What's new

CBD Strain's lot to chose, but what is the right for me?

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Hey guys, whats up? Hope u all doing good :)

Okay, i do search some CBD Strains.
I do not want any psychodelic stuff.

THC: 0.5% to 5%

If the terps are right, i would consider taking up to 8.

Lets get to the terps i do like.. Its Orange/Mandarine,
then we got Fruity (i do love Purple Punch),
and straight gas.
I know its sound a bit strange, i dont want the weed to smell or taste like weed :D
It will get vaporized, so taste is actually everything i do want out of it.

On my List:
CBD #1 - ACE Seeds 0.5% THC - I Hope to get Orange/Mandarine Terps
CBD Medi Haze - CBD CREW - 4% THC 8% CBD -A Haze with good 4% THC i did not find anything better then that to be honest with u.

Its really find to hard anything for me... I hope some of you guys had good experiences and can help me out here.

Whats coming up to your mind guys?
I did grew Slurricane (Purple Punch x Do-Si-Dos) from Ripper Seeds - It was a Limited Edt. and ive got the Purple Punch pheno.
I never smelled something simular to that, it was pure fruit punch. I do love that shit. Is there any kind of Purple Punch CBD?

I do appreciate the help a lot guys, thank you for ur time :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey guys, whats up? Hope u all doing good :)

Okay, i do search some CBD Strains.
I do not want any psychodelic stuff.

THC: 0.5% to 5%

If the terps are right, i would consider taking up to 8.

Lets get to the terps i do like.. Its Orange/Mandarine,
then we got Fruity (i do love Purple Punch),
and straight gas.
I know its sound a bit strange, i dont want the weed to smell or taste like weed :D
It will get vaporized, so taste is actually everything i do want out of it.

On my List:
CBD #1 - ACE Seeds 0.5% THC - I Hope to get Orange/Mandarine Terps
CBD Medi Haze - CBD CREW - 4% THC 8% CBD -A Haze with good 4% THC i did not find anything better then that to be honest with u.

Its really find to hard anything for me... I hope some of you guys had good experiences and can help me out here.

Whats coming up to your mind guys?
I did grew Slurricane (Purple Punch x Do-Si-Dos) from Ripper Seeds - It was a Limited Edt. and ive got the Purple Punch pheno.
I never smelled something simular to that, it was pure fruit punch. I do love that shit. Is there any kind of Purple Punch CBD?

I do appreciate the help a lot guys, thank you for ur time :)
Thanks for the post friend. It's a good question. Sounds like you already know a lot about CBD plants. Someone will come along and help you so hold what you got.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
I consume quite a bit of CBD.

The most important part is to check the percentages. These can vary widely among strains. So be sure to select first on what percentages you need.

Second is that you're looking for a photoperiod or an automatic flowering strain. This depends on your grow method (indoor/outdoor) and your climate.

Third is the smell/taste and colour of the plant.
Last year I grow a deep dark purple red plant called Red Pure CBD from Sweet Seeds it was exactly as advertised, the correct percentage (high CBD/ low to no THC) with the exact colouring as promised. I liked the flavour a lot of it too.

Best would be to check the larger seed banks where you can easily search of CBD percentage and then scroll through the listing until you find one that speaks to you.

PS: for this year I placed an order for Cherry Blossom v2 CBD from Nirvana Seeds. It was like 40€ including stealth shipping. Not yet grown this one but I'm curious. I'll probably grow this year again that Red Pure CBD too from Sweet Seeds, I still have a few seeds I think. But those where also around 40€ including shipping. So pretty cheap too.

revegeta666

@Ttutorial first of all never trust info that you read on seed banks websites, especially related to cannabinoid percentages as most of these companies just make it up. Sweet seeds in particular have a very poor reputation in Spain as far as their honesty goes so I would discard that company immediately.

If you're looking for CBD weed, don't trust any company that's not uploading actual lab results on their website. Especially autofem repackaging companies.

Ace seeds are a lot more trustworthy. I personally grew the CBD 1 from them, sent 4 plants for testing and results came out very close to the test results on their website. This is the one I kept to grow cuts from.

IMG_20230326_110452.jpg

Tested at 13% CBD and around 1 % THC, just as advertised. Terps on all plants were orangy/mandarine like what you are looking for, inherited from tue cannatonic. Except one that inherited afghani aromas from the erdpurt. All were great to smoke and very resinous, ideal for extractions. Could have kept any one of them as a mom. Great relaxing effect without the negative influence of rudelaris genetics.

Edit - this is her
IMG_20240223_110406.jpg

Last edited:

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Thank all of you guys for reply!
I forget to mention, i want a photoperiodic plant.
I would use a automatic as well, if the strain is the right one, but under 12/12.
I can live with low yield.

@revegeta666 So much thanks to you, for ur responds, u helped me out a lot, i do appreciate that buddy!
Nice picture, and i knew i could trust Ace Seeds - I do think Shantibaba (CBD Crew) as well.
That the CBD Ace has mandarine/Orange terps is so awesome! Thanks for confirming that!

So it will be CBD #1 from Ace - I got my 0-1% THC Strain.

Now, i do need one more strain with 3-5% THC. No Tripp, no Psychodelic effect. Just maybe Body or Headchill but not a high. Is the CBD MediHaze the right one? 4% THC and 8% CBD.

A CBD Indica and a CBD Sativa (Haze) would be maybe a good mixture?
I could try to breed a little bit with the CBD from Ace, do get it more in the direction of 5% THC, but god, i dont know which strain is right therefore.
Maybe u guys have one more u think of, i could take it in consideration... Thanks guys much love.

Last edited:

revegeta666

I wouldn't recommend growing autos indoors, it's just a waste of electricity and nutrients.

If you're interested in CBD crew, shantibaba was on one of the Potcast's latest episodes. Maybe that could interest you.

The 3-5% numbers you throw around make make me think you could take a look at landrace Mediterranean hashplants. Lebanese, Sinai, Syrian... This kind of strain usually show balanced chemotypes, and low percentages of cannabinoids compared to what commercial strains offer.

I crossed my maple leaf indica mom to 2 of ace's Lebanese males and had great results. Milder effects, great mango/hash taste. Very happy with this cross, I will likely take this one to further generations. Pretty plants too.
IMG_20230526_143245 (1).jpg

Lebanizer

Cool thread. I need one strain that doesn't stink up the whole place so ACE CBD1 is out. Maybe breed CBD1 with a CBD Sativa.

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
So, i got CBD #1 from Ace.
I try that first time in pure coco with Canna A+B

I do have 0.7 EC from my tap water.
Should i mix it 50/50 with bottle water (0.25EC)

I mean, i can get a shedule with 0.7 from canna's website. But maybe its just to high?

For Cal-Mag i would take dolomitlime and put it in the coco as well. like 20 gramms for 5L pot.

Should i use perlite and mix that with my coco or go pure coco?

jillianorr

Hey there! It's great to see your enthusiasm for exploring CBD strains while steering clear of anything psychedelic. Your preferences for THC content and terpene profiles are clear, with a keen eye on those delightful Orange/Mandarine, Fruity, and gas-like aromas. Based on your checklist, ACE Seeds' CBD #1 sounds promising with its low THC and potential Orange/Mandarine terps, while CBD Medi Haze from CBD CREW offers a balanced THC:CBD ratio and the haze you're after. It's understandable that finding the perfect match can be challenging, but your experience with Slurricane highlights the magic of discovering that perfect flavor profile. As for Purple Punch CBD, while it might not be readily available, it's worth exploring specialized dispensaries or considering custom cultivations.

goingrey

So, i got CBD #1 from Ace.
I try that first time in pure coco with Canna A+B

I do have 0.7 EC from my tap water.
Should i mix it 50/50 with bottle water (0.25EC)

I mean, i can get a shedule with 0.7 from canna's website. But maybe its just to high?

For Cal-Mag i would take dolomitlime and put it in the coco as well. like 20 gramms for 5L pot.

Should i use perlite and mix that with my coco or go pure coco?
Well we don't know what's in your tap water, maybe there is some info on the municipality website or whatever... But probably it is calcium and magnesium so using bottled water with dolomite could be a waste of money.

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Thank you guys @goingrey @jillianorr
I got the CBD GIRL SCOUT COOKIES from CBD-Crew (shantibaba) as well as like mentioned the CBD #1 from ACE.

I hope that will be good.
The GSC terp should be cherrycake terps? Sounds to good to be true. But we will see.

@goingrey I do have like 60 calcium and 15 magnesium in my tap water.
ph 7.6
ec 0.7

So i just do like 20 gramms in a pot (dolomitlime) and iam completly fine with cal-mag.

I do water with that PH of 7.6 in organic soil and never got any problems.

goingrey

Thank you guys @goingrey @jillianorr
I got the CBD GIRL SCOUT COOKIES from CBD-Crew (shantibaba) as well as like mentioned the CBD #1 from ACE.

I hope that will be good.
The GSC terp should be cherrycake terps? Sounds to good to be true. But we will see.

@goingrey I do have like 60 calcium and 15 magnesium in my tap water.
ph 7.6
ec 0.7

So i just do like 20 gramms in a pot (dolomitlime) and iam completly fine with cal-mag.

I do water with that PH of 7.6 in organic soil and never got any problems.
I don't think you need the dolomite lime especially if using a coco fertilizer like Canna Coco which will have extra calmag in it. Also for coco/hydro you want a lower pH 5.5-6.5..

Haven't tried the Cookies but people do say it tastes good. Too bad it's a 1:1 balanced strain instead of a CBD strain. Trying to find a good tasting CBD one. Had high hopes for Cosmos from RQS but then found out they are autos and I was hoping to keep a mom so looking for something else. Trying out CBDrelax and CBDenergy from Paradise Seeds at the moment. Anyway, let us know how the CBD Cookies turns out for you!

Latest posts

Latest posts