What's new

Corinto, The Landrace Team Seeds/ Colombian Landraces

BigNasty

Hey guys new to the thread, nice to met you all, I got a pack of Corinto seeds from The Landrace Team Seeds, was looking for something strong, hopefully they live up to what it says, if any one has grown these I'd like to know your opinion on these, this or any other Colombians Marta Gold, Colombian Gold, Punto Rojo, Colombian Black, Colombian Red Hair, hear the stuff from the 70's was some strong stuff back in the day. :smokeit:

IMG_6247.jpg

Only had a 50% germ rate, but healthy girls
IMG_6676.jpg

here they are again but in transplanted in 15 gal pot

BigNasty

This is what they say on their website:

Corinto
Genetics: Corinto Cauca Valley (Cauca department, S.W. Colombia)
Latitude: 3° N
Elevation: 1000 m.a.s.l.
Veg: 13-15 weeks
Flowering: 12-16 weeks
Aromas: lemon peel,cumin,fruits,paprika,tangerine
Effects: devastating, long lasting, psychoactive
Yield: high
Phenotypes: 8
Characteristics: vigorous,pest and disease resistant. Dark purple phenos
Grow type: outdoor, greenhouse, indoors

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian Red from the seventies had a sedation to it like a modern hybrid and it was strong for that time period. Never had the Punto Rojo back then but from 2 plants from TLT and one from ACE, it is strong but lacking euphoria or trip. Not interesting so far.

The Corinto even has flashback effects the next day like I feel high. I do not want you to get too excited by my experiences but they are true to what happened for me. Different brains can get different results. I grow under white LED placed real close to the plants, which are never more than 18 inches tall from bending. Intense light is something that these plants need imo. I have fried the top of one of the plants from it touching the LED, that is how close I have the light. I have lifted it a couple inches from the top of the canopy at this point, 4 inches at the most?

If the plants are 3 feet tall, no light is going to blast the lower or mid flowers. You will get maybe 10 inches of good penetration with most lights and that is if the light is almost touching the plants tops. Most people do not keep the plants real short and have the lights a foot or more above the tops. Do yourself a favor and no blurple or hps lights. Higher kelvin white light. I had these under about a 4000 Kelvin Spiderfarmer LED and also have some 5000 Kelvin house lights I chopped the bulb off of for the other plants I am growing. Little 17 watt lights but placed super close to the top of the plants which are never taller than 18 inches.

I had Colombian Gold back in '79, like caffeine with a bit of trip to it. hehe Not my thing and it was real CG and of higher quality. Little white seeds, incense smell, not dried out or moldy, good stuff. The CG I grew out of USC '72 seeds was better really. Not as strong as this Corinto though.

Lugo

Veteran
Its funny how on the TLT description they tell you everything (including that there are 8 phenos lol) except wether its an 'indica' or a 'sativa', apparently there is some confusion to that from what i'm reading here. The description being offered doesn't make much sense either and i've smoked pounds of the stuff over many years.

Considering the large size of the grows in Cauca I can promise you no one is working from seed. The continuous output of constant high quality flower (year after year) demands other methodologies and techniques that i'll leave to your imagination. Not to say that its impossible to find seed but you'd have to go through quite a bit of flower to find it. The only varieties of Corinto I have seen outside of Colombia have all been crosses too.

This is one of my regular smokes and yes it is powerful and no its not from the 70's or 80's.

@yesum I'd love to see your Corinto plants and flowers! What is your grow style? When did you come across this cultivar? I'd love to hear about this "flashback" effect you mentioned!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1681221410669.jpg
    FB_IMG_1681221410669.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 239
  • FB_IMG_1681221273602.jpg
    FB_IMG_1681221273602.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 237

Lugo

Veteran
Hey guys new to the thread, nice to met you all, I got a pack of Corinto seeds from The Landrace Team Seeds, was looking for something strong, hopefully they live up to what it says, if any one has grown these I'd like to know your opinion on these, this or any other Colombians Marta Gold, Colombian Gold, Punto Rojo, Colombian Black, Colombian Red Hair, hear the stuff from the 70's was some strong stuff back in the day. :smokeit:

View attachment 18825774
Only had a 50% germ rate, but healthy girls
View attachment 18825775
here they are again but in transplanted in 15 gal pot
It definetely looks like it

Rgd

Veteran
Colombian Red from the seventies had a sedation to it like a modern hybrid and it was strong for that time period.
totally agree ...have some now.. grew it more than few times...beautiful sativa..too much sedation for me..

not gone through the the pheno search hoping for one with the the power but not sedation

..I moved on

I await it your finished Corinto report

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, thanks for the info Lugo. I wondered why I never heard of this line in the seventies, because it was never there eh?

Ok, it might not be a pure sativa but the effect is that to me anyways. The growth of the plants is not very indica to me. I had the romantic notion that this was a really old line that I missed somehow during the seventies.

At any rate, there is no crash or sedation with this yet. I have not gone thru all the plants but from two there is no clear indica feeling to it. These are at 62 days flower at 9/15 lights on and Spiderfarmer 100 watt LED is 2 to 4 inches over them. Lots of bending at multiple points on the stem. I 'topped' the one in the foreground center with two top buds. It used to have one, hehe. That is how I got the smoke report early. It is easy to snap the stem if you are in a hurry.
100_0127.JPG
100_0128.JPG

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is supposed to an old line and not available now. Not sure if it is different than what Lugo has been smoking or not. His stuff varies too I take it. At any rate, it kicks like a mule and feels sativa in effect. Like a glowing ember in my head.

Matured and cured could be something else again but I think I have experienced the main effects already. The first plant was better than the second as it was more clear and up. Both were strong as hell. I can trip on this with enough smoked and tolerance down.

This creeps it takes around 10? minutes to fully hit. Supposed to be a sign of genuine Colombian smoke. I can not recall during the seventies if it crept like that, too long ago. I do however recall the effects once it hit. Smell is indelibly embedded in my hippocampus as well. I was not raped btw.

BigNasty

Alright guys just wanted to come back and update you guys while I'm able to! since the last post I've just been regularly feeding my plants, and now just transplanted the 5 plants into a 25 gal pot their last home for the summer, I wont lie transplanting a 15 gal is not easy and I do not recommend unless the plants root has full has a grip on the soil, luckily mine held on but I wont be doing that again not worth the damage, but here are some photos of the 5 phenos in their new home a few days later! sexes are still unidentified

IMG-6852.jpg
IMG-6853.jpg
IMG-6854.jpg
IMG-6855.jpg
IMG-6850 (1).jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0172.JPG
100_0173.JPG
100_0174.JPG

These are two Corinto at chop, 86 days. They could have gone longer but they smoke great already. I do not know if they would have turned purple with time but none have any purple that I can see. Five plants.

I have lots of seeds from the plants so I can do this again. I am trying to reveg the two in the pics as they were my favorite, also another one that had super skinny leaves because. The one with two buds at the top was the best, I accidentally topped it bending the top. hehe

BigNasty

View attachment 18838730 View attachment 18838731 View attachment 18838732

These are two Corinto at chop, 86 days. They could have gone longer but they smoke great already. I do not know if they would have turned purple with time but none have any purple that I can see. Five plants.

I have lots of seeds from the plants so I can do this again. I am trying to reveg the two in the pics as they were my favorite, also another one that had super skinny leaves because. The one with two buds at the top was the best, I accidentally topped it bending the top. hehe

your buds look sticky and oozing with resin!! id hope mine come out like that :bow:

got any photos of it while in grow??

Lugo

Veteran

So many variables in judging plants. Here is some authentic Corinto Diesel for comparison

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1653056769847.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653056769847.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Lugo

Veteran
This is a pic of a Corinto Diesel x I-95 cross grown by a friend and although it is a cross, the structure is pure Corinto. Corinto is a very meaty, compact flower. Has a classic 2 tier structure, main cola and a skirt of tops. Hope you dont mind me chiming in!

Attachments

• received_2624321321038989.jpeg
    received_2624321321038989.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 115

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
your buds look sticky and oozing with resin!! id hope mine come out like that :bow:

got any photos of it while in grow??
All the pics are already shown here. This line will kick your ass, do not worry. Fair bit of euphoria can happen, and if not smoked for a while and then you hit it hard, it can get trippy, like a sensory overload feeling.

I accept Lugo's assessment of this not being a genuine Corinto. However, it is super sativa and could have gone I think 100 days or more in flower, so not at all a indica type or typical hybrid, like Super Silver Haze. Bottom line is this kicks my ass into orbit and then a gentle landing after. Good enough for me I guess.