What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Darwin-istic question

HCSmyth

PoppinFresh said:
but i think the use of UVB may be related to the rumor/gossip/old (or new) wives' tale regarding black light use in a possibly silly way. i figure someone just had the right idea about the spectrum direction but not about the intensity.

It is definately an area that should be looked into as a possible supplement. But you have to have an already "perfect grow room" set up first inorder to supplement with UVB. Plus it sounds like, if it works, it would only make a more satvia type high. Not everyone may want this type of pot.

HCSmyth..you probley nailed that one on the head^^^ (on Darwin)

I read all this stuff and it makes me wonder what the planet was like when our beloved plant was going thru all these evolutinary changes. As little as 10000 years ago we were in the middle of our last ice age. I read several times that cannabis originated in the himalayas (sorry bout my spellin) and was distributed across the land by men. Anyhow could very well be that good ol sticky resins and sweet thc are just adaptations that evolved to ensure its survival. stickyness= pollen catcher....various sweet smelling componds,cannabinoids to attract bees, birds ect. Just thinkin out loud

Last edited:

bilbo baggins

tankgunner said:
Darwin was full of shit on the evolution theory! he even denounced it on his death bed. he better had or he would be burning in hell as we speak! he was smokng to much crippy i guess!

Buddy, Darwin wasn't the reason we have the Theory of Evolution. A fella name of Alfred Russel Wallace had the idea of natural selection during the same time as Darwin.... not to mention all of the things we now know about genetics. Darwin wasn't "full of shit" and his Theory has yet to be disproved by anyone.

He probably "denounced" it since he lived in a time where atheism = satan.

Anyway, check out this link which shows flowers captured with a camera under UV light. Just imagine the amount of the UV spectrum plants absorb from the sun. Makes you want to do an experiment with 2 rooms, one set up with an HPS and one with an HPS and UV light.... :joint: :headbange

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=473897 (from london's daily mail)

Last edited:

PoppinFresh

bilbo baggins said:
Buddy, Darwin wasn't the reason we have the Theory of Evolution. A fella name of Alfred Russel Wallace had the idea of natural selection during the same time as Darwin.... not to mention all of the things we now know about genetics. Darwin wasn't "full of shit" and his Theory has yet to be disproved by anyone.

He probably "denounced" it since he lived in a time where atheism = satan.

Anyway, check out this link which shows flowers captured with a camera under UV light. Just imagine the amount of the UV spectrum plants absorb from the sun. Makes you want to do an experiment with 2 rooms, one set up with an HPS and one with an HPS and UV light.... :joint: :headbange

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=473897 (from london's daily mail)

wow. that article was kinda cool. i never thought a flower would look so dramatically different. makes me wonder if there are any UV goggles which would allow me to see UV light minus the whole damage to the cornea thing of course lol. but i figure the world would probably look so much more amazing. they probably have those somewhere.. i'll do a seach in a min.

on another note, if the plants are giving off those kinds of "target" colors then i understand why HCSmyth mentioned needing a perfect grow room lol. gotta keep those insects out lol. but it would be interesting if people started using them more often.

i wonder what marijuana looks like under UV lol.