What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

CO2- toxic?

I Care

your veg room may be phosphorous deficient

almost forgit the link

NickHardy

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

Ignoring that we have a Mars FC6500 out at the moment, they're sending a new driver that popped, we run these of like 80KG Co2 tanks via an Inkbird controller - actually two, one upstairs, one downstairs.

We use EC, Dutch P at the low end, 2.6-2.8 even when we run Co2 - Bugbee says can be 3.0, we've run it higher and got bigger buds, but bigger buds mean a whole bunch of other problems and so we don't invite those. Particularly in some of the tents that share AC's - we're in the tropics, doesn't get cooler at night and Rh is a PITA - Coco - temp anything up to 34c if AC no bueno, this room we are aiming in flower for 1.8VPD during lights on, flower? Soon we'll start dropping it, dryer and cooler.

If the gas runs out we take no action. If we get a spike of Co2 who cares? We run the Co2 at 1,300 PPM - 5,000 PPM will make a person feel like they're tired and have a big headache. Its dangerous stuff. Plants? They just don't utilise it. Ok - got too much. You have to get up to like 25,000 PPM Co2 to hurt a plant - by which time you're already dead. Probably the whole street.

Looks like lack of N or is overwatering a possibility? I'm not totally clear your medium but what's the Ph of you feed? Also - CalMag, a good one at 4-0-0 that extra N if you're in Coco keeps 'em green.

Whatever it is it's not Co2 poisoning though. Please be careful with however you're delivering it - dangerous stuff.

Nick

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello,

last 7 rounds have trouble with yellowing during flowering time. All big leaves yellowing. What is the possibility that it causes too much CO2? I had 1000ppm-1200ppm set now. Can be problem with small light? Or low temperature?

My box: 4x8 or 120x240
My light: mars hydro fce 4800, have 3 this light in box so this is 1350watt

My Box for vegetation also looks very bad

Sorry for bad English.
You probably need more calcium and magnesium to match the high CO2 and high wattage.