What's new

Cuts in MA

Muleskinner

Veteran
The way the DEA does it, every plant counts as 2lbs no matter what stage of growth it's in. they don't do any weighing unless it's already harvested. At least that's how they did it for me.

Looks like you're spot-on, 1000 plants, 2000 pounds, the dumb thugs just multiplied by 2. I'll bet most of the plants were tiny cuttings, no way you're getting 1,000 plants under 10 HPS lamps.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Looks like you're spot-on, 1000 plants, 2000 pounds, the dumb thugs just multiplied by 2. I'll bet most of the plants were tiny cuttings, no way you're getting 1,000 plants under 10 HPS lamps.

They always bump up the bust numbers to make it sound like a big deal. Pot is legal now. People want it, but the government fucked around and did not have a plan ready to roll out. What the hell do they expect. They could be raking it in, but, noooooo.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
No Cuts but I'll be vending beans Saturday at The Mass Harvest Cup.
picture.php

https://theharvestcup.org/

December 16th and 17th at Worcester DCU Center
Saturday 11 AM – 8 PM, and Sunday 11 AM – 5 PM
(a 21 and older, non-consumption event)

lots of bean vendors, I'll be at the Diamond Genetics Booth #1002

get those new releases, yo!

also in Jan a new adult use Gene Traders event, no med card needed.

I'll have clones and beans there.
picture.php

I was pretty disappointed when I went to the last Gene Traders event. I drove an hour and a half to get there it was 25$ at the door, they only have maybe 4 or 5 booths and everyone was charging 50$ per clone for the most part...nothing really elite either.

I'd like to find some people who are actually just looking to share genetics with each other.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sometimes grower$ who do it for a living need 20 clones to fill their room and are quite overjoyed & happy to get real elites @ $50 a pop ...its not crazy for them , its good business ....

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It really makes sense to get them from somebody you know and that person has rep.
I've seen bogus clones at some of these 'events'. It's a jungle out there......

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I was pretty disappointed when I went to the last Gene Traders event. I drove an hour and a half to get there it was 25$ at the door, they only have maybe 4 or 5 booths and everyone was charging 50$ per clone for the most part...nothing really elite either.

I'd like to find some people who are actually just looking to share genetics with each other.

Me Too! I'm looking for inexperienced growers hopefully that have untreated pest issues...

50 bucks a clone?! Lol, that's crazy...

OP

compared to what? $6 seeds, $15 seeds, $50 seeds? free seeds?

high CBD hemp clones were $7.50 near me this spring and they were selling thousands, poor heath too.

for a while under prop 215 grey market clones in Cali were $14 bucks in stores there and usually healthy and elite. you could buy 99 at a time.

now only 6 per day and Wonderland is only open by appt.

closest clone store to the east coast is in Mich and elites are $50-$125 there.

I dream about the day when I no longer have to keep moms and can go to a shop and buy the cuts I want to run but the reality of that ever happening is about zero.

the reality is that most of the growers who want to score an elite cut are not yet at the skill level to keep one healthy enough to propagate for any length of time.

there are not enough buyers of clones in Mass to make events like GeneTraders work, AND they are not legal.

I have not heard of any dispensaries vending clones in Mass yet.

When I moved to Mass a few years ago commercial growers there were charging each other 1K or more for legit elites.

free is a really nice way to get elite cuts but that's pretty rare unless you hold something that others want to trade for.

interesting that these bigger events like Harvest cup and cannacon will allow seeds sales which are also illegal but not clone sales.

I'm coming back to spend the winter in Mass and I'm going to do a couple of events if anythings happening.

I have a really nice selection of gear at the moment.:biggrin:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Me Too! I'm looking for inexperienced growers hopefully that have untreated pest issues...

compared to what? $6 seeds, $15 seeds, $50 seeds? free seeds?

high CBD hemp clones were $7.50 near me this spring and they were selling thousands, poor heath too.

for a while under prop 215 grey market clones in Cali were $14 bucks in stores there and usually healthy and elite. you could buy 99 at a time.

now only 6 per day and Wonderland is only open by appt.

I dream about the day when I no longer have to keep moms and can go to a shop and buy the cuts I want to run but the reality of that ever happening is about zero.

the reality is that most of the growers who want to score an elite cut are not yet at the skill level to keep one healthy enough to propagate for any length of time.

there are not enough buyers of clones in Mass to make events like GeneTraders work, AND they are not legal.

When I moved to Mass a few years ago commercial growers there were charging each other 1K or more for legit elites.

free is a really nice way to get elite cuts but that's pretty rare unless you hold something that others want to trade for.

interesting that these bigger events like Harvest cup and cannacon will allow seeds sales which are also illegal but not clone sales.

I'm coming back to spend the winter in Mass and I'm going to do a couple of events if anythings happening.

After reading your post, I can understand paying 50 bucks a clone for an elite to mother out. I'm from the old days of overgrow(rip)..We would share clones nationwide or just help newbies out with super genes. I'm sure the prices for cuts should smooth out in Mass soon...

OP

marmarb

Shit I just got 5 of the sorriest looking clones today from the organic cup chem 91 aj sour diesel slurricane ix and grape stomper og for 150 I'm almost tempted to toss them out.

Shit I just got 5 of the sorriest looking clones today from the organic cup chem 91 aj sour diesel slurricane ix and grape stomper og for 150 I'm almost tempted to toss them out.

Dang man that's a shame sorry to hear that, so many people up here just looking to cash in.

CaptainDankness

Hopefully that will be changing very soon, I talked to a dispensary in Maine that sells clone onlys and they said that they should be able to sell them recreationally by the end of the year. Of course I still haven't heard shit about the recreational sales in Maine. The prices where not bad they averaged about $20 each and did have elites, though there was a shop asking about $150 for Gelato (33 I believe)

Really even at $150 it's not too obsurd of a price as I could make my money back really quick at $20 a clone, which will be happening regularly even if I have to start my own clone only business. Lol