What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Chemy soil??? What?

Dudesome

Veteran
Some people like the pH balancing properties of soil, it just 'works' for their situation.
\
Why does it bother you is the real question...

everything interesting that I don't understand bothers me. Call it a healthy curiousity.

PH balancing properties of soil? Do you mean the dolomite lime?

Cuz when using chemy it does not work. Or am I wrong?

flat3ric

It's my understanding that chem nutes can make the plant grow faster and yield more....however you are just giving the plant a handful of specific nutrients and missing out on a lot of other complex micronutrients/microbes/enzymes that are available in soil.

So why not get the best of both worlds and amend a nice soil mixture with a little chemically derived boost from time to time? Really, I don't see how it's so hard to understand.

mad librettist

Veteran
It's my understanding that chem nutes can make the plant grow faster and yield more....however you are just giving the plant a handful of specific nutrients and missing out on a lot of other complex micronutrients/microbes/enzymes that are available in soil.

So why not get the best of both worlds and amend a nice soil mixture with a little chemically derived boost from time to time? Really, I don't see how it's so hard to understand.

we covered that. lack of understanding was not the issue.