What's new

Can Beer be made with Cannabis?

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
It wont have any alcohol untill you put something in to convert the sugar to alcohol ie yeast. To make it safe after sitting for so long you could add some water and boil it for a while. Folks add citrus to country wines for acidity, but I don't know of a lemon or lime wine recipe.

Dankdude

A figment of your imagination
Mentor
You don't always get a green taste in Canna beers.
As said before in this thread you dry hop the cannabis. you need 5 - 7 ounces to making it where you will get a cannabis buzz along with the alcohol. Also you need a beer that is going to be at least 6 1/2% Alcohol By volume. It is the Alcohol that strips out the THC from the plant matter.
Hint, If you want to avoid the green Flavor altogether, make a Stout.

here is a recipe for a cannabeer.....

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=18094

Dr Psycho

The Cannibis should be water cured and added to the primary fermenter on the 4th or fifthday when there is enough alcohol present to extract the cannabinoids. Brwing beer is similar to growing herb, you can learn the basics in an afternoon and take the rest of your life to perfect it. I agree with Paddi , learn to brew first before adding Herb , I find that strong dark beers like nutbrown ale go well with the earthy, cannabis flavours- I use one ounce of water cured trim leaf per-gallon ( 4 litres) of beer . Keep the herb in a nylon mesh bag and remove it after a couple days. I've read some good Reipes on Erics Kitchen in Weed world. Hippies in No-cal make a potent but vile tasting citrus/Cannabis wine that I sampled at a Dead Show once....Avoid