What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Ciskei

freaks

ciskeï (last year grow) :
picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

C

cannarelief

I hope this thread survives-I have posted a mention of this and got deleted.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice thread... I would love to grow this plant, didn't tried it yet!

As far as I know, it came from a few old seeds remaining from the Ciskey Bushman, from the Herbaria swiss seedbank, gone a long time ago and shared by them. They were reproduced and worked by Aeros from Tropical Seeds, and interesting plants appeared!

By the way, one of the breeders of Herbaria works now in the swiss seedbank Alpine Seeds now, he was the one who told me the story.

:)

idiit

Veteran
bushman ciskei aka tropical seeds chiskei looks like a great fast, energetic, dense nug strain. one potential hybrid would be the autoflowering yet very late finishing zamal with its amphetamine trippy high. this might actually be a natural auto-flower with fairly quick finishing time. if so it could be a very valuable hybrid strain. ciskei mated with many extreme sats could be worth considering.

GreenMAX

My winter project:
-Ciskei from Tropical seeds
I will make some seeds for personal breeding projects,but main goal is to select good mother for next year outdoor,and some good nice electric sativa stash for Christmas and new year:)
Soaked 6 seeds,all sprouted and now are in veg containers.
Ciskei2012-10days.jpg

One seed sprouted 2 plants:woohoo:

bogatin

Interesting, these look very diffrerent from everything I ever grew and were supposedly bushman ciskey. How old are those? Did you grew them outside? When do they finish?

Here's my patch. Todays pics:

picture.php
[/url]

GreenMAX

27 days from sprouting and 2.day of 12-12
Ciskei2012-27daysfromseed.jpg

Bogatin,last year I grew Durban*Ciskei freebies and this beauty was finished in 70 days-12-12 from seed,I have 2-3 clones waiting as replacement for eventual males.
Ciskeimama68dni.jpg

Fat,sticky,heady high,ultra short flowering pure sativa:woohoo::peacock:Instant place in my mum cab!

bogatin

27 days from sprouting and 2.day of 12-12
View Image
Bogatin,last year I grew Durban*Ciskei freebies and this beauty was finished in 70 days-12-12 from seed,I have 2-3 clones waiting as replacement for eventual males.
View Image
Fat,sticky,heady high,ultra short flowering pure sativa:woohoo::peacock:Instant place in my mum cab!

Durban Ciskey freebies? Who was the breeder?

B

bocil

The breeder are AEROS from Tropical seeds he make a great crosses and works .

GreenMAX

Yep I got my Ciskei and Durban*Ciskei freebies from Tropical seeds.
Real nice man,due to some mix-up and delayed delivery,I received 16 Ciskei seeds,instead of regular 10,and some real killer freebies!
I realty hope he is OK and breeding ,Tropical seeds site is down for like a year or so....

GreenMAX

Nice uniform plants,2 confirmed females.
I slowed them down a bit with late re-potting,but now they are exploding!!
Ciskei27102012.jpg

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looking nice and bushy! This is a great, fast and clear sativa. Great potential for breeding other long flowering plants! :)

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Just a little bump for this thread...
I want to buy some, I sure hope Tropical Seeds still have them.
If they really are early and finish nicely outdoors, I'll save a nice male to use in some crosses.
Any new experiences with Ciskey ? How does it compare with Reina Madre, are the flowering times similar ?
Thanks in advance, HJ.

S

sativagrower87

Hey, Husky they are available. I`m not sure about vendors and resellers but you can get them directly from tropicalseedscompany dot com and some other tasty african gear. ;)