What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Captains little dr120 that could!

captain planet

Veteran
Think I'm gonna sneak one GG outdoors, it's the one that I had as a mother so it's got a lot of branching and is well established, only spot I have tho is kinda mixed sun/shade, but it's either that or kill it and I'd kinda hate to kill it. I have a good 4 ready for up potting into the tent and or wait to do a mixed tent run of GG and the new stuff I got. I'm kind of leaning towards the mixed run due to it will set me into at least late August or early sept to be at full power on the 600, getting out of AC and high heat season, thoooo I only have a half z or so of tiny GG buds and my 1/2 pint jar of kif .... Decisions decisions.....oh also if I start vegging up the mono GG run I'm def pushing my time go flower out the new stuff, bc it will be around 3 months before the tent is clear

captain planet

Veteran
Day 16 and another Corey, 2 more forums, 1 more blue dream, have popped roots and been put in solo cups, still only the one chem d rooted which I really would like a second but the one in the solo cup is looking good. Next to up pot everything soon and figure out what will fit in the next run

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Day 16 and another Corey, 2 more forums, 1 more blue dream, have popped roots and been put in solo cups, still only the one chem d rooted which I really would like a second but the one in the solo cup is looking good. Next to up pot everything soon and figure out what will fit in the next run

Is the varigation showing on the Chem D ? Mine's so bad, it makes the plant look like shit. Time to start some Epsom foliars.

captain planet

Veteran
picture.php

captain planet

Veteran
Do people really fix it or treat it with mag, I thought it's just how the D was with some thinking it was mosaic virus and others just whatever, genetic variagation.
I've tossed around the idea of adding some Epsom to my soil recipe but I hate changing things. Maybe I'll do some sprays too,

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I was just looking at someone's album the other day. They had Chem D fully flowered out and no signs of the varigation. Lots of guys Sour Dubb shows the trait, but i haven't had it show on mine since she got adjusted to my environment and feed schedule.

captain planet

Veteran
No real updates: still have 2 chem sd alive as cuts one has just popped 2 nubs I'll prob solo cup that tmrw but take a top cut off the one that's thriving.
I've kinda thought I wasn't gonna put the tent light on in august but I may have to, it's 81 in the room in the basement now, add mh and I know it's 99+..... I really miss being in a window ac room.

The blue dreams are def by far the most vigorous of the new cuts followed by S dubb and chem d

captain planet

Veteran
Well I currently have 7 cuts and true space for 6. I had an inkling already but it's growing, that Forum GSC isn't gonna end up staying in the lineup. What I see right now, is the least vigor out of all of the ones I have, just way behind, very small and week looking and I'm assuming the 2.0 will be the keeper. I'll see if I can throw a pic up of what I mean. I'll still flower everything and keep backups, but 6 is my magic number

captain planet

Veteran
picture.php

Left to right back row
Blue dream, sour dubb, 2.0

Front row
Stardawg Corey, chem D, forum GSC

That's 1 of 5 GSC and it's the best. I've actually not realized that was one and it's way ahead of the others so there's still a chance, we will see

captain planet

Veteran
My temps currently are ~80f so these are going in 1.5 gallons for the next month under t5s till I work new ducting and were out of august.

I will be filling the tent with 9, the new 6 potted my super soil way and 3 GG4 1 my super soil way, 2 an all super soil (as opposed to just bottom half and top base, and 3 str8 FFOF

Still debating on watering the str8 FFOF with str8 tap, ph'd tap or adding some lime, my recipe gets str8 tap, ogdw, ph's his tap to water his str8 FFOF, hammerhead says the oyster shell in the FFOF acts as a buffer

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
When I used to grow with FFOF, I relied on the buffering and didn't pH the water I used. Everything was fine.....until around week 4 of 12/12. Then my pH was outta whack and started getting problems like calcium def. So I started pHing the water and everything was kool. For the record though, I was using PBP for soil with it. Which drops pH pretty hard.

My guess would be the soil started having trouble buffering the pH because it was using up the amendments in soil. Always happened 6 weeks after last transplant. 2 weeks in veg after final up pot, and 4 weeks in flower.

captain planet

Veteran
With my SS mix I generally uppot to final pot ~7 gall, veg 3-4 weeks, then flower, and get nice yellowing towards finish. Hmmm I'll document what happens

captain planet

Veteran
Never! Literally str8 tap to gallon jugs, that sit at least 24hrs... Almost 3 cups of lime in the amended half of a promix bx bale, and about 1 cup of lime in the half of bale that just gets 1/2 bag of FFOF and 10 or so cups of worm castings