What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Could Willie Nelson do for marijuana what Ray Kroc did for hamburgers?

Sforza

Veteran
I will say this, my first reaction was, does he really need the money?

He had some bad managers and the IRS took everything he had.

He also
don't give a damn about a greenback a dollar
Spend it fast as he can
For a Waylon song and a good guitar
The only things that he understand, oh boy
The only things that he understand

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Willie nelson is a great guy it just he is no surprise to main stream america and the world to be an advocate for cannabis.Its like snoop dog changing peoples minds.
Some one like Rick Steves and others out of left field who support both medical and recreational use.20/20 and other shows that preview families fighting for there childrens life's way heavy on the hearts of people to vote for legalization for state and maybe federal one day. Republicans will stop federal legalization with all they have.

I just worry about what we end up with.

Sforza

Veteran
View Image
Willie ...now an aged dinosaur, ...dude rollover!! make room for a nicer better looking replacement, perhaps one who can actually sing, and even entertain

wiki:
Birth name Willie Hugh Nelson
Born April 29, 1933 (age 81)
Abbott, Texas, United States
Genres Country, rock, pop
Occupation(s) Musician, songwriter, producer, actor, activist, singer
Instruments Vocals, guitar
Years active 1956–present
Labels Liberty, RCA, Atlantic, Columbia, Island, Justice Records, Lost Highway Legacy Recordings
Associated acts Waylon Jennings, The Highwaymen, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard
Website www.willienelson.com

Yes, he is old. That just goes to show that smoking dope doesn't harm your health.

He is quite the entertainer.

I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OJWw07oPAE

Mishka with Willie singing Homegrown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qU-Kd_-lY

Sforza

Veteran
Republicans will stop federal legalization with all they have.

What has Obama, the leader of the Choom Gang, done to move federal legalization or even remove it from being a Schedule I drug?

I bet Rand Paul would do more to legalize Ganja than Obama or Clinton ever would.

Sforza

Veteran
150420161002-willies-reserve-780x439.jpg

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless Willie is a breeder with his own varieties this is about branding just like the Marley family is doing. I am not saying the weed will be good or not, that is not my point, this is an endorsement like stars used to do for cigarettes not because they preferred a product but because they get money to say they like the varieties he likes. Willie may well only endorse brands he prefers, that would be better, but he could do the same in an interview for free, and people can find it. This is about money, not that the pursuit of money is always bad, but gee wizz, Willie weed, that just sounds silly.
I would rather he make money from Cannabis then many of the johnny come lately's to the Cannabis world. We will see what happens, maybe I need to come out with a branded Cannabis like SamS Dry Sift Resin Heads, so clean it melts thru the screen and in your mind.
Just silly, I will do it for sure for the right price....
Any bidders?
-SamS

doesn't sound silly to me especially if you are in charge of staffing and production protocol!

my thoughts exactly, I typically ask one question... where is the value added?

its like renaming cuts to brand your own herb as a grower... you could grow a cultivar to perfection but it doesnt change the cultivar.

if he had breeders working for him and was in charge of quality control in terms of genotype cultivation that would be something I could respect.

as far as the marley's I personally feel a bit disgusted by that, not that I doubt bob would be into entering the industry... I'm sure he would do it differently and do more than just sell his name to commercial producers that will brand who knows what type of cultivars (most likely just common, public domain, clone only varieties)... if his kids mess this up it could totally tarnish his legacy... I'd still enjoy his music regardless, but will not care about supporting his family legacy by purchasing legit music and merch as opposed to knock offs.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Know someone that knows 'his grower' in Austin, TX area. Quality, not quantity, or so reports go.

I bet Rand Paul would do more to legalize Ganja than Obama or Clinton ever would.

Now that's a scary thought! Gulp!

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I hear so much syndicated republican radio every day with nothing but cannabis lies. Obama has not changed any thing federally but state wide things have changed in a major way.
Rand Paul is not a viable president,but he is anti federal government.

Cannabis has to take the same course as gay marriage witch was passed just recently.

Congress and the house of Representative is controlled by the republican party.Hard to make positive Federal cannabis change:)

Latest posts

Latest posts