What's new

Clones arrived large and beautiful, then dead within 18 hours

iTarzan

I wouldn't know if the proof of testing was legit. I don't know how hard it would be to fake that. Test one plant send another plant to the person with the other plant's certificate? I tend to take people at their word but do lots of watching before I would order something. I would stick to strains that were not super rare or expensive so nobody wants to rip you off on it. I have been into seeds lately. I started with seeds, went to clones and now back to seeds for a spell.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
If I were to buy clones on line I would purchase from BeLeaf, then I know I am getting fire and quality.
If I were rich, profiting from it, or commercial grower that would make sense. I am just hoping to die before I run out of money. I am now wondering with the seller that had all top shelf clones for reasonable price for hobbyist, that disappeared suddenly, whether he may have profited from sending out infected clones. The Chimera I got has what looks like pictures of Tobacco Mosaic Virus. Another seller sent out cuts loaded with 2 spot spider mites that are impossible to get rid of. In 1970's my friends mentioned how corporations make sure you can not get tobacco seeds. Would not put it past corporations to create and/or distribute viruses to wipe out non GMO cannabis that only they control. That is what corporate scum does.

iTarzan

BeLeaf is stupid expensive for his clones. And you don't know you will get fire and quality. There are mixed reviews on his flagship strains. There is a leap of faith around every corner in the pursuit of genetics.

Loc Dog

Veteran
BeLeaf is stupid expensive for his clones. And you don't know you will get fire and quality. There are mixed reviews on his flagship strains. There is a leap of faith around every corner in the pursuit of genetics.
People are charging crazy prices for strains that have not won Cannabis Cups. Some claiming 40% THC. The other I ran across was copy cat seeds. $2500 for 5 seeds. Then connected people get them for $50. I bought one clone of someones pick of 40 seeds (allegedly) Oreo Big Stuff,, and also sent a Rainbow MAC which is crazy fast grower. Will flower soon.

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I were rich, profiting from it, or commercial grower that would make sense. I am just hoping to die before I run out of money. I am now wondering with the seller that had all top shelf clones for reasonable price for hobbyist, that disappeared suddenly, whether he may have profited from sending out infected clones. The Chimera I got has what looks like pictures of Tobacco Mosaic Virus. Another seller sent out cuts loaded with 2 spot spider mites that are impossible to get rid of. In 1970's my friends mentioned how corporations make sure you can not get tobacco seeds. Would not put it past corporations to create and/or distribute viruses to wipe out non GMO cannabis that only they control. That is what corporate scum does.
Man that’s crazy, i honestly thought he would have top notch genetics considering he does colabs with In House Genetics. I don’t buy clones from someone I don’t know personally but if I did I felt I would buy from him. However, I prefer to pheno hunt from seeds and find my own unicorns.

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
People are charging crazy prices for strains that have not won Cannabis Cups. Some claiming 40% THC. The other I ran across was copy cat seeds. $2500 for 5 seeds. Then connected people get them for $50. I bought one clone of someones pick of 40 seeds (allegedly) Oreo Big Stuff,, and also sent a Rainbow MAC which is crazy fast grower. Will flower soon.
Love to see how they flower, I ended up buying 8 different copy cat strains but never popped any yet.

the 40% claimed by some breeders are never backed by actual testing. However, I can say that my nephew sent in sample of a future #1 from Anesia Seeds for testing he grew in his greenhouse and it came back at 35% THC which is close to what that Breeder claimed. So maybe there really is some 40% strains out there.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Man that’s crazy, i honestly thought he would have top notch genetics considering he does colabs with In House Genetics. I don’t buy clones from someone I don’t know personally but if I did I felt I would buy from him. However, I prefer to pheno hunt from seeds and find my own unicorns.
He was not the seller, as far as I know. They went by Green Acres, where I bought Chimera, Fatso, and MAC1. Now have very little faith that what I have is real. Spider mites came from Ben's Nursery. He has been sending out infested cuts for at least 6 months. I know someone who just got infested clones, and the one negative review they had was same strain and same mites several months before i bought. To me growing from seeds is like playing powerball. Would rather pay a couple of hundred than spend years or decades looking for something better. When I got GG4 I was told I would probably never see something as strong that produces as any grams per watt, and as easy to trim.

Last edited:

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He was not the seller, as far as I know. They went by Green Acres, where I bought Chimera, Fatso, and MAC1. Now have very little faith that what I have is real. Spider mites came from Ben's Nursery. He has been sending out infested cuts for at least 6 months. I know someone who just got infested clones, and the one negative review they had was same strain and same mites several months before i bought. To me growing from seeds is like playing powerball. Would rather pay a couple of hundred than spend years or decades looking for something better. When I got GG4 I was told I would probably never see something as strong that produces as any grams per watt, and as easy to trim.
Bro nothing worse then working your ass off to keep your grow clean and then bringing in a clone from someone else and all that work you have done was for nothing because now you are infested.
had it happen to me so I know how you feel. Now if I get plants or clones from someone I stick them outside first under a bush with broken light for 2 days then in direct sunlight for a for a week before bringing them in. for some reason here in Nova Scotia spider mites can’t survive outside.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Bro nothing worse then working your ass off to keep your grow clean and then bringing in a clone from someone else and all that work you have done was for nothing because now you are infested.
had it happen to me so I know how you feel. Now if I get plants or clones from someone I stick them outside first under a bush with broken light for 2 days then in direct sunlight for a for a week before bringing them in. for some reason here in Nova Scotia spider mites can’t survive outside.
Worst part was it was 100 degrees, and had fans running which spread them. We have plain spider mites in north east which are easier to kill. Had plants in above ground pool next to pine trees, and brought plants in and got broad mites.

iTarzan

But we keep on trying Loc Dog because we love drinking' and smoking' weed and always will.

You were happy with GG4 and will soon have new good stuff to smoke once you kill every fkn' mite.
Now let the killing commence.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
howdy, just thought i would throw in a few suggestions.

don't buy rooted clones because, as you just found out, you could have a lot of trouble just trying to acclimate them.

and they will probably be infected and it's hard to kill everything on a plant when the roots are attached.

i ship and receive large unrooted clones sometimes. the best way is to take a large cutting, say 7-8" minimum

strip excess growth off and put them in a quart freezer bag with a tiny little spray of water. just enough to coat them.

roll that bag up and put it in a second one. put it in a small flat-rate express box and send.

the recipient puts them directly into a pre-prepared cloner.

if you are receiving clones you may suspect are infected strip as much material off the rootless cutting as possible and give that an avid bath before the cloner.

i will grow an avid treated clone just until i can take a set of clones from it and then destroy it.

later

Loc Dog

Veteran
howdy, just thought i would throw in a few suggestions.

don't buy rooted clones because, as you just found out, you could have a lot of trouble just trying to acclimate them.

and they will probably be infected and it's hard to kill everything on a plant when the roots are attached.

i ship and receive large unrooted clones sometimes. the best way is to take a large cutting, say 7-8" minimum

strip excess growth off and put them in a quart freezer bag with a tiny little spray of water. just enough to coat them.

roll that bag up and put it in a second one. put it in a small flat-rate express box and send.

the recipient puts them directly into a pre-prepared cloner.

if you are receiving clones you may suspect are infected strip as much material off the rootless cutting as possible and give that an avid bath before the cloner.

i will grow an avid treated clone just until i can take a set of clones from it and then destroy it.

later
I received them in peak summer heat. That is how I received GG4 8 years ago, and these were first clones purchased since then. The spider mites, the seller must have had for a long time, and they became immune to the usual treatments. Wish I could get dry ice locally to kill them, if any missed going into flower. Venerate is something else I am looking at, since low probability they are resistant. Would never buy from that seller again. Swore either they got in during shipping, into sealed bag or i caused it, while others have the exact same 2 spot spider mites which are not in this area.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the entire clone industry, i mean the ones selling bulk clones for profit, are shipping infected material.

what they do is a last minute spray before they ship them to knock back any infection so they are not readily visible, even with a scope.

then 3 weeks later you call them and say they infected your facilty.

they say you must of gotten them from somewhere else because nothing they have is infected.

of course, they are lying but they've already gotten your money.

i ran a large facilty where i had advised the owners not to take in any clones at all.

they did not listen and ordered hemp flower clones from multiple sources.

within a few weeks we had, simultaneously. hemp russet mites, broad mites, and japanese rice root aphids.

it took me about 4 months to rid the place of them. while growing new plants and protecting them from infection. it wasn't easy.

NucleoSynthesis

Just finished running the dip n Stix and it was trash dude! I can’t believe people were paying 10k a cut lmfao! It was really not good, terpless, stretchy, no yield and very little effect when smoked or vaped! I honestly would say it’s probably the worst strain I’ve ran for around 5 years :( luckily I got it as part of a trade and didn’t pay for it but I’d have been suicidal if I paid 10k for that cut 🤪🤣

Loc Dog

Veteran
Just finished running the dip n Stix and it was trash dude! I can’t believe people were paying 10k a cut lmfao! It was really not good, terpless, stretchy, no yield and very little effect when smoked or vaped! I honestly would say it’s probably the worst strain I’ve ran for around 5 years :( luckily I got it as part of a trade and didn’t pay for it but I’d have been suicidal if I paid 10k for that cut 🤪🤣
I wish they would provide the optimum feed for clone only cuts. It took the glue crew some time to figure out the optimal feed was 600 - 650 PPM. Above that and it does not stack or produce well. Unless you are large scale and experiment a lot, may never stumble across the perfect feed.

Gone Camping

@Loc Dog if you haven't already look into FarmerJoe for clones on ig. I just made my first clone purchase and asked elsewhere of his reputation.

So far so good, clone arrived a bit dry but bouncing back nicely.

I have two spot spider mites in my growroom now. Hoping that 6 weeks with an empty room and several eradication methods I'll be clean and can bring my cut in. God I hope so.. I'm gonna lose a few nice cuts.. specifically a Cap's Junky.

I bought the cut on holiday sale for $150 shipped overnight. Chem91 skva

Loc Dog

Veteran
@Loc Dog if you haven't already look into FarmerJoe for clones on ig. I just made my first clone purchase and asked elsewhere of his reputation.

So far so good, clone arrived a bit dry but bouncing back nicely.

I have two spot spider mites in my growroom now. Hoping that 6 weeks with an empty room and several eradication methods I'll be clean and can bring my cut in. God I hope so.. I'm gonna lose a few nice cuts.. specifically a Cap's Junky.

I bought the cut on holiday sale for $150 shipped overnight. Chem91 skva
I had to throw out 90% of grow, but salvaged cuts and some smaller plants. They are supposed to die in 2 weeks if no food source and area warm. Have heard of people with broad mites saying they survived in a room for 6 months. Using a fogger with spinosad and pouring excess solution into feed for plants finally got rid of them. I was using a bunch off products in combination. Neem, Green Cleaner, Prevasyn (brutally hot pepper solution), peppermint oil, isopropyl, The spinosad gets them directly and when they feed on leaves, but takes a couple of weeks to get all of them. If you use fogger, strain through coffee filter, or clogs the tip.