What's new

Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

E

ESTERCHASER

wish i ha dthe equipment i need to fill my space, lmao let me find out i neded to start a cmh rental service or at least find one.

'Boogieman'

Boogieman why not run bare bulbs vertical....just an option.

I have always grown outdoors, only have a couple runs indoors using a 600hps but paranoia shut me down. I don't know much about bare bulb setups. I have read that cmh needs to run hot to be efficient and that's why people don't cool these bulbs, would this effect bare bulb or no?

HorseBadoritiz

I have always grown outdoors, only have a couple runs indoors using a 600hps but paranoia shut me down. I don't know much about bare bulb setups. I have read that cmh needs to run hot to be efficient and that's why people don't cool these bulbs, would this effect bare bulb or no?

That's the way I understand CMH's should be run, too.

I ran the old 400's bare bulb til they stopped selling them, not sure about the 315's or 630's. Changed the setup, and run all 315's in open hoods with fans blowing near them, and a good exhaust.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The CMH bulbs I have from Growers Choice have double glass. Im pretty sure anyway.

Im running a 630 light. It has 2-315s. You can dial it up over 700 watts, or down just under 400 watts. I think I have mine running at 590 watts right now. I have 2 different spectrum bulbs in it

HorseBadoritiz

T-12's should have double glass and are rated for open fixture use.

T-9's have a single jacket, and are rated for closed fixture, and should only be used in one.

Discontinued a few years ago as was a similar 400w model. They were actually conversion lamps for commercial HPS fixtures. They were unique in that they were protected lamps, open fixture rated. GE makes similar conversion lamps but they are *not* open fixture rated nor are the EYE conversion lamps.

https://a89b8e4143ca50438f09-7c1706...013/529/original/ge-93357-spec.pdf?1440211356

https://eyelighting.com/wp-content/uploads/HID/Ceramic-Metal-Halide/CMT250-U-737-LU-MOG.pdf

I'm on my last phillips retrofit 250w cmh now, I see theres still some on ebay but theyre the vertical ones not horizontal that i need, is there really much difference between vertical/horizontal?

The Eye brand CMH are better then the GE's right? I remeber hearing the GE's aren't as good as the old retrofit phillips..
I see the Color temp of phillips is 4000k, the EYE's are 3700k and GE's 3000k, The higher the better correct?

Last edited:

p0opstlnksal0t

How are the 1000w or 945w de bulbs working out in lfsw fixtures? Are these bulbs with 2x 500w arc tubes or 3x 315e arc tubes Daisy changed together in a single tube better than a 1000w hps bulb with a single 1000w arc tubes? I've heard intensity is greater and penetration greater on the 1000w hps bulbs. Is it worth upgrading to these cmh bulbs in my fixtures?

I'm on my last phillips retrofit 250w cmh now, I see theres still some on ebay but theyre the vertical ones not horizontal that i need, is there really much difference between vertical/horizontal?

The Eye brand CMH are better then the GE's right? I remeber hearing the GE's aren't as good as the old retrofit phillips..
I see the Color temp of phillips is 4000k, the EYE's are 3700k and GE's 3000k, The higher the better correct?

I still have a box of the horizontal 400's and the 860's. Stashed away. :)

coxnox

Veteran
Hi guyz,

what distance are you above the plants with 315cmh in bloom cycle ?
i read 15inches, but at 15 inches the corner of my room have allmost no light, so im near 20inches above the plants.

my room is 5feet(150cm) x 3feet (90cm), and i use 2x315cmh in there:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I got LEDs, a spider farmer sf4000 and 2 mars sp250s, Ive only tan them once but as far as results, I like the quality I got under the 315w phillips 3100k better. Lil better calyx to leaf ratio. And bud structure. I mean the difference aint much, but i put um in the same league so far. Id like to test the 500w cmh vs 500w of led quantum boards. Bet that cmh gon have better penetration tho.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I'm contemplating hard going meijiu led boards over cmh

It is real fucking simple.
I have been using these for about 2 years and the results are more than spectacular. U.S. $99.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...-000-Lumens-5000K-Daylight-50232161/302456569
I have 6-7 foot tall Sativas running under them and all the foliage is intact. Just harvested some Malawi's. Fantastic.
I also am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil mix. The absolute best. After 4-5 weeks I start feeding with General Hydroponics MaxiBloom 2.2lbs pounds - gh maxi bloom nutrient. I stop feeding about 2-3 weeks before harvest and use 1 teaspoon of Grandma's Molasses to a gallon of water. I water in to run off. I do not flush but prefer the molasses trick. It really smooths out the smoke and brings the subtle tastes to the fore.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I just switched from cmh to hlg550rspecs. This will be my first run with them so it'll be a trial and error sort of thing. When I ran 630s, I was happy with them at a 20 inches above the tops. Any lower and I'd get some bleaching.

Latest posts

Latest posts