What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Corporate Cannabis coup to begin in Ohio?

t99

Veteran
corporate money grab disguised as compassion. No home growing allowed. Hope people don't pass it, or this may become the model for federal legalization. You can brew your own beer, distill small amounts of alcohol, harvest ginseng, etc, but not your own weed.

dddaver

Veteran
Still I personally think the "no grow" mmj law up for vote in FL is different. It is the deep south. It is a step. On theory I agree, but here it has more at stake and can be looked at as getting the ball rolling down 'heya.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
No, this is not the direction we want. Any law that takes away the right to grow is a step in the wrong direction. I expected more from a person reppin the "Dude".

I don't abide.

No grow laws are all about greed, and should be voted no on period.

:spank:

dddaver

Veteran
Agree to disagree. But ummm, until you have seen people charged with a FELONY for possessing just 21 grams, then you don't realize how bad it is here. Do you know what a felony charge can do to ruin someone's life? At Least this bill coming up for vote is something and is a HUGE step for the deep south. Like I said, in theory, I would agree with you. And me and most people who do grow I'm sure will continue whatever the gov't says. But here, the reality doesn't fit the ideas of people on the sidelines saying what they think should happen. Therefore ummm, say whatever you want.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Agree to disagree. But ummm, until you have seen people charged with a FELONY for possessing just 21 grams, then you don't realize how bad it is here. Do you know what a felony charge can do to ruin someone's life? At Least this bill coming up for vote is something and is a HUGE step for the deep south. Like I said, in theory, I would agree with you. And me and most people who do grow I'm sure will continue whatever the gov't says. But here, the reality doesn't fit the ideas of people on the sidelines saying what they think should happen. Therefore ummm, say whatever you want.

Well put brother.

I'm just on the view of don't put laws out that give the wrong people power over the plant.

Free the plant!

Carry on.

dddaver

Veteran
Thanks man, very gracious of you. But I think I was kinda confusing the issue. The vote in FL is for a strictly medical thing, not legalization. I think the other laws remain all the same anyway and the mj users in FL will still be screwed, no matter what happens in Nov.

I totally agree with you about any legalization vote too. I see any "no grow" stipulation as nothing more than trying to control the market and limit personal freedoms. Just after them bucks.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Still I personally think the "no grow" mmj law up for vote in FL is different. It is the deep south. It is a step. On theory I agree, but here it has more at stake and can be looked at as getting the ball rolling down 'heya.

And the enormous FL Prison-for-Profit complex then continues its' reign, as well as lucrative Asset Forfeiture. I understand your viewpoint, but it is a drag regardless to see LEO continue its; rampage.

dddaver

Veteran
Again, while I understand your viewpoint, and totally agree, we are talking about a totally different thing here. I made the mistake of lumping all cannabis legislation into that single grow no grow issue. This one in FL is very different.

We are talking here about medical, and only that. This is about granting access to sick people to get the medicines they desperately need, not about the larger issue of legalization or the failed drug war and the industrial prison system.

No cannabis laws will actually change in FL, only that medical one. Legalization and freedom to choose are a seperate fight.

But in reality, after medical access is granted, and people can see what a non-issue all this is and learn more all the harms and far reaching devastation prohibition has had, then that issue can be better be addressed with open eyes. And I think all that will happen relatively quickly, compared to the last 80 years.

The wheels of true justice turn agonizingly slowly. We need to accept that until we can see any real change.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Florida will of course go medical for the masses. Maybe not immediately, but it'll happen, if the election goes past the 60% marker. It's all good. But growers are always gonna be completely offended by "No Grow" legislation, because it cuts them out, and maintains them as "Criminals." which sucks in a legal Medical marijuana Climate to be still in the Black Market, so to speak.

But, yes, in the Deep South, baby steps may be all that can be hoped for.