What's new

canntrust.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What goes up must come down. At least they will have plenty of money on their books if they get locked up in jail. They should be able to buy them selfs some snacks from the commissary while they are setting in jail. I will be glad when you can buy a pack of weed at the local store. Putting a person in jail for weed is stupid. 😎

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
IIRC They were bringing in BM, in a separate room e.g a hidden compt amongst the same facility. Greed!

In a nutshell, yes we are legal and of course that brings benefits, like grow your own medicine in peace etc... They simply don't bother you. Speaking from experience here Jan 9).

OTOH regardless of how it was sowed (to get rid of the BM), we know that will never happen. The former penalties have basically doubled with new laws on the books, additional penalties commensurate with these additional laws.

I had a bitch of a time finding storage for my stash, which is totally legal but, I wasn't allowed to take it with me. (condo rules (no smoking, no vaping and no cannabis use)) Woopidi doo, so I had to do some PR work (educating people) a form of de-stigmatization, that I was/am a retired vet who grows and uses cannabis for medical purposes, that I would not be asking him to do anything illegal here. It was a stressful 1.5 weeks.

This is a delicate subject to navigate, being the subject and where we are in a PC world LOL. They broke the law, knowing full well possible repercussions. There is a saying... "the good of the many, outweigh the greed of a few". I massaged the original a little true, nonetheless!

Should it have ever been criminalized? Heck no with 2!! The point is, you can't cry over spilled milk.

A wrong was righted with legalization, regardless of the real reason Tax $$, the fact that folks who seek cannabis for whatever reason, medicinally or for sheer recreation, have access to the herb. Is legalization perfect? Heck no! But it's a start.

Hey we have a city bylaw here wrt no growing outdoors and it is all "legal" under the clean air act. A mere inconvenience, that may affect me in the future. Folks are entitled (remember we ask govt to do something about x, y, or z) to enjoy their summers outdoors unencumbered. Whether I like it or not, yes they are entitled to free pratique on their property. With all this talk about democracy. Isn't the latter a prime example of what it should be, vice living in a world of me, myself and I.

Democracy in action...
Folks can complain about their current govt, regardless of who is in power, we/they still complain. It is said in Canada we don't vote people in, we vote them out. We get rid of the trash. We take the good (while we can) and throw out the trash when we are done with them. I always said democracy was synonym with hypocrisy! I'll let you folks figure it out :)

The Fed's wrote the regulation and, left it to the provinces (states in the US) to set their own rules within the frame work of the Cannabis Act https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/

Everyone was onboard more or less, with the overall scope of the act, with the exception of Que and Man. Who said no personal growing. We know what all that is about, the govt was looking at this as a cash cow.

Other than those two, I haven't heard too many complaints, with the exception they sell "tumble weed", once again, that is called capitalism. Just another term for greed, wouldn't you say. Isn't the consumer entitled, to the full non tumbled flower. It's a rhetorical ?

I will close with this...
We touched a little on the PR work I have been doing towards de-stigmatization of cannabis. After an initial tussle with a new neighbour (years ago), once the red line was drawn in the sand, we became damn good neighbours etc... They have 3 young kids, and when it was going legal here, I told them what my intentions are/were. They were fine with that, more importantly the children have taken to us, and the folks (us) next door appear normal and are pretty cool. They don't know I am medicated all the time. That is the lesson education point I hope they raise with their children. "Think of the children" we keep hearing them say. I did.

My neighbours know and simply say, we haven't seen a difference. Keep in mind, I am medicated. I know how to get blitzed :) Today is a no day. It's raining cats and dogs here. I'll start the laundry after I am done here. Isn't retirement grand? I plan on retiring my wife Mar/'24, so she can fully embrace... there is always tomorrow. She's a busy bee (Aries) I tod her she was forbidden to seek employment for 3 months, 6 preferred so she can embrace the "full Monty" of retirement, which she justly deserves.

So like I mentioned to @CosmicGiggle in another thread (where she stated coffee and a toot), a little Bk with my morning coffee to start the day off right, followed 1.5hrs later with some homegrown legal weed (International Waters). Decent shit :)

Because the fire has set me back 2 yrs, I have to rely on rationing my stash by the introduction of substitute strains to augment my medicine. I also have gotten my hands on some decent, locally produced hash. Hey, is it '70s hash? No but it gets the job done as intended. The rest is a moot point.

Some know of the dark place I was in (Feb), having my stash, I was able to select pill x, y or z. to put me in my happy place, regardless of the circumstances.

... and I may loose my right to self-medicate, because of some greedy ass hole? I don't think so!

Last edited:

LJ farming

If 7-11 weed doesn’t suck when served up by a federally licensed anything then I’m either Santa Clause or will lick your grow room floors as clean as they should be! “Like mine”

Peace out,

LJ

LJ farming

IIRC They were bringing in BM, in a separate room e.g a hidden compt amongst the same facility. Greed!

In a nutshell, yes we are legal and of course that brings benefits, like grow your own medicine in peace etc... They simply don't bother you. Speaking from experience here Jan 9).

OTOH regardless of how it was sowed (to get rid of the BM), we know that will never happen. The former penalties have basically doubled with new laws on the books, penalties commensurate with these additional laws.

I had a bitch of a time finding storage for my stash, which is totally legal but, I wasn't allowed to take it with me. (condo rules (no smoking, no vaping and no cannabis use)) Woopidi doo, so I had to do some PR work (educating people) a form of de-stigmatization, that I was/am a retired vet who grows and uses cannabis for medical purposes, that I would not be asking him to do anything illegal here. It was a stressful 1.5 weeks.

This is a delicate subject to navigate, being we are in a PC world LOL. They broke the law, knowing full well possible repercussions. There is a saying... "the good of the many, outweigh the greed of a few". I played with it a little, but it is true, nonetheless!

Should it have ever been criminalized? Heck no with 2!! The point is, you can't cry over spilled milk.

A wrong was righted with legalization, regardless of the real reason Tax $$, the fact that folks who seek cannabis for whatever reason, medicinally or for sheer recreation, have access to the herb. Is legalization perfect? Heck no! But it's a start.

Hey we have a city bylaw here wrt no growing outdoors and it is all "legal" under the clean air act. A mere inconvenience, that may affect me in the future. Folks are entitled (remember we ask govt to do something about x, y, or z) to enjoy their summers outdoors unencumbered. Whether I like it or not, yes they are entitled to free pratique on their property. With all this talk about democracy. Isn't the latter a prime example of what it should be, vice living in a world of me, myself and I.

Democracy in action...
Folks can complain about their current govt, regardless of who is in power, we/they still complain. It is said in Canada we don't vote people in, we vote them out. We get rid of the trash. We take the good (while we can) and throw out the trash when we are done with them. I always said democracy was synonym with hypocrisy! I'll let you folks figure it out :)

The Fed's wrote the regulation and, left it to the provinces (states in the US) to set their own rules within the frame work of the Cannabis Act https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/

Everyone was onboard more or less, with the overall scope of the act, with the exception of Que and Man. Who said no personal growing. We know what all that is about, so the Hells will remain in business lol. Not saying they were going to be affected here, just saying that the govt is looking at this a cash cow.

Other than those two, I haven't heard too many complaints, with the exception they sell "tumble weed", once again, that is called capitalism. Just another term for greed, wouldn't you say. Isn't the consumer entitled, to the full non tumbled flower. It's a rhetorical ?

I will close with this...
We touched a little on the PR work I have been doing towards de-stigmatization of cannabis. After an initial tussle with a new neighbour (years ago), once the red line was drawn in the sand, we became damn good neighbours etc... They have 3 young kids, and when it was going legal here, I told them what my intentions are/were. They were fine with that, more importantly the children have taken to us, and the folks (us) next door appear normal and are pretty cool. They don't know I am medicated all the time. That is the lesson education point I hope they raise with their children. "Think of the children" we keep hearing them say. I did.

My neighbours know and simply say, we haven't seen a difference. Keep in mind, I am medicated. I know how to get blitzed :) Today is a no day. It's raining cats and dogs here. I'll start the laundry after I am done here. Isn't retirement grand? I plan on retiring my wife Mar/'24, so she can fully embrace... there is always tomorrow. She's a busy bee (Aries) I tod her she was forbidden to seek employment for 3 months, 6 preferred so she can embrace the "full monty" of retirement, which she justly deserves.

So like I mentioned to @CosmicGiggle in another thread (where she stated coffee and a toot), a little Bk with my morning coffee to start the day off right, followed 1.5hrs later with some homegrown legal weed (International Waters). Decent shit :)

Because the fire has set me back 2 yrs, I have to rely on rationing my tash by the introduction of substitute strains to augment my medicine. I also have gotten my hands on some decnt, locally produced hash. Hey, is it '70s. No but it gets the job done as intended. The rest is a moot point.

Some know of the dark place I was in (Feb), having my stash, I was able to select pill x, y or z. to put me in my happy place, regardless of the circumstances.

... and I may loose my right to self-medicate, because of some greedy ass hole? I don't think so.

ETA: I remember when smoking was banned in public and then vaping. We have a right, yadi, yadi, yada. Folks would say. Where's the democracy (furiously)? 82% of Canada has spoken, your the addict, deal with it get help. That's democracy in action. I haven't smoked in 12 years.

LJ farming

Switcher56,

You helped me dial in a couple things on my first grow with ProMix “which should be used by everyone that doesn’t wish to babysit their grow” easy squeeze and for that I feel indebted to you cause I probably wouldn’t have had 1/2 the yield without your guidance! So no fucking more tumble weed! PM me your address and I will gladly have some weed slightly or maybe a lot better than tumble weed at your door shortly amigo!!!!!!!!!!

Peace out,

LJ

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
As the article points out, the charges happened after the initial stock frenzy had peaked and crashed. Canntrust was high profile and the gov needed to make examples of some LPs to keep the others in line.

I ran across a very good discussion about how the gov handled legalization and how they should have handled it. Representing the Resin – EP04 – Duff @ Wash Hash Co on Bubbleman's YT channel. Start about 20 minutes in if you want to skip the chit chat.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
As the article points out, the charges happened after the initial stock frenzy had peaked and crashed. Canntrust was high profile and the gov needed to make examples of some LPs to keep the others in line.

I ran across a very good discussion about how the gov handled legalization and how they should have handled it. Representing the Resin – EP04 – Duff @ Wash Hash Co on Bubbleman's YT channel. Start about 20 minutes in if you want to skip the chit chat.
By all means they were used to set an example. You don't redact laws so they merely occupy space on a piece a paper. Hence not worth the paper it is written on. You have to enforce your message.

Interesting video, would not have come across it otherwise, as it was buried and was a discussion that was off topic to the norm. Tx :)

During that section, my favourite 5 letter word surfaced many times over. Greed! Money never sleeps was/is a good movie...