What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cosmicgiggles - best wishes for the flooding

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Just saw people are stuck with no electricity, internet, food etc. Ambulances can't reach the wounded or get stuck in the water. People are dying.Really devastating.😢
One thing I can say is that I began to understand the severety of the situation when I heard the "new" sounds.
I couldn't see what was happening at the base of my hill, but that's right where the firehouse, ambulance and PoPo are located and it was 8 days of almost continuous sirens. And all headed in the same direction, towards the nearby Swannanoa River and I40.

Can't forget the steady sounds of Fema choppers and prop planes flying right over my house.

....... but, there is one thing no one wants to mention yet, and that's the large population of homeless people camping out along the banks of the Swannaoa and I40 bridges during this time of year. It's still warm enough for them to have still been there..

................ bodies are being 'recovered' in piles of mud, rubble and debri. :sick:

Latest posts

Latest posts