What's new

Cannabis Photography

acespicoli

To start with I bought this camera....ok a long time ago but it was high end of consumer choices
ran me about 1200$ USD at the time 2006ish
en.wikipedia.org
The Canon EOS 20D is an 8.2-megapixel semi-professional digital single-lens reflex camera, initially announced on 19 August 2004 at a recommended retail price of US$1,499.[1]
A megapixel (MP) is a million pixels; the term is used not only for the number of pixels in an image but also to express the number of image sensor elements of digital cameras or the number of display elements of digital displays. For example, a camera that makes a 2048 × 1536 pixel image (3,145,728 finished image pixels) typically uses a few extra rows and columns of sensor elements and is commonly said to have "3.2 megapixels" or "3.4 megapixels", depending on whether the number reported is the "effective" or the "total" pixel count.[21]
Pixel is used to define the resolution of a photo. Photo resolution is calculated by multiplying the width and height of a sensor in pixel.

1681304233703.png

Comparison of the level of detail between 0.3 and 24 Megapixels
Some of your cell phones today are how many megapixel ?

en.wikipedia.org
Active-pixel sensor - Wikipedia

acespicoli

1681304463392.png
Year 2023 best DSLR from nikon
Nikon D6 DSLR | Flagship Professional DSLR Camera

The D6 is a 20.8 MP Flagship DSLR for professional photographers who need the ultimate camera to perform their job in the field or studio.
www.nikonusa.com
20.8 MP

• 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 at 30/25/24p
35mm film is 24 x 36mm, or 864 square millimeters.
To scan most of the detail on a 35mm photo,
you'll need about 864 x 0.1, or 87 Megapixels.

Is DSLR junk?

Who makes up screen resolution broadcasting electronics standards?
International Telecommunication Union - Wikipedia
1681306673600.png

Shutter speed fastest found 1/4000 but this is a solid unit
Why go retro?
Cannabis photos macros and micros whats good ?
Share your gear and best shots please and your experiences id love to hear and see them

acespicoli

1681315003846.png

1681315227114.png

1681315334314.png

1681315148035.png

A closeup on the eye of a hoverfly. Taken with a Canon Macro Lens
Camera Body: Canon 600D,
Lens: Canon Mp-E,
Shutter Speed: 1/160,
Aperture: f 8,
Focal Length: 65 mm,
ISO Speed: 800

From Article

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I used to use a 7 MP camera with a cheap macro lens, ( Olympus) and a laptop. Now I use my cheap 18mp phone and post em. Quality seems samey, simplicity improved.
I wanted one of those Olympus pens with the f22 pancake, I wanted close ups with depth of focus, but with more mp, more distance, bit of a crop and you've got the same result.

Must admit I get confused how 20 MP can cost thousands for body only but 100mp on a phone is hundreds.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
for high end photography nothing can beat the dslr
the possibilities are almost infinite with body and lens combinations
it might seem expensive to get into at first but i bet you could score a 20d for a hundred bucks or less now
/im not sure what iteration canon is at now with their d series; i have a 40d somewhere
spend you money on the lens
a lot comes down to sensor size
i think the d series was not full frame, i think it was like a +1.6 factor
so you actually get more magnification from a 35mm lens
a cheap work around for macro work are extension tubes, which allow you to work closer to a subject with a standard lens
if you want some sweet glass, get the 100mm macro from canon
a great portrait lens with macro capability
the mp-e is a sweet lens and takes beautiful shots if you know what you are doing

acespicoli

Do the new DSLR's shoot so quick that even handheld with the shakes you get non-blurry macros?
1681342899727.png

I have done some pictures changing ISO speeds
1681343007461.png

Im very much a novice still and just picking up this hobby again...
One of my favorite examples was shooting waterfalls
with purposely induced blur for effect changing shutter and iso

Yet another instance involved action picture of sports soccer baseball etc...
They DSLR properly set
can eliminate the problems encountered with a cheap camera that I used to use

On the macros I suggest using a stand (although admittedly im not a expert on tihs yet! )
and not hand holding as another tool to perfect pictures with slower speeds

When you take a photograph with a high shutter speed and you still get a blurry photograph or a photo that is not sharp, it is normally due to the ISO level being too high. It can look great on the back of your camera, but when you get it home on your computer, this is when you will see it is not very sharp.

How do I match ISO and shutter speed?
The rule states that on a sunny day, you should get correct exposure with camera settings of aperture f/16 and shutter speed as the inverse of the ISO (film speed). So if you have an ISO of 100, then the shutter speed should be 1/100 (or its closest conservative setting of 1/125s).

Is higher aperture brighter or darker?
An aperture is an opening in a lens through which light travels. Larger apertures will make your image brighter. Smaller apertures will cause your image to appear darker.

Thats about the sum of my knowledge I will share some shots soon and setup camera setting etc here
I encourage anyone interested todo the same we can compare notes
DigiKam ist the best tool to edit image metadata on Linux

DigiKam’s Metadata Editor supports more than a few basic tags: a well-designed dialog makes editing EXIF, IPTC and XMP tags clear and understandable.

Looking at the settings of bad blurry photos can tell you alot about how it failed
Good lighting is a great place to start when staging photos

Last edited:

GreenAndFast

I went to university to study photography but only stayed for 6 months, after realising that I didn't want to turn a hobby into a job. I've got a Samsung N300 and Nikon D6, but tbh I exclusively use my phone unless I go out for a dedicated shoot. I have a Google pixel 7 and when using portrait mode it gives quite good settings that produces completely acceptable photographs. The best camera is the camera that you have with you when the moment arrives.
Here's a couple of mine, sorry if you guys have seen any before hehe
PXL_20230410_151328495.PORTRAIT.jpg
Screenshot_20230312-063712.png
Screenshot_20230406-202544.png
Screenshot_20230312-065821.png
Screenshot_20230406-202511.png
PXL_20230407_142406775.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20230408_132943296.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Screenshot_20230312-063957.png
Screenshot_20230414-160245.png

acespicoli

1681520075502.png

Had a similar experience at culinary school, it effectively knocked the fun out of cooking! :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
But the three classes attended were educational
Do you remember which camera this was taken with? All from the Pixel 7 ?

Quite good and some of the google phones specs

1681520549760.png

1681521001457.png

excellent data share :love:

Last edited:

acespicoli

Found this site from our Canadian Brothers in Photography

> Macrophotography by Robert Berdan 2012. $9.99 This e-book is in PDF format and contains 79 pages of information. Macrophotography refers to taking pictures that magnify the specimen between about 0.5X and 10X . The e-book focuses on how to use a digital SLR cameras to achieve magnification using filters, extenders, macro-lenses etc. This book is based on over 20 years of teaching macrophotography in my workshops and at local colleges - this ebook is included in all of my macrophotography workshops & classes for free. It will show you different methods to achieve magnification including closeup filters, extension tubes, reversing your lens, bellows and various macro lenses. Before you invest in macro-equipment you want to read this.

1684425228780.png

- this ebook is included in all of my macrophotography workshops & classes for free
if you find it useful you may choose to support the authors work

1684425677752.png

Found this useful thought id share it with my friends, Best >>> :huggg:

Last edited:

acespicoli

I used to love this magazine on the news stand, been awhile since I bought one
But what great online content now ?

1695742233441.png

These dont look too shabby :thinking:
From macro to micro 🤷‍♂️

Last edited: