What's new

Converting mp4 and other formats for DVD player - free software ??

Cuddles

Hey guys,
I´ve been wanting to make turn some of my downloaded videos into normal DVDs so they can be played in regular DVD players. I´ve tried before but didn´t have much luck.

I would really like to make some DVDs to give to my parents when I visit them at christmas. :)

I googled again just now and there is free software available but I´ve no idea which one to try. Which ones do you use?
And also which (free) DVD burner should I use and how, speed etc? Sadly I don´t have much experience with burning

I am grateful for any recommendations!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey guys,
I´ve been wanting to make turn some of my downloaded videos into normal DVDs so they can be played in regular DVD players. I´ve tried before but didn´t have much luck.

I would really like to make some DVDs to give to my parents when I visit them at christmas. :)

I googled again just now and there is free software available but I´ve no idea which one to try. Which ones do you use?
And also which (free) DVD burner should I use and how, speed etc? Sadly I don´t have much experience with burning

I am grateful for any recommendations!
You should have a DVD burner on your computer.

Cuddles

i think ive been using nero software 20 years ago, you could burn a dvd from most file formats.
Nero is good but sadly not free as far as I recall :( And I´m not sure it can convert the mp4 and avi files so they can be played in a regular dvd player. or can they? that would be great ! :)

Cuddles

CloneDvD, Nero, CDBurnerXP, DVDStyler
I have the CDBurnerXP but not too sure about it. Which setting and speed are you meant to use for video dvds? I have to idea which ones will play in a regular and older DVD payer, lol. I don´t even own one myself

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
when he have USB Plug at DvD player its easier to try as burnig DvD at those days

Convert and copie to USB Stick & then playing it over DvD player

Piecho

I have the CDBurnerXP but not too sure about it. Which setting and speed are you meant to use for video dvds? I have to idea which ones will play in a regular and older DVD payer, lol. I don´t even own one myself
Try to create VideoDVD in CDBurnerXP, set speed to x2-x4 and should be fine : )
If not, look for tutorilas for this software if you look for free one.

Cuddles

Try to create VideoDVD in CDBurnerXP, set speed to x2-x4 and should be fine : )
If not, look for tutorilas for this software if you look for free one.
thanks :) Now I have to find a free file converter software . I downloaded one yesterday but it kept crashing my computer and I had to deinstall it :(
Perhaps I´ll need to use an online service...

Latest posts

Latest posts