What's new

Can I use the Seeds from 2 feminized plants? (one male and one female)

StrainMister

Hello, sorry if this was already posted. I'm totally new to this all, so please forgive me.

It all started when I bought feminized seeds and grew them up. At the flowering stage, I had a normal male and a normal female plant.
I didn't realize it quickly enough (because this is my first grow), and some pollen sacks got open. As a result, my female plant got pollinated.

I read on the internet that the seeds from feminized plants will almost give birth to hermies.
But mine is a true male. Is that also true when both plants get their normal sex?

Can I get good feminized seeds out of that, or will they likely be hermies?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Seeds from feminised plants are female if the sex determining system is Active Y. In X to autosome lines there are no male plants at all.
Therefore whatever line you use, if advertised as feminised, and there are no mix ups by the breeder, then all your seeds were female. If the flower expression was pollen sacks, then that is a Hermie, even if it was so genetically messed up that there were no female flowers produced at all. That's not a good plant to use for breeding, unless as I said, it's an x to autosome line. Then all bets are off.

igrowone

Veteran
will you get hermie offspring?
maybe, this will be a crap shoot
big thing is if you liked the parents, then taking a chance probably makes more sense
but you could get stable plants, I've been pollen chucking with hermies and I can guarantee the results are tough to predict

StrainMister

Hey, Thank you guys for your answers.
My male plant didnt had any hair on him so I decided to give this seeds a go. On my next run I will use 10 seeds from my actual grow and some fem seeds as back-up if theyre crap.
When I got the results out of it, I will make a update for you guys! :)