What's new

cohiba "mom" of white widow?

idiit

Veteran
^ update: the narrow leaf silver cloud got herself a fine cure. smoked last night again. good smoke but nothing super duper. enjoyable high. some limited psychoactivity. had a nice evening high effects wise.

it appears that there are different phenos potency and high effect wise. I still believe that cohiba could be one of ww parents. there were three cohibas; Paraguay, Brazil and Colombo iirc. I am still interested in cohiba and the new cmh 315 light tech is making it much easier and faster to test out the landrace sativas.

ctg

Veteran
Those buds are a thing of beauty idiit!
I just put some cohiba x a13 in germ. Hope it's stellar.
-ct-

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
used a Cohiba male onto a beautiful X13/Thai female.............call her the Sun Sweet.........great high, good vigor, citrus taste, and a winner outdoors.............

X13 = A13/G13

ganj on...............

was nice infos by charlie garcia "kaiki" about jamaican blue mountain 85

i grew it myself ,because i was part of vibes collective for the landraces preservations .

fantastic strain .very close but in pure form of marley's collie from sensi seeds .

Nannymouse

Four newcohiba x Ganesh(mandala) are now sexing. I gave the cohibas to a guy to grow out, so am not personally able to vouch for the Ganesh side of the family, but no reason to doubt the guy's honesty...only that he was running several mandala crosses at the same time. However, his work with KongHaze x 8mileshigh certainly fit the description (holy cow the fresh terps are nice on those) Was glad to get seeds, anyway.

Would love to have the NewCohiba back to play with, someday.

It is good to see so many peoples here. I nearly cry every time is see posts from Clips. I did not know that preservationdude had passed.

I really hope that someone somewhere is putting together a book about the Collective and their work, lineages and descriptions included. Do not let the stories disappear!

DozerFarms

I wonder if those beans are at all related to the strain I sent to various growers in North America 13 years ago, and if they are, how the intervening crosses and/or phenotype selection have impacted high and growing habit.
Do you happen to still be around? And does this pure cohiba you had or where working at one time still exist? Are there seeds around to play with? The reason i ask os because i was gifted a pack of seeds labeled Mexi - Col (Barra Cohiba) in doing some research the Mexican Was Barra Crinkle made by RC Colas and the Col was called Cohiba. Im coming to find out that maybe the cohiba wasnt of colombian lineage or maybe it was a col leaning pheno of the cohiba. Its all a mystery as the person who gifted me this pack passed suddenly (rip stoney) some may know of him he was a fairly new online friend and we just clicked and instantly had lots to talk about and i sure do miss our chats. Anyrate back to the subject, im trying to get some answers to what im growing i only had 10 seeds 6/10 popped and i got 5 females and 1 male. I was hoping for more males to further the diversity but luckily there is some good diversity in the females and the male is very promising and not straggly at all. I am making more seeds of these obviously as i can no longer get this work and the only way to keep it is by preserving it, but i have this one wild female in the lot thats causing me to find this article and do some digging because she just seems so different and special. Seems that prayer i asked stoney at the start of this project was answer and he blessed me with this lady. Id love to grow the cohiba pure against the hybrid to see the similarities, and to answer your question if stoney had your cohiba which i do believe it came from a private source(private club/group) than yea the people in NA did use it and now im furthering it.

Below is the special momma im referring to we are late july and just heading into flower, some of the other phenos are further along than this one. Any help appreciated if you see something that makes this plant look like Cohiba plz let me know as this is the side im trying to go down when i go further into this strain!

IMG_0167.jpeg
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0169.jpeg
IMG_0170.jpeg
IMG_0171.jpeg

I can get more pics of the lot as well as this mom but she is the only one with the thin thin leaves and more wild type nodes most are more tight and 45 nodal growth! Some of the pics you can see her sister which goes have the purple streaking like what was spoken on in earlier posts!

God Bless
Stay Growing
Keep it Humble
Dozer

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
That Cohiba is very elusive, sought after and could find only few threads or descriptions.
I wish that some one could have some input to this.
Scai, a friend is running some Cohiba right now indoors and this summer moving her outside in my greenhouse. I believe they're the Brazilian genotype.

I will post some pictures of these genetics and others this summer.
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts