What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cannabis HIV?

troutman

Seed Whore
Hey,

I swear every grow I see something new. New lights, soils and nutrients sure have a learning curve.
Debating getting rid of LED's and going back to MH and T-5 fluorescents since those lights were
more grower friendly. Every Cannabis strain or Landrace seem to behave differently with LED's.

Anyways, anyone know for sure what kind of Cannabis HIV this plant has?

My guess is a crazy Calcium deficiency.

Cannabis HIV

full

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
OMG call the veggie 911 for an ambulance, they need a calmag infusion right now :yoinks:

Try to get Sea-Crop, that will help the problem, when growing with Led lights.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
In flowering first half of flower plant use way more Cal than Mag ,while second half of flower they use way more Mag than Cal its so simple....people be using calmag to much and make their plants toxic...it not good advice to use them at the same time at all...

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I do have Calcium nitrate beads, but I doubt I'll cure the problem in time.
I'm almost ready to stop growing. I almost need an ambulance as is.
I think you will keep some damage, but calcium nitrate is fast solulable for plants or spray it on the leaves for fast recovery, only I dont know what dosage you should use. I have no experience with this.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey,

I swear every grow I see something new. New lights, soils and nutrients sure have a learning curve.
Debating getting rid of LED's and going back to MH and T-5 fluorescents since those lights were
more grower friendly. Every Cannabis strain or Landrace seem to behave differently with LED's.

Anyways, anyone know for sure what kind of Cannabis HIV this plant has?

My guess is a crazy Calcium deficiency.

Cannabis HIV

full
The type of water you use plays the most important role with it comes to calcium and magnesium. Some tap waters are plant killers and will poison growers' plants without them knowing why. I've seen this before and the cause was from using tap water.

The reason is that the hydroxyl content rises over time with repeated watering. The impurities in the tap water build up and block hydrogen which is the main transporter of nutrients. No hydrogen no nutrients. In other words, the pH rises above 7 and the hydrogen is cut off. Plants have to have hydrogen to live.

troutman

Seed Whore
Just smashed my thermometer/ hydrometer. If they live they live. I give up using gadgets.
Think my days of growing indoors is gonna end. Landraces are too stressful when Your
health is failing.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Why don't you try switching back to HPS/MH?

If you can get a grow without issues that way then maybe consider what I said in one of your previous threads about your issues that it might be because of low temperature and pots that remain to wet for a long time. Or that you maybe indeed need more calmag or something.

Cheers and best of luck.

MrKushman247

Sorry to hear about your health troubles , hopefully you feel better soon. Growing plants can definitely bring unwanted stress to your life when it's not going right.

eastcoastjoe

The type of water you use plays the most important role with it comes to calcium and magnesium. Some tap waters are plant killers and will poison growers' plants without them knowing why. I've seen this before and the cause was from using tap water.

The reason is that the hydroxyl content rises over time with repeated watering. The impurities in the tap water build up and block hydrogen which is the main transporter of nutrients. No hydrogen no nutrients. In other words, the pH rises above 7 and the hydrogen is cut off. Plants have to have hydrogen to live.

I doubt that’s what is happening here. Seems like too many photons, not enough nutrition to support it

Orange's Greenhouse

Calcium deficiency affects new growth. It is immobile and won't be translocated to the new, most important growth.
Your picks imply that lower/middle growth is affected? That would be something else than calcium.

Follow creeperparks (somewhat complicated and wrong) advice and check the pH of your medium. If that is ok you can follow this guide to diagnose the problem: