What's new

Darlins Net

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd say she is in a reveg state. I've had this happen a few times. In March when you put her outside the hours of light were few enough to put her in flower. The gradual increase in light hours wasn't enough to keep her in veg. She'll probably not go back to full veg before she goes to full flower again. Keep an eye on her when it rains. Bud rot could creep in.

Tynehead Tom

this was the keeper pheno I chose to make a small batch of f2 to share among offline friends and because this girl was fuggen amazing.
pheno #3T flowered by light dep in greenhouse. She threw prehistoric looking 3 blade and single blade as she got near the end. Last pic was getting close to harvest time.
June 29 2017
picture.php

August 19
picture.php

August 24
picture.php

Thanks for your input Joe and Tom! Tom, you really made my day with your photos of your 3T pheno; it looks just like my F2 #2 pheno!
It was already what I thought was the best out of the three phenos I've got going. Got two rooted cuttings too! This girl put out 3/4" long preflower calyxs!

Thanks again gentlemen!

F2 DN pheno #2

Tynehead Tom

Here is 5 of my 6 females of Darlins Net.... somehow i missed the 6th one.... oh well
Getting a better idea of subtle differences in the plants now as they are day 13 of 12/12 light dep. I am only defoliating the main fans as they mature but will probably do a proper cleaning up as we near end day 21.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

clearheaded

defoliating is less of a useful thing outside. esp with fiarly open small/med plants. cleaning where larf is ie bottom 12-18 inches may be a little useful but outside not sure you gain whole bunch more by cleaning larf sites, just less hash ;) inside in smaller pots u forsure do. or unless ur super worried about mold in a greenhouse with low airflow. much better off training branches outwards then cleaning large fans to get strong sun to those nodes.

Tynehead Tom

The plants seem to like it and in some strains it slows vertical growth and encourages side branching. I have notice nothing but benefits and I pull the mature fans on everything in the garden. I have a large variety going in my greenhouse right now, space is at a premium and I want light penetration to the growth sites, especially leading in to the flip.
I guess to each their own but I have found that once a mature fan below the canopy gets to a certain age, it is using more energy than it is producing for the associated branch.
Some sativas I am growing almost need the mid to lower main fans removed to get them to branch in veg.
anyhow..... will update these again as them flowers start to get going.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice looking ladies Tom. I believe both parents love to be stripped so I'd keep em cleaned up. :headbange

Tynehead Tom

Nice looking ladies Tom. I believe both parents love to be stripped so I'd keep em cleaned up. :headbange

thanx man, will try to do them justice.
way more rainy, cloudy days here than sunny ones so it's been a shitty start. Hopefully summer comes soon for me up here in the north-ish.
I'll drop more pics along the way.
:smoke out:

Thinking this girl's got enough leaf twist to be a Glue leaner.

Lining the looks of this purple stem pheno

Stretch should be done within a week.

Question for Tom: since you're light depping, do you have a sense of how many days your DNs will go before harvest? Thanks!

Tynehead Tom

one of mine looks like it is an early finisher ..... that or it got hit with some hermie pollen before i culled those freaks (different beans).
It has been a crappy summer here , looking like 8C overnight and it didn't crack 20C/70F yesterday or today. I see some purpling in the darlins plants and the beginning of the fade coming on. I'm at day 45 so should have a good 3 weeks to go yet. Might give me one more dose of feed and then start the cleansing period.

Tynehead Tom

greenhouse is too packed to get pics of all the girls but this one has my attention. Kinda smells like confectionary chocolate with a real hashy overtone. I sure hope it tastes like that when it is done :D
This plant has 3 weeks to go to the 70 day harvest target. The weather here has been so up and down as it always is at this elevation. It's been getting cold at night and many of the plants in the greenhouse have suddenly burst out the purples.
Anyhow.... very cool and frosty looking plant
picture.php

picture.php

Wow! Looking fantastic Tom!

Here's what's happening with my DN girls:
F2 branchy pheno:

F2 purple stem pheno:

F2 purple stem pheno up close w/very early trich production:

F2 GG#4 leaner pheno:

Never seen such early trich production as I'm seeing with the purple stem pheno. This is the plant that looks a lot like your 3T pheno. Is one of your recent photos of awesome near mature flowers your 3T pheno?

Thanks!

Old Sid

Tynehead Tom

nope , all the ones shown so far are from the last of the seeds Smokin Joe gifted me a while back.
One of my friends has the 3T pheno alive and well but I don't presently have it in the garden.
With my license I can grow indoors and outdoors(greenhouse) but can not do both at same time so I thin things down and pass off keeper clones to friends so I can retrieve them when indoor garden time comes.
I am running a cut from another friend and just took clones. I call it the SixGun cut , named after the grower that found it. It is not original Darlin's Net though, it is from a small batch of F2 seeds I made with the 3T and a male that i called Ripsaw due to the double serrated leaves. Six Gun reeks and has the thick ass stems from the DMT side and while I think it is more DMT than GG4 , the funk is all there. She's a keeper for sure.
I have her kinda scrogged in an 18 gallon tote of organic mix that is getting water only the entire grow. She really could have used another month of veg as she is kinda slow but whatever.
Here's what she looks like
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the intel Tom. My purple stem pheno looks a lot like both your 3T and Six Gun cuts. So stoked! I was already pretty sure I had something special with it, but now I'm positive!

I've got two healthy clones of her; I'm thinking the time has come to do my first STS reversal experiment with those two.

Please keep the photos coming; they're helping me calibrate how well I'm doing with my girls.

Thanks!

OldSid