.....regardless of the fat lady singing.

And depends if the likes of Christie or Repub counterpart decides to change things (er...not be pro-cannabis) BACK. Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway the witch is DEAd. ;o)

Is this official yet all I see is assumptions . I hope it's real
It's not official yet if you're asking if it has happened yet. It's supposed to happen in mid-May. Eric Holder has already accepted the resignation, so that means Obama has as well, and she has packed her bags:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/21/politics/dea-leonhart-resigning-marijuana/
Michele Leonhart is stepping down in mid-May as administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday.

"I want to express my appreciation to Michele, not only for her leadership of the DEA since 2007, but also for her 35 years of extraordinary service to the DEA, to the Department of Justice and to the American people," Holder said in a statement.
Last Friday, Leonart sent an email to employees saying: "This has been a very difficult week for DEA, with members of Congress and the media asking tough questions and sharing our outrage about the disgraceful conduct of a few individuals several years ago. This employee misconduct has upset me for many reasons, but especially because it calls into question the incredible reputation DEA has built over more than 40 years."

She ended the email: "I want to thank you for your continued expressions of trust and confidence as we navigate through these rough waters. I know you will remain focused on our mission and the commitment to excellence that is the hallmark of who we are, and what we will always be at DEA."

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...leonhart-prepares-to-resign-reformers-rejoice
“In light of the DOJ Inspector General’s report and the testimony we heard before our committee, Ms. Leonhart’s retirement is appropriate,” Chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and ranking member Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said in a joint statement.

“With the opportunity now for fresh leadership, we are hopeful that the DEA can restore itself to an agency of distinction and excellence,” they said. “The IG’s report exposed the bad behavior that was allowed to fester for more than a decade, and our Committee’s hearing shined a spotlight on the lack of accountability for these abuses. This process is strong evidence of how proper and bipartisan oversight can lead to a better functioning government for the citizens it serves.”

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Hopefully she's not replaced by the DEA agent who testified that rabbits in Utah had lost their survival instincts and fear of humans as a result of becoming passive from eating cannabis from outdoor grows...

Even before the Colombia story, I was starting to think the DEA had access to better dope than anyone I knew...

Rabbits? Throwing their own little fuzzy bodies onto their proverbial swords? As a result of couch-lock ganja in the land of Mormons?

And I thought the 60s and 70s was the era of the hallucinogens.

Hmm...

Loretta Lynch is opposed to normalization of cannabis laws.
Yea, at least from what she said during confirmation hearings. However, that's not much different than Eric Holder's stance, I think. I also think it's telling what she didn't say, namely, that she would try to stop CO, WA, OR, and AK from their voter mandated rec markets.

I think once she's finally the U.S. attorney general we'll see what she intends to do, or not to do.

This article is pretty good:

"Pot Reformers Aren't Afraid of Loretta Lynch"
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/29/loretta-lynch-pot-legalization-marijuana-reform

Latest posts

Latest posts