What's new

Danny Terpintine Says Hello :)

York Genetics

Hey, super glad to be here!

For those who don't know me, I'm Danny Terpintine!

I've been growing for just under 14 years now, making seeds for 13 years. I've been a licensed med patient (helps me with chronic paaiinnnn!) for my entire grow career - fun fact, I actually got licensed to grow before the legal smoking age in my city! I had the privilege and honor to help and be mentored by the head grower at one of the oldest dispensaries in a major city when I was 16/17. (Started growing at 15 on my own, didn't know anyone. Heck I might have visited this forum at that time but I don't remember my user lol.) Oh, I've also written a grow book.

I love pheno hunting and making seeds. And I place a huge emphasis on medicinal value through terpenes.

A little late to the party, I know ICmag has been around for like ever lol! Love to meet more of the community! :)

Feel free to say hi or chat, I'm open to talking about anything canna, pain, related. 🙂✌️

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
welcome york, where abouts do you hail from...I see you mentioned pain, I live with pain that would sideline many but over the years of dealing with it I've become comfortably numb to a good part of it...I find little relief from it other than heat and ice...

York Genetics

welcome york, where abouts do you hail from...I see you mentioned pain, I live with pain that would sideline many but over the years of dealing with it I've become comfortably numb to a good part of it...I find little relief from it other than heat and ice...

sorry to hear that! :(

I actually just restarted treatments are a no-invasive place that had worked pretty well. (Had stopped when covid started and kind of fell off the boat.) They've since come a long way, got FDA approval, etc. If you'd like to know more you can send me a message. They have locations around the world. Can't say it will help you, but never hurts to look into new ideas.

I'm in Canada. Since about 16 I've been in 24-7 pain. Cannabis has really been. my saviour!

oldmaninbc

I've been growing for just under 14 years now, making seeds for 13 years. I've been a licensed med patient (helps me with chronic paaiinnnn!) for my entire grow career - fun fact, I actually got licensed to grow before the legal smoking age in my city! I had the privilege and honor to help and be mentored by the head grower at one of the oldest dispensaries in a major city when I was 16/17. (Started growing at 15 on my own, didn't know anyone. Heck I might have visited this forum at that time but I don't remember my user lol.) Oh, I've also written a grow book.

I love pheno hunting and making seeds. And I place a huge emphasis on medicinal value through terpenes.

A little late to the party, I know ICmag has been around for like ever lol! Love to meet more of the community! :)

Feel free to say hi or chat, I'm open to talking about anything canna, pain, related. 🙂✌️
Hello Danny , I've had a medical personal production licence from Health Canada since 2011 and like you I live with chronic pain that dominates my life; cervical spondylosis (moderate to severe) for my upper back and sciatic nerve problems in my lower back. I have a couple of lung disorders as well, that can be painful.

Cannabis has been useful in limiting the use of harsher drugs, keeping my sanity and the rough edges of old age are smoothed over with some THC & terpenes.

Innovation/knowledge is never too late to the party.

York Genetics

Hello Danny , I've had a medical personal production licence from Health Canada since 2011 and like you I live with chronic pain that dominates my life; cervical spondylosis (moderate to severe) for my upper back and sciatic nerve problems in my lower back. I have a couple of lung disorders as well, that can be painful.

Cannabis has been useful in limiting the use of harsher drugs, keeping my sanity and the rough edges of old age are smoothed over with some THC & terpenes.

Innovation/knowledge is never too late to the party.

Oh that's cool, I think we got around licenses around the same time give or take. Sorry to hear about your pain too! Mine is thoracic herniation, cervical bulging, some pinched nerves. Was rear ended by an 18-wheeler who didn't brake at all while stopped at a red light, and then in my later teen years I started lifting 600-1000lbs regularly with a pro IBFF competitor. I'm still in my 20s so I kind of worry about the older years sometimes, but I'll figure it out when I get there lol.

Yeaahhh our medical system isn't the best for treating chronic illness. I can confidently say marijuana saved my life. F 0P1iods!!!

oldmaninbc

Oh that's cool, I think we got around licenses around the same time give or take. Sorry to hear about your pain too! Mine is thoracic herniation, cervical bulging, some pinched nerves. Was rear ended by an 18-wheeler who didn't brake at all while stopped at a red light, and then in my later teen years I started lifting 600-1000lbs regularly with a pro IBFF competitor. I'm still in my 20s so I kind of worry about the older years sometimes, but I'll figure it out when I get there lol.

Yeaahhh our medical system isn't the best for treating chronic illness. I can confidently say marijuana saved my life. F
Ouch... sounds like your spinal damages cause a world of hurt. What is thoracic herniation?

Your right to have some concern about the future, serious injuries can come back to haunt a person. Especially if a person continues to add more stress to the damaged areas.
I can't change what I have done to myself (mostly work related) but by the age of 60 degenerative bone disease and associated problems were beyond repair. I was exposed to asbestos as early as 17 years old, that took many years to rear it's issues. I am a relic of Ontario's industrial occupational disease system. Dealing with the comp board was a challenge and left me burnt out with little benefit to myself. A surviving spouse would benefit financially more so than myself from my work related injuries, that does make me laugh. Now at almost 75 what can I say!
My spouse likes to go to the acupuncturist/herbalist for pain relief. She does not like the effects of THC, she does use CBD. Which is good by me as I only need to grow for myself.

York Genetics

Ouch... sounds like your spinal damages cause a world of hurt. What is thoracic herniation?

Thoracic herniation is the middle portion of your spine, lumbar would be lower back, cervical would be your neck area. Lumbar is usually the easiest to treat or so I've been told my surgeons. Doctors don't like thoracic surgery (because of ribs and other major organs like lungs) in the area. With surgery though it's always a coin toss to whether it will actually help the pain or not.

Canada's health care system is pretty sad for chronic pain care. We're blessed with free care/hospital visits and what not though. So I can't complain too much lol.

Yeah the government unfortunately doesn't care about the disabled. If they did, their disability would not be HALF the required amount to live (which is what they get, half the amount of the stimmi cheques they were giving out during covid.)

Aha more flower for you, I wouldn't complain about that either. Ahh, at least your wifey can get some CBD relief. Have you considered it a tolerance thing and have her try small doses of THC? (Or is that a no go too? It's not for everyone after all.)

oldmaninbc

Thoracic herniation is the middle portion of your spine, lumbar would be lower back, cervical would be your neck area. Lumbar is usually the easiest to treat or so I've been told my surgeons. Doctors don't like thoracic surgery (because of ribs and other major organs like lungs) in the area. With surgery though it's always a coin toss to whether it will actually help the pain or not.

Canada's health care system is pretty sad for chronic pain care. We're blessed with free care/hospital visits and what not though. So I can't complain too much lol.

Yeah the government unfortunately doesn't care about the disabled. If they did, their disability would not be HALF the required amount to live (which is what they get, half the amount of the stimmi cheques they were giving out during covid.)

Aha more flower for you, I wouldn't complain about that either. Ahh, at least your wifey can get some CBD relief. Have you considered it a tolerance thing and have her try small doses of THC? (Or is that a no go too? It's not for everyone after all.)
I was told the same thing by a surgeon concerning my cervical spondylosis; surgery could be dangerous and not produce the results they would hope for, so no surgery. I don't want to be a surgical experiment anyhow.
I have to agree with you about the health care system, I've been waiting for hernia surgery, I know it's coming this spring, it wont cost me money I can't afford and for that I am happy, very happy! Anytime I have been in for surgery, I've always been grateful with the care before and after. Those warm blankets they offer me after surgery, I start purring and making dough like a cat.

I just hope I can get my crop done before the surgery. The older I get the longer it takes me to do something. I would normally be 7-8 weeks into my veg phase but here I am only 2 weeks in. I have 7 sprouts but only room for 5 plants at the most. I always think it's a shame to cull a 15-20 dollar plant.

I don't think my spouse feels comfortable using THC, I know in her early years she used cannabis, she mentioned enjoying thai stick, but that was then and now it's different.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran

A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

ost

Your right to have some concern about the future, serious injuries can come back to haunt a person. Especially if a person continues to add more stress to the damaged areas.
I can't change what I have done to myself (mostly work related) but by the age of 60 degenerative bone disease and associated problems were beyond repair. I was exposed to asbestos as early as 17 years old, that took many years to rear it's issues. I am a relic of Ontario's industrial occupational disease system. Dealing with the comp board was a challenge and left me burnt out with little benefit to myself. A surviving spouse would benefit financially more so than myself from my work related injuries, that does make me laugh. Now at almost 75 what can I say!
My spouse likes to go to the acupuncturist/herbalist for pain relief. She does not like the effects of THC, she does use CBD. Which is good by me as I only need to grow for myself.
my intro to abby started when i was5 or 6as soon as i could push a ,shop broom to clean the floors at dads sinclair( think green dino) station. he didn't like the black dust on his shop floor it all had to be swept clean after every brake, clutch job didn't matter caddy or mack truck ,what i couldnt get with the broom he had me blow it out the back rollup door, with a air line . did you ever chase a dust cloud out the door of a shop and watch it sparkle and ebb and flow when it hit the air movement outside?york g ,welcome to ic man lots of good info around these parts!