What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Can I run sativa in a 6' tent?

xtsho

I am considering growing PiffCoastFarms Purple Haze

That's a 6ft tent? I am currently operating in a 2x4x6 tent.

4 x 4 x 6.5. But I only have 5 ft to the sealed hood. I had to do some serious supercropping to make it fit.

tentheight.jpg

RobFromTX

I recommend a sativa thats geared more towards indoor cultivation. Ace panama is good and the green mountain seeds gear doesn't stretch much either. I find them pretty easy to manage

H e d g e

I am considering growing PiffCoastFarms Purple Haze
I just looked on their website but couldn’t find the purple haze, as far as I know the only pure purple haze available is in the same population as the oth xtsho posted.
I guess they must’ve outcrossed it, what does it say the flowering period is?

RobFromTX

My zacatecas tribute from green mountain seeds i ran last year. Very manageable sativa

Attachments

• IMG_20230814_093652126.jpg
    IMG_20230814_093652126.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230814_102930624.jpg
    IMG_20230814_102930624.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230830_170630797.jpg
    IMG_20230830_170630797.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230830_170735489.jpg
    IMG_20230830_170735489.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 26

Sanjuro

I'm willing and able to move the fan and filter combo outside of the tent too, if necessary.
That's how i have my set up in 180cm tall tent

But you need to put some filter cloth to cover the end of your exhaust hose because other wise it will suck all the dust particles from your tent into your carbon filter

Last edited:

Mars_Barz

4 x 4 x 6.5. But I only have 5 ft to the sealed hood. I had to do some serious supercropping to make it fit.

View attachment 19058704
Damn, so you only had five feet of space to work with, eh? Impressive.
I just looked on their website but couldn’t find the purple haze, as far as I know the only pure purple haze available is in the same population as the oth xtsho posted.
I guess they must’ve outcrossed it, what does it say the flowering period is?
It's the #2020PurpleHaze (Harlem Dreams x Harlem Dreams). No indication on what the flowering period is.
That's how i have my set up in 180cm tall tent

But you need to put some filter cloth to cover the end of your exhaust hose because other wise it will suck all the dust particles from your tent into your carbon filter
THIS. I was actually going to ask about this. I might move my tent into the basement, and it's kind of dusty down there. I'd need some sort of dust filtering device put over the holes in the tent to block out particulates from getting in there.

H e d g e

It’s an s1 of a blue dream cross with 11 week bloom, just grow it like any other hybrid. You’ll have plenty of space with 6’. Crazy prices, $25 a bean! Wow!!!​

Harlem Dreams​

We started by reversing the Cuban black haze clone only onto many different cultivars. To be honest, of all the crosses we did that round. The Blue dream cross was one of the hybrids we didn’t expect anything spectacular from. A customer reached out to us months after release saying he found this pheno and wanted to send us samples. It brought the flowering time of the black haze down from 92+ days to around 77-80.

Last edited:

Mars_Barz

It’s an s1 of a blue dream cross with 11 week bloom, just grow it like any other hybrid. You’ll have plenty of space with 6’. Crazy prices, $25 a bean! Wow!!!​

Now you can see why I made this post. lol

I can't really find any bad reviews for this piff. People say it's close to the piff that was sold in NYC in the early 2000's. And that's kind of what I'm after.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
Root resttiction is planting in a smaller pot, right?

And just outta curiosity, say I was to go right into a flower cycle.. could I skip the veg ferts entirely and just begin feeding flower cycle ferts instead?
Yes root restriction means smaller pots.
I'd skip the veg fert when growing sativas straight to 11/13 but i'm a water only grower so all ferts are in my mix(coots mix) and the plant takes what it needs

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Start 12/12 from seed, then scrog.

Warmer nighttime temps is a bad idea I would not recommend. The main thing with sativa's is to have a cool room or else you will see several flushes of re-flowerings. Keep the day and night temps within 10 degrees. 75 day 65 night is perfect. RH 50 or below. Train train train..

PadawanWarrior

Start 12/12 from seed, then scrog.

Warmer nighttime temps is a bad idea I would not recommend. The main thing with sativa's is to have a cool room or else you will see several flushes of re-flowerings. Keep the day and night temps within 10 degrees. 75 day 65 night is perfect. RH 50 or below. Train train train..
When I said warmer temps I'm not saying hotter than normal. I'm saying if temps are 75 day and 65 night. Reverse that for the first few weeks or until stretch has ended. So 65 day and 75 during the dark.

At least try and keep temps from drastically rising during the beginning of lights on. The beginning of lights on is apparently the most important. Apparently the bigger the difference in temp the bigger the difference in stretch.

I'd say it definitely helps. In winter the stretch is quite a bit smaller than summer. That's when the temps are running warmer in the dark since I run lights at night. I'm just giving him one more idea. Training will help keep it shorter more than anything.