What's new

CycoCyder Recipe

THC4SIM

Hia Bruce,

i had to put a copy of this on here!! Your CycoCyder ROCKS!!!
ive printed it out and going to get all the stuff ill need to do it...

for this recipe, how much weed would be required to make a good brew???

CycoCyder (first made 1995)
10 litres pure apple juice (If you have a fruit press and access to bucket loads of apples this is best otherwise 100% PURE apple juice best from a health food shop ,but any 100% pure juice with NO ADDITIVES OR SUGARS ETC. will do)
15 litres water
6kgs sugar (4kgs sugar /2kgs glucose)
Wine yeast(strong white wine/Champagne) and Cider yeast (this is optional as this is more for flavour)

How to add the marijuana? I basically have just stuck the weed in a brewing bag (very similar to a bubble bag) and stuck it in a bucket of water and add ice and mash it around(Sound familiar?) With the solution you have left after you remove the brewing bag and contents you add this to the brew at secondry fermintation.NEVER just throw in weed ,this will encourage infections and effect the flavour very badly,usually its tastes like rotting vegitation ,also this lets the cannaboids seep into your brew and will make the effect of the brew very downer,stoney,red eyed ,only useful if you suffer from insomnia :)

First mix apple juice and 12ltrs water( add some boiled water to bring the temperature to about 20-24C) and add 4kgs of sugar and mix well
Place yeast in a pint glass with sugar and warm water.Leave for 10mins and check you can see froth forming.(this means the yeast has kicked in)
Add this frothing yeast to the bucket and mix well.
Leave for about 3/4 weeks or until frothing has died down.Keep in a covered fermanting bin DO NOT SEAL THE CONTAINER(The time really depends on the yeast you are using so check on the packet)
Now filter the solution into another bucket,the solution should not be sweet(do not be too fussy about the filtering) add the marijuana solution approx 3ltrs.(see process above) and add the last 2kgs sugar or if you want smaller finer bubbles add glucose( you may need to add a bit extra for glucose,if you have been really enthusiastic about filtering you may need to add more yeast as well,if the solution is still really sweet add less sugar)
Leave for about 2weeks and then filter into another bin and leave to settle for a week and then bottle.
If you want sparkling wine or cider it is best to add a 1/2 cup of glucose into another bin and filter the cycocyder into this bin and then bottle.You should have sparkling wine or cider within 2 weeks.
WARNING
MAKING SPARKLING WINES CAN LEAD TO EXPLODING BOTTLES .DO NOT SECURE THE CORKS ON BOTTLES WHILE FERMENTING IN BOTTLES.

This should produce a clear sweet cider.
Use less sugar if you want a dry cider -1kg sugar -1/2(Half)glucose
Also the sugar amount will vary to the yeasts you use ,the amounts I use are designed for MAXIMUM STRENGTH cider so you may find using less suits you better.
Also if you are using refined apple juice reverse the amounts of apple juice and water.Thus Apple 15ltr water 10ltr. The amount I quote is for thick pressed apple juice.
Hope you budding home brewers find this useful

Cheers mate!!!

The Bastard Brewer

Bastard Brewer
THC4SIM there really is no hard and fast rule to the amount of weed you put in. There are so many variables indoor,outdoor and the potency of the weed itself. It really is trial and error and knowing your weed supply. What I do is pour a small amount of the weed mash solution thru a silk screen and dry it. Then you can judge the consistency and strength of your weed mash.