What's new

Cold temps affect female rates.

VortexPower420

Veteran
So I was wondering if cold temps in the veg room would affect seedlings tendency to go male. I have some 3 pineapple express and 2 casey jones seedlings, I think 2 PE are males and one casey. I guess not the worst, I would love to chuck some pollen on my Chemd or Original diesel. Chemd x casey jones would be awesome. Anyway just wondering if i encouraged them to be boys
Thanks
Timbuktu

DeoXy

I could see it affecting growth rates(slow down) but not really influencing sex/gender.. I've had both cold/cool (55-60's F) temps and rather warm (80+F) in veg before and have usually gotten the same 50/50'ish m/f ratio sometimes getting more females or males.. its completely random in my experience.. more of the luck of the draw.. have gotten 9-10/10 Females before under both conditions depending on time of year/outside temps.. so I personally don't see no connection.

I have also heard things about lighting types used during certain stages might affect m/f ratio but I don't know how true those statements are.. don't try and fix what isn't broken IMO to get some magical result unless you have time to experiment & are open to the possibilities of disappointment on methods that are not proven.. just my .2cents.. GL!

BTW ChemD x Casey sounds killer.. let me know how that goes:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts