What's new

Can this be repaired?

Petrochemical

Curious if i can get this fixed. Ironicly it was my last bud in my headstash that the bowl gave way too....pretty clean break.
Any insight?
20220419_092902.jpg
20220419_092908.jpg
20220419_092943.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Metal insert? Like a perforated thimble. You would have to really think about that sharp edge chipping away bits you might inhale though.
It's probably beyond economic repair.

Petrochemical

The actual glass bowl with a tiny hole broke rather cleanly along the inner edge of the bowl.itself and yes def wanted to try to repair it but your points are valid concerns i hadnt thought of kinda bummed out. I wanna share my circumstances but the last time i did i got called a fuk boy and was told by a miserable individual here my asking for advice wassomehow pandering lmaop idk man thx for your input

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If you can chip back that edge until you know there are no feathered bits about to break off in use, that would probably be alright. You can clean it up good with metholated spirits, which is almost 100% alcohol, with a little something to stop you drinking it. Then you need a top hat shaped crucible. I reckon a thimble, but you could turn something from wood or look to modelling clay. A bit of clay might help you set a few things in there, such as a standard bong part. Fire cement probably isn't suitable as it's fibrous. Perhaps even asbestos fibers

Petrochemical

Uh yeah i agree.....anyone wanna help replace it? My birthday is may 20th....maybe karma has a beautiful thing waiting for me.
This is the first time in my life I can't even I'm going to say 2002 but I'm sure it was before that I've been upset with having plants in my house alive growing I didn't care if they were flowering I didn't care if they were f****** and vegetation as long as they were alive and as long as I could walk up to him at least once a day and rub their stem and smell it I was happy it was like such a therapy I can't explain it it's just something about people of my mindset I don't know what the right vernacular I have to be around growing plants and when I'm not and I'm in the current situation that I'm in I'm think it I think it's I struggle with depression 4 days out of the week from constantly like trying to pick myself up I feel like I'm half of the human I've been on my life but it's I'm attributing it to not having anything growing it is what it is but I can't wait to be able to grow again

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Growing pot is an addiction, like anything else.

So why can't you grow right now, can you grow something 'legal' until circumstances improve? :pimp3:

Petrochemical

That's a f****** rabbit-hole Cosmic yes I found somebody that's willing to lease me land but it's a collective run by a pastor who started the church that he found in the back of a Rolling Stone magazine I could go on

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Complicated, just like life, huh! :ROFLMAO:

......... as far as your broken spoon, if you are really attached, you could take/send it to any glass blower who could mend it
or do a work-around. There are lots of them around.

Petrochemical

It was given to me by some lunatic who took all of my stuff and it's all I have left and when I went to put a flower in it it broke so cleanly around the edge of that but I felt I don't even know how to explain it other than I felt like I owed it because of how well done it was to try and keep it and make it maintainable I guess cuz it's you don't have only had it for what I think a little less than 7 months the soulless vampire that tried to ruin Me by putting a temporary restraining order on me based off baseless claims to try and I guess take my stuff I don't know I don't know what the motivation was other than maliciously lashing out based off lies complicated I tell you complicated trying to deal with people that at a one side of their mouth call the cops on people because they're going to a clinic for opiates and then on the other side of their mouths are out trying to find 100 lb nitrous tank seating and bones and whatever else they can get their hands on talking about people that smoke crack are the devil while they're out you know the line of lunacy the line of hypocritical mannerisms isn't escaping me however the spoon represents a change in my life for 2022 for the better getting away from that but obviously I'm still kind of all I'm going to say is for that individual is there very lucky that I have things in my life that I cherish and don't want to lose I appreciate you helping me with that because there are three or four places downtown I could probably take back to see if I could get it fixed I'd like to if it's not going to be too pricey and the people. It's an entirely different experience for me having like 25 bucks to live off of for the week and for the first time in my life having to take 98% of my income no matter what do you like it or not put it towards it it is what it is I ain't complaining and you better believe I learned my lesson about who to talk to or who to ask in this place

brickweeder

Were you using a torch lighter on that spoon? Looks like a stress crack from the heat zone...low probability this would happen with a normal bic type lighter.

I think cosmic g is correct, a glassblower would need to fix it. But, it will not be the same when u get it back because he will have to attach a blow tube to the mouthpiece, seal the carb, add glass to seal the broken bowl, reshape the spoon bubble, then pop a hole, push the bowl, pop the carb, then detach and clean up the mouthpiece. The connection of the new glass to the wigwag part of the head will be messed up, so the repair should be the new bottom and the new bowl placed on the other side, so as to hide the repair. Plus, the honey comb enclamo at the end may change due to the reshaping and different kiln conditions compared to the original. If you go this route, you'll need to clean all that tar and crud off the piece. Plus, the whole thing may crack up when it is first brought up to temp (unless the temp is slowly ramped up), if he doesn't properly connect the blowtube to the mouthpeice, or if the new glass is not compatible, so u may may lose the whole piece anyway.

Realistically, its probably easier for the lampworker to just make a new one than repair it.

Last edited: