What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Could Willie Nelson do for marijuana what Ray Kroc did for hamburgers?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't read the article for some reason...

Anyway...
Why do we need celebrities vouching for this plant?
I think there is more virtue in these plants than any human could ever show.

But... in the end... I hope Willy is working with his favorite breed, Vietnam Black (by my understanding).

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I will say this, my first reaction was, does he really need the money?

I can see your getting your own favorite strains out there especially if they are unique but stores and market share mindsets are a bit too capitalistic for me.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I will say this, my first reaction was, does he really need the money?

I can see your getting your own favorite strains out there especially if they are unique but stores and market share mindsets are a bit too capitalistic for me.

Willie aint doing this for money. he has always been a cannabis activist. when his house caught fire a few years back, Willie drove home from the local bar he was playing at, fought his way through the firemen, and rescued his guitar case from the inferno. media thought it was cool that Willie saved his guitar. nope, the case had 2 1/2 lb of some of the best weed in the world in it...:biggrin:

vostok

Veteran
220px-Willie_Nelson_at_Farm_Aid_2009_-_Cropped.jpg

Willie ...now an aged dinosaur, ...dude rollover!! make room for a nicer better looking replacement, perhaps one who can actually sing, and even entertain

wiki:
Birth name Willie Hugh Nelson
Born April 29, 1933 (age 81)
Abbott, Texas, United States
Genres Country, rock, pop
Occupation(s) Musician, songwriter, producer, actor, activist, singer
Instruments Vocals, guitar
Years active 1956–present
Labels Liberty, RCA, Atlantic, Columbia, Island, Justice Records, Lost Highway Legacy Recordings
Associated acts Waylon Jennings, The Highwaymen, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard
Website www.willienelson.com

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Willie ...now an aged dinosaur, ...dude rollover!! make room for a nicer better looking replacement, perhaps one who can actually sing, and even entertain.

when Willie is gone, there aint gonna be a replacement. he is the only man alive that can get arrested for possession, and when they take him in, other police officers show up to ask for autographs. a true living legend..:woohoo: his roadies got popped in georgia or south carolina on his tour bus a year or so back for weed. Willie told the cops it was his pot, canceled the concert, and almost got the chief of police fired for fucking with him, LOL! Willie, you are the MAN!:dance013:

MountZionCollec

I agree wierd

Purely about money, pretty funny people think otherwise. Just traditional old celebrity branding. Gauruntee Ol' boy is mostly just a face...really it's quite sad, at least the Marleys waited until Bob was dead to link of up rich Capitalists to exploit his life's work and reduce it to a $$brand$$

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Unless Willie is a breeder with his own varieties this is about branding just like the Marley family is doing. I am not saying the weed will be good or not, that is not my point, this is an endorsement like stars used to do for cigarettes not because they preferred a product but because they get money to say they like the varieties he likes. Willie may well only endorse brands he prefers, that would be better, but he could do the same in an interview for free, and people can find it. This is about money, not that the pursuit of money is always bad, but gee wizz, Willie weed, that just sounds silly.
I would rather he make money from Cannabis then many of the johnny come lately's to the Cannabis world. We will see what happens, maybe I need to come out with a branded Cannabis like SamS Dry Sift Resin Heads, so clean it melts thru the screen and in your mind.
Just silly, I will do it for sure for the right price....
Any bidders?
-SamS

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
a lot of folks are in it for the money...including quite a few here..i don't care what someones motivation is really I aint a hater...yeehaw...smoke em if ya got em

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Willie will have some influence, but won't be the mainstay.

Too many "mom & pop" growers, cultivators, etc. Thank goodness for diversity!

Thurston Howell

Until the dust settles on this new changing legal landscape, I think we'll see all sorts of strange marketing ideas popping up. Where there's new money flowing in, there will be entrepreneurs trying for a piece of the pie. At this point we don't know for sure how far legalization will go, or what the effect of corporate weed farms and private enterprise will have on us. Who knows, maybe we'll see a chain of Rent-A-Bong outlets coming soon!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Could Willie Nelson do for marijuana what Ray Kroc did for hamburgers?

lord! I hope not.

I remember when those burgers tasted good...they didn't last long.
now they last long but don't taste good.

Willie don't know me, but he's been a friend of mine, so I wish him well.

Latest posts

Latest posts