What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cool Shit, 2 plants spliced together?

I

IwannagethighOG

I remember budgreenleaf, I think it was him had some worled phylotaxy shots of his Bluexnl on Overgrow. Damn I wish I still had that shot. It was like an octopuse.

JohnBudd

Here are some more pics. Sam The Skunkman has seen about 10 million more plants than myself, and until I hear from someone more knowledgeable than him on the subject(doubtful), its what he says.
But I hope Sam and others can take a look at these photo's. Possible with different views, will get different opinions.
Happy Hanukaah my friends!

G

What i observed was more like what Sam described, a single plant which would split it's self like the photos show.

I would say one of the clones you attemped in the ezcloner had this trait, and this is what your observing.

Now, I am in no way saying that I am as smart as the Skunk man, just stating my opinion

Last edited:
G

Guest 315072

I have seen it many times. What I saw was not two plants fused together, it was one plant where the main stem flattened out and may or may not split.
It is called faciation, I have seen it many many times. I have a clone of one, it grows normal until a few feet tall then the main stock flattens out, I have grown them 10 feet tall, I still have the flatened out 10 foot stem. To maintain the clone just take any non-faciated branch and clone it, grow it out and it will flatten out. It offers no benefit as the buds are not as good, smaller bracts, less resin etc.
I have never seen a male plant do it. Unlike whorled phyllotaxy with three stems instead of two on the main stock, they seem to be linked with males mostly.
-SamS

actually had a male pure afghan that did that.. about 12-18 inch it flattened the stem and started to grow really bushey and wierd.. i ended up gettng 1 clone to root.. and kept that just incase i wana use it .. i havent found any info on males.. if they are worth breeding with or not..

BudGreenleaf

Sorry, Hopefully these will post properly this time.
It's been a LONG time.
xenIm,jNm3w

xenIm,jNm3w

BudGreenleaf

I should add this was around day 35 of flowering on the picture of the octopus (my name for it was "the stump"). The main stem got a lot bigger and the plant ended up yielding over a pound. The buds were extremely dense but subject to moisture problems at the center of the main colas.
Here is one of the colas at 42 days.
http://imgur.com/i5OAI
i5OAI