What's new

Crinkle strain • looking for info

I have some crinkle seeds that were gifted to me. Can anyone provide some info on this strain? I have been told it is an ontario strain

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
well in the past week there was other threads started about this, maybe you should try the search button

P

powerrobbie

I have grown this strain it is a local ontario CLONE ONLY that has been in ontario for many years. It is apparently popular amongst a certain biker gang here, I'm sure you can guess which one. I believe it is a hash plant cross I absolutly LOVED the smoke it was my favorite this year. Stays short and bushy with hashy buds covered in resin.Everyone I gave it to loves it as well it is very easy to grow I had a few I just left in a feild with no food or water the whole year and they still turned out bomb. If you have seeds they must be S1's as it is clone only but I believe that you could have seeds because I did find a few selfed seeds in mine but very very little amounts in each plant they were hardly noticable.

cash4life

I was fucking with krinkle like 5-8 years ago heavy yield, super fast flower time like 50 days and at the time people preferred it to kush. I loved it but the market started lean towards kush and now thats all that people will pay the AAA prices for so its been harder to find but i still have a few moms of it just for my smoke. I was told years ago that it was a hashplant sugar shack cross.

cash4life

Hey if anyone knows more about the genetics id like to know, it is very reminiscent of the HA hashplant cut. But who knows the clone guys arnt always the most reliable when they tell you about the genetics.

P

powerrobbie

I already stated it is a well known biker gangs hash plant cross...Pretty obvious I was refering to HA. I LOVE the krinkle it had such amazing bag appeal, smell, awesome taste and the high was just a crazy knock out indica. I got top shelf prices for it but it really is a shame that I don't see it or any high potency awesome strains around anymore except kush. All everyone wants is kush, kush and more kush. I do love me some kush but jesus man there is SO many other good strains out there that no one grows anymore because it doesn't fetch as high of a price as kush. Don't people ever get bored of that makes ya stupid knocked out kush high? I like the high that certain other strains give me much more than kush. I plan to grow the krinkle again outside this year as it was so popular for me last harvest.

gtgio

Yeah, I don't really understand the whole kush craze...But I guess many people have never smoked anything other than heavy indicas, thats all there really is in many commercial markets

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
to be taken with a grain of salt...tried a bag labelled krinkle kush (krinklexpurple kush) buds were imo immature and not flushed enough. it also yielded me a couple of seeds from a hq bag. the buzz was ok but short lived and i really didnt detect anything that resembled kush in my professional opinion. if it is in fact krinkle, i cant say i was really impressed. the buzz was nice but kinda one dimensional.

gtgio

to be taken with a grain of salt...tried a bag labelled krinkle kush (krinklexpurple kush) buds were imo immature and not flushed enough. it also yielded me a couple of seeds from a hq bag. the buzz was ok but short lived and i really didnt detect anything that resembled kush in my professional opinion. if it is in fact krinkle, i cant say i was really impressed. the buzz was nice but kinda one dimensional.

well like you said it was cut early, hopefully you can grow it out and see what its capable of :tiphat:

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
ya i dont think it was a good representation of this strain if indeed it is crinkle. i do plan on popping the beans and giving it a spin. most commercial strains are not an acurate example of the potential of the strain. it is usual grown fast and sent on its way asap. grown properly almost any strain can be coaxed into greatness.....